[Q] Active cmdline overflow after S-off

Search This thread

xsodia

Mar 29, 2014
Hi,

After flashing a stock recovery to Update the OTA, I flashed back the custom recovery, I past S-Off to use FREEDOM everything worked nice, then I wanted to format my phone and I accidentally deleted anything!
Then I downloaded One_4.19.401.11_odexed.zip RUU somewhere, I flashed it back everything is okey, I tried to boot the phone but it always show me the fastboot screen and I can just go to the bootloader screen With a red message :
"active cmdline overflow 10XX", I couldn't access neither the recovery nor the system!

I triend to S-on from the fastboot mod : "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" It worked and my phone is Working fine :D
I tried to s-off again but always I face the same problem until I S-on it again...

The question is from where I got this problem ? and Why ? and how can I S-off my phone with safety to escape this problem and use FREEDOM ?
and thanks

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
FYI, you did something bad... to enable S-On when your firmware is not 100% working perfectly ensures that you probably can't fix it.

But can you clarify what is the problem now? Did you say your phone's OS is working, but that you can't boot to the bootloader?

xsodia

Mar 29, 2014
FYI, you did something bad... to enable S-On when your firmware is not 100% working perfectly ensures that you probably can't fix it.

But can you clarify what is the problem now? Did you say your phone's OS is working, but that you can't boot to the bootloader?

When my phone is S-Off I can just boot to the bootloader I can't access the OS! But when S-on I can access both of them like I could do before, but always with a message on Fastboot : Active cmdline overflow ... and I can make S-off/S-on whenever I want ! and now it's S-on so I can work fine with my phone

Now I just want to S-Off again after fixing the problem to boot into the OS as the bootloader without any problem !

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
This thread implies you may have flashed a system that doesn't match your CID (which is probably obvious, considering that that's the main reason people get S-Off). I suggest changing your CID to match the new system, or change it to the SuperCID value. But it would be even better to install the right RUU for your phone and region, if it exists.

Reactions: xsodia

xsodia

Mar 29, 2014
This thread implies you may have flashed a system that doesn't match your CID (which is probably obvious, considering that that's the main reason people get S-Off). I suggest changing your CID to match the new system, or change it to the SuperCID value. But it would be even better to install the right RUU for your phone and region, if it exists.

Ow, Really! Can you explain more please ? Why changing the CID ? How to find the good one ? what are the consequences ? Why it's better to install the right RUU instead changing the CID ?

Then, I think I already changed the CID someday to 111111111....

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
Ow, Really! Can you explain more please ? Why changing the CID ? How to find the good one ? what are the consequences ? Why it's better to install the right RUU instead changing the CID ?

Then, I think I already changed the CID someday to 111111111....

S-off your phone and flash 1.44 hboot RUU. That's how I got my phone to boot up. I'm still getting that "active cmdline overflow" message, but I managed to update to 1.54 hboot (4.19.401.8 firmware) and now running ARHD 62. I can't flash Elemental kernel, but I flashed Faux kernel succesfully. My guess is that aroma installer somehow provoques active cmdline overflow. Anyway, downgrading to 1.44 hboot saved my phone

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
S-off your phone and flash 1.44 hboot RUU. That's how I got my phone to boot up. I'm still getting that "active cmdline overflow" message, but I managed to update to 1.54 hboot (4.19.401.8 firmware) and now running ARHD 62. I can't flash Elemental kernel, but I flashed Faux kernel succesfully. My guess is that aroma installer somehow provoques active cmdline overflow. Anyway, downgrading to 1.44 hboot saved my phone
Lots of people can't flash ElementalX. I couldn't flash it when I had hboot 1.54, but after HTC repaired a hardware issue and the phone was upgraded to hboot 1.56, the Aroma installer bugs went away.

Top Liked Posts