Moscow

Attachments

• img705.jpg
    img705.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Ag00gleUser

May 28, 2013
Hi fellow Canadian G2 users. Would like to share some of my experiences with my G2 in case anyone finds this useful. I have an unlocked Wind D801 running on Bell LTE, and managed to get Autorec to work by using D803 Autorec making sure I disabled "Mount Namespace Separation" in SuperSU settings before running Autorec. Was using CM13 for quite some time up until the latest Dec 20 2016 snapshot, and the rom ran quite well for me without any bugs and superb performance (with Antutu score around 55k with performance setting, and around 49k with balanced setting). Only major issue I found was that the camera software (including any Camera apps I found off Playstore - with the possible exception of "Camera MX") sucked quite hard compared to the XCAM/stock LG camera software, and the stock Music player (along with others I found in Playstore) wasn't that friendly with sorting by folder. So I decided to give Cloudy G2 3.3 try for these two reasons. Still running Cloudy G2 3.3 for now, and so far the experience has been good having much better camera software along with decent performance that's only slightly behind CM13 after I changed the CPU governor to Interactive using No Frills CPU Control (with Antutu score around 51k with Ondemand governor, and around 45k with Interactive). Slightly missing Now on Tap through CM13, but as I did not use it much, it was a sacrifice that was more than acceptable, especially as I like LG's UI overall. In terms of battery life with Cloudy G2 3.3, I have found it to possibly be slightly worse than CM13 though standby battery life seems to be on par with CM13 doze with the help of the Greenify app. If Cloudy G2 3.3 doesn't pan out for some reason, I may look to try Cloudy G2 2.2 and set it to run ART with a custom kernel such as Dorinmax. As the phone is still quite decent overall by today's standards in terms of performance and form factor with the slim bezels, hoping to keep this phone as my daily driver for a few more years (possibly with the help of continually updated custom roms). If you have any other useful tips/advice based on your experiences, please feel free to share your insights.

Edit: Experienced signal drops on Cloudy 3.3, so tried out Cloudy 2.2 running ART with Dorinmax kernel. Unfortunately Cloudy 2.2 was quite laggy for me and I couldn't install XCAM, so reverted back to Cloudy 3.3. Cloudy 3.3 is running good for me now as it seems much snappier than Cloudy 2.2. Seems rebooting helped to rectify the signal drop on Cloudy 3.3...you may need to reboot multiple times until you no longer get signal drop if you happen to experience the signal drops

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I'm not by any remote chance a developer or anything of the sort, I'm just your typical flashaholic enthusiast who thought he bought the wrong model phone, as development for the Canadian D801/D803 is seriously lacking. All I'm trying to do in this thread is trying to bring every bit and pieces of its development into a single thread. I'll try and give credit where credit is due, so please, if you believe you are the one to credit for something I post, let me know so I can give you the corresponding credit.

I cannot stress enough, please do a Nandroid backup before you attempt ANYTHING! I will not be held responsible for anything you do to destroy your phone! You have been warned!

Phone models compatible with this thread:

*Claro PR D801
    *Wind Mobile D801
    *Videotron D801
    *Rogers D803
    *Bell D803
    *Telus D803

T-Mobile D801 is NOT compatible

Install TWRP Recovery on LG G2 Running Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (All Models))

If you lose knock on/off feature, just dial 3845#*80x# (change x for phone version)
    Then go to setting and update touchscreen firmware. Thanks to @Rotopeon for the heads up!

Now to the good stuff!

I'll first post the kernels that are compatible with this phone; to me, this piece of the puzzle alone is the most important to me, as this allows you to basically flash any rom you like to this phone.

Unofficial Cyanogenmod 12.1 for the LG G2 D803

Say thanks to @zr239 in his thread for this!

Kernels

1- Wootever kernel
    Just click the one that reads (d803-custom-05) [Canada]. This kernel has the generic connectivity icons (no LTE icon etc). Merely cosmetic, LTE speeds remains the same.

2-Furnace kernel
    Download the one that says D803 (for BOTH, do NOT download the one that says D801!) This kernel has the stock (your company issued) connectivity icons (4G LTE icons etc). Merely cosmetic, LTE speeds remains the same.

3- Dorimanx kernel
    Download the one that says D803, flash in recovery

4- Stock Claro PR (D801) kernel
    File was repacked correctly to not break Wifi, cross compatible with other D801 phones and D803. This kernel has the generic connectivity icons (no LTE icon etc). Merely cosmetic, LTE speeds remains the same. Thanks @prking07 for the repack!

5- Stock D803 kernel
    File was repacked correctly to not break Wifi, cross compatible with other D803 phones and D801. This kernel has the stock (your company issued) connectivity icons (4G LTE icons etc). Merely cosmetic, LTE speeds remains the same. Thanks @prking07 for the repack!

6- Houstonn's D803 AOSP Kernel 01-20-2014

7- Simple Kernel (Kit Kat compatible kernel)

Root

1- Kingo ROOT
    This is how I personally have rooted various LG G2 phones; to me, it's the single, most easiest way to root almost ANY JB device. Try and see if this works for you.

