NA6 is released in US

Search This thread

stevedrz

Dec 7, 2009
Went back to us mk7 from uk nc1..

Got the maximum roll out exceeded message, tried kies, still mk7 there for me. I'm sure it's coming, but US always seems to be the last, I think we were dead last for mk7 too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396757096227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396757096227.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 388

shamrock505

Nov 30, 2013
Why is it these updates offer squat compared to the pain in the ass waiting-in the US also and in no hurry-I'll keep the root and flashed theme-just venting-thanks

jaltman

Aug 5, 2012
There is an email app, but I can't figure out how to make it do anything. No mail shows up there from any of my mail accounts and there is no configuration either on the watch or in gear manager. Maybe a forthcoming gear manager is required.

It does seem Sammy is doing precious little to its keep up with the Jones' or maybe they're holding back pending a transition to Tizen.

smokestack76

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 18, 2008
Clinton Indiana
Went back to us mk7 from uk nc1..

Got the maximum roll out exceeded message, tried kies, still mk7 there for me. I'm sure it's coming, but US always seems to be the last, I think we were dead last for mk7 too..

I get the same msg..... Oh well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

stevedrz

Dec 7, 2009
Worked for me after many retries yesterday. Now to see when we get NC1

al16000

Mar 6, 2009
This update did add some cool new features.

You can now specify what swipe up and down does on watch via 'Application Shortcuts' in Gear manager under 'My Apps'.

Also, Contacts and Logs are now just like other apps, you can make them favorites or not and you can adjust what order they appear in. Good changes from what I can see.

Finally, the 'Emails' app lets you read full emails for any new emails that come in (from the stock email app). You can also delete them via the menu when viewing them.

Last edited:

kiru

May 12, 2005
This update did add some cool new features.

You can now specify what swipe up and down does on watch via 'Application Shortcuts' in Gear manager under 'My Apps'.

Also, Contacts and Logs are now just like other apps, you can make them favorites or not and you can adjust what order they appear in. Good changes from what I can see.

Finally, the 'Emails' app lets you read full emails for any new emails that come in (from the stock email app). You can also delete them via the menu when viewing them.

Full emails including exchange emails?

lishuoxa

Dec 22, 2010
Just got an update to NA6. New app email, thats about it so far.

When you increase the backlight beyond level 5, there will be an 'outdoor mode' which will maximum the backlight and return to level 4 after screen off 5mins.

Also, in motion settings, you can choose wake up gesture to be "clock" or "last viewed screen"

I hope they are new features.

crazed_z06

May 17, 2009
Bah... Update wont install on mine.. gets to 27% and I get the dead Android and it goes back to the homescreen..

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
Also when reviewing notifications if you tap and old say gmail or messages. Remove from list will come up. You select yes this is a delete all for that group.

hausman

May 22, 2006
Edit 2:

Weird - after awhile I started being able to read bits of email messages in the notifications area, so that (below) is solved.

I also noticed that you can drag and move icons in the "big icons" view. Long press on any big icon, and when the others appear to left and right you can drag to reorder them.

Old edit: I can read the messages from the "Email" application, but that means I now have to go to that App instead of just tapping from "Notifications" so overall it takes away the convenience of using a smartwatch to begin with. If I have to jump through hoops to see a message, I might as well just pull the phone out.

Last edited:

shoeless1542

Jul 8, 2008
Just got the update this weekend. Totally borks exchange email if security is set on you work email. Now I can't quickly check my emails on my wrist. Really sucks, so now I have to figure out how to revert back. Does anyone know if you can do that through kies?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mar 5, 2011
My company has heightened IT security and I have been unable to connect to my exchange account without installing MDM software and using TouchDown (which I hate). I gave CloudMagic a try and not only did it connect to my exchange account, the CloudMagic notifications come through on my gear with the same amount of message content I had with the stock email app. I have the UK version of the ROM installed so I can't confirm it works with the US update, but it might be worth a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: highlordkram

highlordkram

Nov 21, 2006
Las Vegas
My company has heightened IT security and I have been unable to connect to my exchange account without installing MDM software and using TouchDown (which I hate). I gave CloudMagic a try and not only did it connect to my exchange account, the CloudMagic notifications come through on my gear with the same amount of message content I had with the stock email app. I have the UK version of the ROM installed so I can't confirm it works with the US update, but it might be worth a try.

Thank you very much! I can confirm that this works on the US version also and that the notifications are coming through clear on my watch. I had also lost the Outlook or Exchange emails with the latest update again, and have been using an Android email app instead, but they kind of got jumbled together on the watch, if there were two or three that came in close by each other.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.