Best Case for Photon

Search This thread

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
I want a case, but I'm kinda lost with all the options. A good friend at Sprint and his roommate both swear by Otterbox, and I've heard about them before. One's $20 and the other is $30 on Amazon. What's the difference?

I'm more concerned with protection than convenience, but I want access to the kickstand, charging port, and headphone jack, at least.

All these cases require a separate screen protector, right?

EggSpawn

Apr 20, 2012
Tacoma
I want a case, but I'm kinda lost with all the options. A good friend at Sprint and his roommate both swear by Otterbox, and I've heard about them before. One's $20 and the other is $30 on Amazon. What's the difference?

I'm more concerned with protection than convenience, but I want access to the kickstand, charging port, and headphone jack, at least.

All these cases require a separate screen protector, right?

I would go with the defender. Provides amazing protection and you still get the kickstand and everything. And it comes with a screen protector but I pop it out cause the gorilla glass is a beast

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Jeff213

Apr 21, 2012
I have a defender and it works good for me. It protects my phone on the construction site. Most construction worker's smart phones have cracks in the screens.

The downside is its size, its like an early 90s flip phone with the case.

Otterbox also has excellent service, I had a holster break on me and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

flame7

Feb 12, 2012
An alternative to the defender is the SEIDIO surface, it's smaller and gives you the same protection than the otterbox

Sent from my MB855 running CM9/AOKP, xda premium

10-Dee-Q

May 18, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23
defender or commuter, still can't decide
does the commuter have a full screen protector ?
and also i know that the defender have a screen protector built into the case itself
does it feel "tacky" ?

Jeff213

Apr 21, 2012
I cannot speak about the commuter, I have never held one.

The defender built in screen cover does not feel tacky whatsoever. It is a slick plastic screen cover. If you leave it in your pocket it will get small scratches over time and the display wont be quite as crisp with it on but overall its a great screen protector and way better than the film ones that adhere directly to the screen.

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
I cannot speak about the commuter, I have never held one.

The defender built in screen cover does not feel tacky whatsoever. It is a slick plastic screen cover. If you leave it in your pocket it will get small scratches over time and the display wont be quite as crisp with it on but overall its a great screen protector and way better than the film ones that adhere directly to the screen.

I agree and I disagree. I have the defender and love it, not scratches what so ever, but I baby the damm thing (I work in IT, so it's not like im in construction).

I had GhostArmour on my EVO. Not only the best film cover out there, they guarentee scratch free, or they replace it!If you can, go to store and have them install it. They have special dryer that they leave it in for 30 minutes, but I had them leave it in for 2 hours!

10-Dee-Q

May 18, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23
Im in Indonesia and theres a lot of fake otterbox here but of course none for the photon as the photon never launched officially here

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
Im in Indonesia and theres a lot of fake otterbox here but of course none for the photon as the photon never launched officially here

PM me your city and zip code, I'll see what I can do

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I hate to say it, but your screded BIG time. I just looked up shipping, the estimate is $154.76! with the cost of the OtterBox at $32.00 thats $190.00USD!

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
omg :(
anyway thx for the effort
i ended up buying @ ebay
22.99 with the shipping of $6
just crossing my finger and hope its not fake.
thx

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet fake. 1. Photon was released in the States, no where else (although people have them outside?) So OtterBox would natrually target the Photon case for USA. Second, I checked all 3 major carriers for shipping of a 8"X8"X8" box with minimum weight of 1Lb. The only company that shipped to you from America was UPS and it was $154.76!

The good though is, some fakes are really good!

stuartagray

Dec 28, 2010
Buena Park
Otter Box

I definitely love my Otters.
Currently have the commuter on my Photon. Love it.
Had the Defender on my Evo more protection than Obama would need while gator hunting with Neo-Nazis.
Otter is my easy choice now. I know I will not be disappointed.

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
I just ordered a Defender off Amazon, should be here by next weekend...about 30 bucks, can't complain.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Otterbox Commuter. Just awesome!
    Otterbox commuter here, and I love it. Yeah it adds more thickness, but now when I drop my my phone all I think is"oh well, my phone is a tank." Lol plus whenever you do decide to take it off it makes you feel like you have a small phone :p

Not complaining but I got my Defender and I expected rubber inside and hard plastic outside, not the other way around. I love how my phone is, especially in the belt clip. It just screams military grade. Is that stupid? False confidence because it's bulky? Either way I'm happy and feel I got my money's worth, and that's what matters.

I want to get my wife a case. Any recommendations? Can't be bulky, she has smaller hands. Mainly want to keep the screen and case free of scratches more than anything. Colors a plus, especially if they have blue.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

http://www.seidioonline.com/ They have the surface and active cases that come in blue. I have the convert which includes a surface case and its nice on its own. You can get it cheaper if you shop around of course.
    Nice, but im naked now.

"oh so it's that kind of party! I'm sexy and I know it"
    :D

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app