Galaxy Mega 6.3 Sprint Version : SPH-L600 Stock firmwares with root: Flashable Zips

Search This thread

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
AFAIK, no calls or data on lte in cm11. It works if you switch to 3g.

Sent from my GT_I9205 using Tapatalk

crcook60

Oct 30, 2011
Guangzhou, Guangdong China
AFAIK, no calls or data on lte in cm11. It works if you switch to 3g.

Sent from my GT_I9205 using Tapatalk

Yes, that is what I understood. I tried various settings in the phone info app, and when the network was set to cdma it seemed to connect the best, but again the signal wouldn't "stick." Additionally when the phone would scan for mobile networks, sometimes it would find Sprint, sometimes a network with a numerical value (not sure what that was but it wouldn't connect to that,) and sometimes it couldn't locate a network at all. All in all, it was an interesting experiment.

As for the Sprint ROM, it is working well. I got one of those annoying " you have lost your data connection because you have left the network with roaming turned off" messages about 1:00AM here, but none all day today. I think it is a network issue(not your ROM or device-specific) and Sprint clearly doesn't know what to do about it. I took the phone in about a month ago and was told there were known issues that were being addressed as the network continues to roll out in this area. You know the expression "a little knowledge is dangerous." It certainly applies in my case<g.>
Thanks,
Carl

Reactions: Silesh.Nair

twospirits

Nov 28, 2007
NYC
www.S4GRU.com
can you give me the link , or point me in the direction I should be to find that?

The download links are here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588661
Use the one named Galaxy Mega i9205 (meliusltexx) for Sprint I used the Odin Tar file and it worked perfectly. From there I flashed the Deodex ROM

No matter what I do I can't seem to get this working as simple as it is. I've done this numerous times with numerous devices and this is the first time I am stumped. btw, I had root but lost it somehow.
I am on version 4.2.2 already and on Sprint. I think what is throwing me for a loop is this...
All files can be downloaded from my Mega folder. Choose the mega link and select SPH-L600 STOCK FIRMWARE folder. MD5 hash values are available in a separate file inside the folder.
I can't seem to find that Mega folder or a link to it .
Anyway, so far..
I downloaded the Odin version of Philz recovery
Rebooted to stock recovery
Flashed the Philz recovery tar file via Odin
Rebooted and still not rooted.

Any help would be great.

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Does this root my phone?

Read the OP!!!

I can't seem to find that Mega folder or a link to it .

CLfsy9m.png

Reactions: twospirits

sasokutenshin

Jan 31, 2012
Nashville, TN
Anyone experiencing problems with WiFi turning on? Mine won't turn on. I press the switch and it changes to "on" just for a second or two, then switches itself back off. Any ideas?

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
See the highlighted text.

Must have skipped through that but I read about the Knox thing and I read about it when the s4 came out. And my phone has Knox apps that are hidden but I don't see anything in my boot loader about Knox. Also I read that the latest version NA7 isn't able to be rooted yet.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395231992346.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395231992346.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 279

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
It is an all I want is to root :(

Odin back to stock MK1. You can get it here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SPH-L600

Flash Philz recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588661 (Use the ODIN flashable) (meliusltexx)

Root via this method using Kingo http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527473

Use Root checker to verify you are rooted. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck

Once you are rooted then flash this ROM and you should be good to go. I used this method and I have zero issues.

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Odin back to stock MK1. You can get it here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SPH-L600

Flash Philz recovery http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588661 (Use the ODIN flashable) (meliusltexx)

Use Root checker to verify you are rooted. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck

Once you are rooted then flash this ROM and you should be good to go. I used this method and I have zero issues.

Thanks! But now one last question I read somewhere that the update enabled the phone to use sprint faster LTE bands is that true? Because normal LTE is slow where I live and LTE spark is where its at

MikeyLee

Jul 20, 2010
Phoenix
I'm not sure it the update actually enables Spark or if its already capable but I know it enables WiFi calling. Here are my speeds though. WiFi, LTE and Spark.
za6agy6a.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

crcook60

Oct 30, 2011
Thanks! But now one last question I read somewhere that the update enabled the phone to use sprint faster LTE bands is that true? Because normal LTE is slow where I live and LTE spark is where its at

I couldn't get the Kingo root to work. I think those who were successful did so before the current firmware. I'm going to redo this as I returned to "squeaky clean" today so that I could take my phone in to be checked for hardware issues(there were none,) but there ARE major issues with the network in my area, West Palm. The tech said, support is recommending users leave phone on CDMA--really!?!?!

Correct me if I am mistaken, but if you flash the Philz recovery in Odin, then select reboot system, it asks you if you want to root the device, and and you just say yes. Voila, you have root. Verify with any root checker app. I will do this again shortly and verify that is the way it worked.
Carl

Edit/Update:
OK, this is about as straightforward as it gets: Download Philz Touch( it is linked several places here.) Put phone in download mode( home+power+volume down.) Open Odin, connect phone to PC. Odin should recognize phone in the com section in upper left corner. Select the PDA tab on the right and browse to the recovery you downloaded earlier. In the lower left Odin will give info about the recovery file( if it says MD5 is invalid, your download is likely corrupt, re-download it.) If the file is valid, simply hit the start button and Odin will flash the recovery. Odin will auto-reboot the system. Turn phone off. Boot into recovery(home+power+volume up,) to verify that Philz is in fact installed. One the recovery loads, hit restart system, and the recovery will offer to root the device. Select yes. Restart system. Verify root with root checker.

