Firmware Update Bootloop, urgent

Search This thread

ULAMSS5

Apr 7, 2012
My phone is in bootloop because

1. The firmware update file is still in the SD card, so every time I boot into bootloader, it immediately prompts me to update(Either options forces me to restart again). adb is not detecting my phone without getting into fastboot. I cannot get into fastboot.

2. I don't have a ROM installed: The previous flash failed (most likely) because of outdated recovery, so I downloaded and flashed new recovery, which booted me out into this bootloop.

I have tried simulating battery pull (up+down+power), but it won't stay shut off for good. The phone keeps powering back up immediately(into HTC logo by default, or into hboot/firmware update mode if I hold the down button).

Please help me get out of this!

ULAMSS5

Apr 7, 2012
Firmware on sdcard ? Pull it out !

OH. MY. GOD. I cannot believe I didn't think of this. I guess I'm too used to the internal SD of my HOX. THANK YOU! I'll post back later on how it goes.

EDIT:

YES. IT IS ALIVE. Got into bootloader, then into recovery, then put my sdcard back in to restore the previous backup. It's unbricked.

Thank you once again, Mr Hofs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Hofs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OH. MY. GOD. I cannot believe I didn't think of this. I guess I'm too used to the internal SD of my HOX. THANK YOU! I'll post back later on how it goes.

EDIT:

YES. IT IS ALIVE. Got into bootloader, then into recovery, then put my sdcard back in to restore the previous backup. It's unbricked.

Thank you once again, Mr Hofs!