Bluetooth Calling Issues

Search This thread

Bsanborn

Dec 18, 2008
Google Pixel 5
OnePlus 9
I know I had this problem before on my DNA that I fixed but it happened again and I can't remember what I did. Bluetooth works great when playing music but I can't get calling to work. I can hear the person generally (but a little garbled) but they can't hear me. I thought it was the radio, hboot, or something along those lines but haven't had any luck.

I am on the latest firmware and radio. It happens with any Rom I flash now. Was working great a few days ago, but I am pulling my hair out here. I know I read a post on how to fix it last time this happened but can't find it for the life of me.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Try the headset on a different device, or a different headset to rule out the headset going bad.

If it is the phone after that test, try an ruu

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Bsanborn

Dec 18, 2008
Google Pixel 5
OnePlus 9
Tried a different headset and no luck. Even did an RUU. I am pretty sure last time I had to use an RUU to downgrade to get it to work again. I know this is a somewhat common problem as I have seen others post about it. I just can't find what the solution was but I know it's posted somewhere on the DNA forums.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bsanborn

Dec 18, 2008
Google Pixel 5
OnePlus 9
This is making me crazy. I've tried everything, reflashing, RUU's, etc. I still can't get it back to teh point where my bluetooth calling works. I'm 99% sure it's not ROM or Kernel related as all the roms I've tried people have posted bluetooth calling works for them.

Another user describing exactly the same issue: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51143455&postcount=3745

That is in Zarboz's kernel thread though. I don't think it's kernel related but could be.

Anyone know how to fix this issue before I go bald from pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to work?