Last edited:

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I couldn't get the Kingo root to work. I think those who were successful did so before the current firmware. I'm going to redo this as I returned to "squeaky clean" today so that I could take my phone in to be checked for hardware issues(there were none,) but there ARE major issues with the network in my area, West Palm. The tech said, support is recommending users leave phone on CDMA--really!?!?!

Correct me if I am mistaken, but if you flash the Philz recovery in Odin, then select reboot system, it asks you if you want to root the device, and and you just say yes. Voila, you have root. Verify with any root checker app. I will do this again shortly and verify that is the way it worked.
Carl

Edit/Update:
OK, this is about as straightforward as it gets: Download Philz Touch( it is linked several places here.) Put phone in download mode( home+power+volume down.) Open Odin, connect phone to PC. Odin should recognize phone in the com section in upper left corner. Select the PDA tab on the right and browse to the recovery you downloaded earlier. In the lower left Odin will give info about the recovery file( if it says MD5 is invalid, your download is likely corrupt, re-download it.) If the file is valid, simply hit the start button and Odin will flash the recovery. Odin will auto-reboot the system. Turn phone off. Boot into recovery(home+power+volume up,) to verify that Philz is in fact installed. One the recovery loads, hit restart system, and the recovery will offer to root the device. Select yes. Restart system. Verify root with root checker.

Does this work with the latest firmware? Because I know a way to root is return to the previous firmware and root once rooted start downloading the update FIRST and then while its downloading use ota root keeper and enable it make sure to do that while the update is downloading otherwise it will say you have a modified system and can't let you check for updates

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
If you use ota, your bootloader will get updated to accommodate Knox. Once that happens, you cannot flash custom ROMs, neither can you go back to an older stock version.

The whole purpose of creating this ROM is not to use the ota method to update so that your bootloader does not upgrade.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: twospirits

crcook60

Oct 30, 2011
Does this work with the latest firmware? Because I know a way to root is return to the previous firmware and root oonpnce rooted start downloading the update FIRST and then while its downloading use ota root keeper and enable it make sure to do that while the updatie is downloading otherwise it will say you have a modified system and can't let you check for updates

The beauty of this is the simplicity. What you suggest sounds WAY too complicated, IMHO. While it is important to be " up to date" the ultimate goal for me is take control of my phone. I'm one of those who likes the Samsung aesthetic, but prize more the performance enhancements afforded by many of the custom builds( CM 11 unofficial on this little Galaxy Tab 3 8" I'm typing on really sings, for instance.) Silesh.Nair is suggesting that we can future proof our devices prior to the restrictions Knox implements, as we wait for/contribute to, further development for our phone.
Carl

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I got mine rooted using the recovery root method just one last question what are the differences in the SPH-L600 ROMs and GT-I9205? are they the same ROM just none of the sprint APNs? I'm confused on the two

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do not own this phone.

This thread will provide custom recovery ( CWM/TWRP ) flashable zip files of the stock frmware without knox software. This way you need not upgrade using OTA and hence will be able to move between stock and custom firmware if need to.

If you use OTA to upgrade to the latest firmware, your bootloader will be upgraded to facilitate knox. Once updated there is no going back. The roms in this thread will help you overcome this issue.

The only prerequisite is that you are not already running a knox enabled bootloader. You can find this out by going into download mode and checking if knox entries are shown in bootloader screen.

You will have the following advantages.

• Bootloader is not touched, hence any compatible rom can be flashed, including custom roms
    • Only Samsung knox files are removed
    • Root & Busybox
    • Stock kernel
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned

Procedure
    • Download the Odin version of Philz recovery or my custom twrp recovery and flash.
    • Reboot to recovery first else custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery.
    • Flash the ROM zip file
    • Reboot and Njoy...
    As an additional step, you can flash the modem that comes with the ROM. The procedure to flash the modem is given below.
    • Use Odin v3.04
    • Untick Autoreboot
    • Flash modem
    • Reboot once again into Download Mode using (Vol Down plus Home button combi)
    • Flash Modem once more
    • Once done,unplug then reboot device manually.
    • If this doesn't work, try repeating the flash process again while rebooting manually and with auto-reboot option turned off.

Downloads

All files can be downloaded from my Mega folder. Choose the mega link and select SPH-L600 STOCK FIRMWARE folder. MD5 hash values are available in a separate file inside the folder.

Credits
    @dsixda for creating android kitchen which makes it so easy to create a stock rom in zip format. I modified the kitchen to make it compatible with the Mega...

@MikeyMike for testing the build....
    It is an all I want is to root :(

Working on it. Short of time....

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Confirmed everything works great. Battery is great and have not had any issues at all.

Carl

Edit/Update: