Zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery

Search This thread

as0k

Mar 2, 2011
Gothenburg
Yesterday after a reboot some of my zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery-app.
Also the thumbnail is all gray.

They are still working in the "Photos"-app though... And when I should attach a photo in tapatalk via gallery-app.

I had the same issue a month ago or so.
Anyone else had this issue?

gusymyda.jpg

yvu9asup.jpg

Translation on last pic: "Cannot play video. Unfortunately this video can't be played."

I'm running ViperOne 6.1 (sense 6)

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Yesterday after a reboot some of my zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery-app.

They are still working in the "Photos"-app though... And when I should attach a photo in tapatalk via gallery-app.

Translation on last pic: "Cannot play video. Unfortunately this video can't be played."

Haven't had that issue, but you could try clearing Data and Cache in the Gallery App
Settings -> Apps -> (scroll right to "All" Tab) look for "Gallery" and select clear data, clear cache

that should rebuild the thumbnails.

Reactions: as0k

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ok, but it won't delete photos when I clear data?

No it doesn't delete the real photos, only the gallery's database... Imagine you uninstalled the Gallery app, and it would delete your pictures... or a Music app and it would delete all your music.... then HTC / Google would be hearing even more complaints ;)

I do it from time to time (usually when dirty-flashing ROMs), and haven't lost any pictures, and when I open the Gallery app, it just takes a bit longer the first time, as it has to rebuild the database.

Reactions: as0k

as0k

Mar 2, 2011
Gothenburg
I still havn't solved this problem. My videos seems to be broken now. I can't open them with any app, or on my computer.
Can this be because i uninstalled gallery-app once and reinstalled it from play, because i had a zoe-problem with ViperOne 6.0 rom?

I now use ViperOne 6.2 after a full wipe installation and i don't get this problems now with new recordnings, but my old recordnings are still broken as i said.

Anyone have clue how i can somehow fix my broken videos? Can i use some program on my computer like Vitrualdub or such?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Haven't had that issue, but you could try clearing Data and Cache in the Gallery App
    Settings -> Apps -> (scroll right to "All" Tab) look for "Gallery" and select clear data, clear cache

that should rebuild the thumbnails.
    Ok, but it won't delete photos when I clear data?

No it doesn't delete the real photos, only the gallery's database... Imagine you uninstalled the Gallery app, and it would delete your pictures... or a Music app and it would delete all your music.... then HTC / Google would be hearing even more complaints ;)

I do it from time to time (usually when dirty-flashing ROMs), and haven't lost any pictures, and when I open the Gallery app, it just takes a bit longer the first time, as it has to rebuild the database.