2- Alternate root method
    Try this if Kingo fails for you

Modems

By cross compatibility, it's implied that you will not cripple your phone if you flash any of these modems to a compatible phone: signal quality and end user experience may vary, so test whichever is better for you. If LTE goes missing on your phone, dial *#*#4636#*#*, and in phone info, and select the LTE option. There's also apps in the Play Store that can do this for you.. Although these have been tested already, you never know when the planets will align and make thing go awry, so always make a nandroid, and please BACKUP YOUR EFS IF YOU'RE GOING TO MESS WITH MODEMS!

1- Stock D801 Claro PR modem
    Retains cross compatibility. Flash via recovery.

2- Rogers stock D803 modem

3- Stock Bell D803 Modem

4- T-Mobile stock modem
    Flash this radio to you D801/D803, if, after flashing a T Mobile based rom, you get lousy signal. Will not brick/erase/destroy your phone. Flash via recovery.

5- KK Baseband If you're planning on upgrading to Kit Kat from 4.2.2 JB or AOSP, FLASH this file (baseband) before flashing the kit kat rom of your choice

Roms

Just download your favorite rom file, flash it via recovery, and IMMEDIATELY afterwards, flash one of the provided kernels in this thread! If you don't do this, you'll end up in fastboot!

1- Stock Bell Rom (rooted)

2- AOSP Roms: sweet compilation by @Dene_Bluesman!

3- Stock Claro PR Kit Kat KDZ file (Flash stock Claro ROM 4.2.2 JB, then flash this; if you do not, you'll be stuck on 49%)

4- Flashable Bell stock Kitkat D803B20e

5- Flashable Rogers stock Kit Kat D803R20D

6- Liquid Smooth AOSP

Recovery

1- TWRP 2.6.3.2

Bell Mobile

Roger Mobile (Also compatible with Claro PR)

2- TWRP 2.6.3.4
    Download the file named (d803-twrp-recovery) [Canada], and flash it via custom recovery

3- Philz Recovery

To flash:

Download the above file and place it in /sdcard on your device. Using adb shell or terminal emulator:

su

dd if=/sdcard/recoveryfilename.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

Make certain that you get this command right. Typing the wrong number could result in a brick!

Or if you comfortable with it, just Flashify the file :)

Here's a D803 Build prop just in case you need it

D803 Stock Build Prop

I'll add more stuff as needed, let me know if you need anything else and I'll post it here!

Credits

@prking07 for helping me repack the stock kernels into usable ones and constant heads up on these phones!
    @Wootever for his awesome kernel!
    @savoca for his Furnace kernel!
    @autoprime for his flashable modem zip thread! and IOroot thread!
    @tangjun269 for the gflex patches!
    @Dene_Bluesman for the stock Bell radio and rom file, stock Rogers and bell stock Kit Kat roms, as well as D803 AOSP rom ports!!
    @Kenepo for his suggestions and desire to always help! PM him if you have any questions on these phones! @iTzGavin96 for the Claro PR stock KK KDZ!

And to others who one way or another made finding files possible! Let me know if I left you out of the credits if you believe you contributed somehow to this thread!
    Care to elaborate where the updater script needs to be changed/modified? For the benefit of the common good :)

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Took me a while to find this on my old posts, but here it is. This should work with EVERY d802 kitkat aosp based ROM out there so here it goes:

All you have to do is look for the Meta-inf folder>Com>Google>Android and the updater-script file should be there. Download Notepad ++ and open the updater script with it.

The first lines that you have to edit should look like this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "d802" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d802" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "g2" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "g2" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "galbi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galbi" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "d800" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d800" || abort("This package is for \"d802,g2,galbi,d800\"

Edit them so it looks exactly like this, and make sure to keep the same format. All you have to do is change the "d802" and "galbi" for "d803"

Like this:
    assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "d803" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d803" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "g2" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "g2" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "d803" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d803" ||
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "d800" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d800" || abort("This package is for \"d802,g2,galbi,d800\"

After that, replace the boot.img with the Furnace Kernel boot.img (the one made for aosp, it works with most 4.4 roms), save and close the zip. Put it in your phone and flash, along with the G-apps and optionally the QuickRemote.zip if you want to get remote functionality.

If you don't feel comfortable with replacing the boot.IMG yourself, skip the boot.IMG replacing part and go straight ahead and flash the modified ROM.zip and afterwards flash the furnacekernel.zip

If I didn't make things understandable, just say it and I'll take the time to explain more when I get home. I'm replying from the phone and its kinda hard to do quotes and stuff on chrome :)
    Well good news is we wait 4 more days till rogers pumps put the 4.4 update.
    http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    Cyanogenmod11 M3

Hi All

I have put together a D803 version of CM11 M3 snapshot release based on the D802 version of CM11. I replaced the kernel with the D803 furnace 1.52 kernel (not OC). I also edited the build.prop to allow for mutliple users. I just installed it myself and it seems to be working OK.

Going forward I will store my CM11 Canadian versions here and I will probably port some of the nightlies over (not every night, but maybe weekly or so):

http://d-h.st/users/peliopoulos/?fld_id=32811#files

At some point I might put out an unofficial D803 thread.