How safe is triangle away?

Search This thread

spirithandler

Feb 5, 2012
I have an s3 that in download mode shows a flash count of 4 I am Knox free (thank god) I have checked out triangle away and it gives a warning of potential brick. I just curious if anyone has bricked resetting the flash count on their device.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

joeyhdownsouth

Apr 1, 2009
Creole State
I have an s3 that in download mode shows a flash count of 4 I am Knox free (thank god) I have checked out triangle away and it gives a warning of potential brick. I just curious if anyone has bricked resetting the flash count on their device.

I've used it several times on my friends' phones with no issues.

sent from my Gs3

Reactions: spirithandler

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
As long as you are Knox free you're good

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Last edited:

thenexusgeneration

Jan 26, 2013
Spokane
Without the 4.3 OTA, it will perform magnificently. With KNOX, it'll hard brick via a corrupted bootloader. I've revived from a corrupted bootloader but it isn't fun or guaranteed. Enjoy the KNOX-free as long as possible.

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
Triangle Away only works on ICS bootloaders. Useless if you are on JB, it will start counting every time you enter in recovery.

Sent from my SPH-L710

flynhawn2002

Feb 24, 2012
Are you trying to sell the phone? I believe the warranty is over for this phone so I wouldnt worry about it unless it bothers you. If you decide to take the plunge read read and read Chainfires thread for that apk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've used it several times on my friends' phones with no issues.

sent from my Gs3
    Without the 4.3 OTA, it will perform magnificently. With KNOX, it'll hard brick via a corrupted bootloader. I've revived from a corrupted bootloader but it isn't fun or guaranteed. Enjoy the KNOX-free as long as possible.

My s3 will never have KNOX as long as I own it.

sent from my Gs3