Bootanimation Installer - New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MrFrem82

Sep 15, 2010
Bologna
I think it would be a great program, but because i'm on a linux pc, i can not use it!
Please make, if you can, a linux compatible version (it's written in java, so it shouldn't be so difficult)

Reactions: D4rKn3sSyS

kersh

Oct 28, 2007
Works all in th eprogram, I push the animation in to the phone, said its ok but the animation doesnt change.

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I have a suggestion, could you have the new bootanimatiopn go to data/local instead of system/ media? Below are my concerns.
1: The system stock boot animation resides at system/media/bootanimation.zip - you should NEVER delete or replace this file.
2: The system ALTERNATIVE boot animation resides at data/local/bootanimation.zip ("bootanimation.zip" is optional - it does not exist unless you place it there)
3: When the system boots, it checks for the file "data/local/bootanimation.zip" first. If the file "data/local/bootanimation.zip" does no exist, it loads the file system/media/bootanimation.zip
Just a thought.

Reactions: D4rKn3sSyS

bls2633

Jan 16, 2011
Baltimore
It would be nice if you could explain in a little more detail just how to do this for us noobs. I too am having a hard time figuring this out on win7 64bit. I cant get any preview to show or anything else either. Thanks.

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
I have a suggestion, could you have the new bootanimatiopn go to data/local instead of system/ media? Below are my concerns.
1: The system stock boot animation resides at system/media/bootanimation.zip - you should NEVER delete or replace this file.
2: The system ALTERNATIVE boot animation resides at data/local/bootanimation.zip ("bootanimation.zip" is optional - it does not exist unless you place it there)
3: When the system boots, it checks for the file "data/local/bootanimation.zip" first. If the file "data/local/bootanimation.zip" does no exist, it loads the file system/media/bootanimation.zip
Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just got home, will take a look ;). People that it's having troubles, please be sure you have rooted phone, and be sure that your phone dont have weird bootanimation place (in fact there are a lot of phones with Weird bootanimation format, that this soft can't read)

merlin_ie

Jun 26, 2011
Sligo
Thanks for the suggestion, I just got home, will take a look ;). People that it's having troubles, please be sure you have rooted phone, and be sure that your phone dont have weird bootanimation place (in fact there are a lot of phones with Weird bootanimation format, that this soft can't read)

I must be one of those unlucky few (Samsung Galaxy Mini (S5570)) :mad::mad:

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
not working

thanks for the program. installs and works great on my pc, but after pushing the bootanimation.zip to my phone, i still get the regular bootanimation. i'm running cyanogen 7. any ideas?

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
thanks for the program. installs and works great on my pc, but after pushing the bootanimation.zip to my phone, i still get the regular bootanimation. i'm running cyanogen 7. any ideas?

Could you give more info?, phone, rooted or not, where are bootanimations stored, etc..
EDIT: Checking on your signature, i see that you have a Vibrant, well, i downloaded a bootanimation of vibrant, and Bootanimation Installer Should work, it's weird.

Last edited:

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
Could you give more info?, phone, rooted or not, where are bootanimations stored, etc..
EDIT: Checking on your signature, i see that you have a Vibrant, well, i downloaded a bootanimation of vibrant, and Bootanimation Installer Should work, it's weird.
yes, my phone is rooted. i'm running Cyanogen 7. i don't know where the bootanimation is stored. if i did, i would just cut and paste the bootanimation i want to use in to that folder using root explorer. i'm assuming that the issue could be with Cyanogen since it's not based on the regular android OS, it's an entity of it's own from what i understand, though i could be wrong on that. i've searched everywhere using root explorer and used the search feature for the bootanimation that came with Cyanogen, but to no avail. Thank you all in advance for your feedback and help.

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
yes, my phone is rooted. i'm running Cyanogen 7. i don't know where the bootanimation is stored. if i did, i would just cut and paste the bootanimation i want to use in to that folder using root explorer. i'm assuming that the issue could be with Cyanogen since it's not based on the regular android OS, it's an entity of it's own from what i understand, though i could be wrong on that. i've searched everywhere using root explorer and used the search feature for the bootanimation that came with Cyanogen, but to no avail. Thank you all in advance for your feedback and help.

