Official KitKat Rollout starts today !!!

Search This thread

karrouma

Jun 27, 2013
int site

Latest available software
You may already have the latest software, depending on the date of purchase. Software updates are released at different times depending on operator and/or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.
Android version: Google Android 4.4 (Kitkat)

Latest available software: 14.3.A.0.681

Release started: 2014-03-19

To find your device’s current software version:
Settings > About phone > Build number / version

Included in this software
This upgrade for your Xperia™ smartphone includes many improvements, such as:
Display personalisation, including White Balance adjustment
Clearer music streaming using Bluetooth devices
Optimised Wi-Fi performance and stability
Enhanced Email experience
Contacts, Messaging and Small Apps improvements
Xperia™ Z1 Android version overview

Launch version
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
2013-09
Released version
Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
2013-12
Latest version
Android 4.4 (KitKat)
2014-03
Note: The availability of software updates depends on your country and/or operator.

I want to require 4.4.2 Kit Kat download link for Z1 6903 :p:p:p:p

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
Guys, it doesn't make sense for Sony to release all their new features with the Z1. My theory is that they released this update to make Z1 users happy, and will release a big update later on with some of the Z2's features once the Z2 is out. Don't give up hope yet.

whatwhatster

Oct 1, 2013
Yeah people why all the rush, there will be a new headset out let them bring that to the human first :)).
When the Z2 is out for 2/3 months maybe then some stuff will be ported in the Z1 with another update, if this will not be the case then I will be standing in the line to complain but for now just relax people.

Love the tap to wake future on my Tablet Z so hope this one will get on the Z1 in a future update.

Jay794

Nov 3, 2012
It does annoy me how late manufacturers are to the party, it shouldn't take 4 months to release the latest software

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

kacpers21

Jan 25, 2014
From sony site:

Introducing Android 4.4.2 KitKat with many new features and enhancements
Updated Camera application and overall tuning to improve the camera experience
Enhanced email app
Stability, performance & battery improvements

So maybe we get some of Z2 apps or at least image processing software from Z2 :)

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
From sony site:

Introducing Android 4.4.2 KitKat with many new features and enhancements
Updated Camera application and overall tuning to improve the camera experience
Enhanced email app
Stability, performance & battery improvements

So maybe we get some of Z2 apps or at least image processing software from Z2 :)

yeah it would also be stupid to make two algorithms... ;)

ascariss

May 6, 2011
Gdansk
if there is no new algorithm, then personally I see no point in rushing with the update to my z1, won't bring me what I really wanted.

majp89

Oct 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
So I have the Xperia Z1S on T-Mobile. Does anyone know anything about that? It's a Z1 just branded for T-Mo. How do I go about getting this update?

PS: I hope this update fixes this rubbish touchscreen, it's easily one of the worst touch screens I have ever used.

ascariss

May 6, 2011
Gdansk

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
So I have the Xperia Z1S on T-Mobile. Does anyone know anything about that? It's a Z1 just branded for T-Mo. How do I go about getting this update?

PS: I hope this update fixes this rubbish touchscreen, it's easily one of the worst touch screens I have ever used.

We have to wait a while. Most likely (unless there's a miracle) we'll get it in about 5-6 months. That's what happened with the Xperia Z (twice), so I'm just assuming it will happen again.

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Feb 24, 2010
Phoenix
Samsung Galaxy S21+

Phew I'm glad to see you say that I was getting worried my screen is just faulty because it's soooo buggy.
I can't imagine we would have to wait any longer than the z1 it's basically the same phone software wise

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
Xperia Z1 4.4.2 KitKat 14.3.A.0.681 update Screenshots

Xperia Z1 4.4.2 KitKat 14.3.A.0.681 update Screenshots below.

Updated via EMMA, not rolled via PCC ( atleast in India, don't know about other regions ).

SOURCE - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/03/19/xperia-z1-14-3-0-681-firmware-kitkat-android-4-4-2-update-rolling/

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-firmware-About-Phone.jpg

Software Version – 1272-6084_14.3.A.0.681
Customization Version – 1277-2364_R4C

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-firmware-Software-info.jpg

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-Quick-Settings-Option.jpg

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-Notification-settings.jpg

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-firmware-Notification-Panel.jpg

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-firmware-Lock-Screen.jpg

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-firmware-Home-Screen.jpg

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-Default-SMS-App-settings.jpg

Xperia-Z1-14.3.A.0.681-answering-maching.jpg

What is their in Update ?

• New Homescreen and locksreen wallpapers.
  • Transparent navigation bar and status bar.
  • New Battery icon.
  • No touch to wake up feature.
  • New start up screen.
  • New KitKat Boot animation.
  • Screenshot option in Power menu.
  • Calendar app updated.
  • Answering machine option in call app.
  • Manage notification settings for particular app.
  • Default SMS app settings.

Source - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/03/19/xperia-z1-14-3-0-681-firmware-kitkat-android-4-4-2-update-rolling/

majp89

Oct 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Phew I'm glad to see you say that I was getting worried my screen is just faulty because it's soooo buggy.
I can't imagine we would have to wait any longer than the z1 it's basically the same phone software wise

No if you Google the problem, there is a 56 page thread on it and this update is confirmed to fix it. My first Z1 didn't turn on after a while, so I got a new one and it still has the touch screen issue, so most likely it's a software bug of some sort. It drives me insane, the phone loses functionality for so much things with the issue.

And if this phone doesn't get the update in the next 4 months, I'm ditching it anyways courteous of T-Mobile Jump. I'll find a way to get it anyways though because this site is awesome like that.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California

HAHAHAHA. Yeah so was the Xperia Z. It was exactly the same phone. This phone does have some differences, but if previous rollouts are to go by, it will take about 5-6 months to get to us. Someone will have rooted it by then, and then we could just flash a custom rom.

Hey, I'll be happy if they do get it out quick, but it's a really really small chance.

Top Liked Posts