It's not cyanogenmod, I run cyanogenmod on my phone, and it's normal, they haven't changed bootanimation place... it should be on /system/media, but you can also run /data/local bootanimation, so problem should be pushing, please try this:
Push bootanimation to phone, and check if there's a file called bootanimation.zip inside /data/local.
Best Regards, d4.

EDIT:
merlin_ie, and jon_yarbrough, checking your post, I find something similar, seems like your problem it's simply, adb it's not working.. can you manually check if there's something problem with adb ?, thanks.
EDIT2:
Have you guys followed instructions?, I mean, have you turned on USB Debugging?, that it's 80% probable to be the issue

Last edited:

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
It's not cyanogenmod, I run cyanogenmod on my phone, and it's normal, they haven't changed bootanimation place... it should be on /system/media, but you can also run /data/local bootanimation, so problem should be pushing, please try this:
Push bootanimation to phone, and check if there's a file called bootanimation.zip inside /data/local.
Best Regards, d4.

EDIT:
merlin_ie, and jon_yarbrough, checking your post, I find something similar, seems like your problem it's simply, adb it's not working.. can you manually check if there's something problem with adb ?, thanks.
EDIT2:
Have you guys followed instructions?, I mean, have you turned on USB Debugging?, that it's 80% probable to be the issue
i don't have an issue pushing the bootanimation. it shows that it goes through fine. i've looked in the data/local folder and the only folder in there is a temp folder in there along with the bootanimation that i cut and pasted in there. I've checked the permissions of the file and they are set as follows: Read (all 3 columns, Write (only the first check box) and Execute (none are checked). i've also tried looking in the system/media folder, but there is only an audio folder in there.

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
i don't have an issue pushing the bootanimation. it shows that it goes through fine. i've looked in the data/local folder and the only folder in there is a temp folder in there along with the bootanimation that i cut and pasted in there. I've checked the permissions of the file and they are set as follows: Read (all 3 columns, Write (only the first check box) and Execute (none are checked). i've also tried looking in the system/media folder, but there is only an audio folder in there.

Do something please, be sure you have USB Debugging on, then try Backing up current bootanimation, if sucessfull, delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip (the one you copied), and then try to push, and see if there it's a bootanimation.zip
Thanks.

Last edited:

merlin_ie

Jun 26, 2011
Sligo

i have agree NEARLY word for word with this. in my /data/local i have the following : tmp folder & bootanimation.zip..but when i look in bootanimation.zip, i see the following : system/media/bootanimation.zip

is this normal?

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
i have agree NEARLY word for word with this. in my /data/local i have the following : tmp folder & bootanimation.zip..but when i look in bootanimation.zip, i see the following : system/media/bootanimation.zip

is this normal?

mmm seems like a Symlink, let me check
EDIT: Nope, on my phone it's not a symlink .. that may be the issue, please write this on a .bat
Code:
rm -r /data/local/bootanimation.zip
pause

Inside ADB folder, and paste here output. Thanks
EDIT: Uploaded a new version that do it every time you push.

Last edited:

jon_yarbrough

Oct 14, 2010
DeBary
Do something please, be sure you have USB Debugging on, then try Backing up current bootanimation, if sucessfull, delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip (the one you copied), and then try to push, and see if there it's a bootanimation.zip
Thanks.
i made sure that USB Debugging Mode was enabled. Maybe i'm missing a step. This is what i'm doing. Mounting the SD card to my PC. Extracted the Bootanimation Installer and put the bootanimation that i want into the bootanimation folder that is extracted from the .rar file. Open the Bootanimation Installer, select the bootanimation.zip, then select Push Selected Bootanimation. It then says it's done and asks if i want to reboot. i reboot and the old bootanimation still appears and when i go into the data/local folder, there is no bootanimation.zip file. what is it that i'm doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts