4.1.A.0.562's camera performance

Search This thread

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Disable stabilisator and videos will be smooth again

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

whyparch

Apr 26, 2012
How about photos? JPEG thing, Mpx? Does stock ICS or any twicked ROM take as good pictures as GB?

harlz

Jul 20, 2010
Syd, Australia
Stabiliser is the image stabilisation setting in the camera. You can turn it on or off. Personally, Sony should have never released this stuttering issue when the image stabilisation is on. That was a great feature.

Overall disappointed in the camera and video quality even with the modded camera apk.

Kriomag

Nov 22, 2011
Poznań
Disable stabilisator and videos will be smooth again

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

no no no... i tried that, also my brother tried that with his neo v after update to ics.. still very glitchy and laggy videos! i think sony want us to buy new phones so they made ics to work so slow that you want to throw your phone in to the wall.... :( but im not so naive, i just flashed back to GB (.69) and i have again the fastest phone (with smooth videos without lag!) :D

todditedude

Dec 29, 2011
Scunthorpe
Very disappointed with the ICS release from Sony. How the hell can they expect us to put up with rubbishy camera and videos after they were excellent in 2.3.4

I really had high expectations for ICS, but after just 24 hours I rooted my arc S just to try a custom rom and pray for something slightly better. Hopefully things can only can better.

As we the paying public, should demand to Sony, "Sort it out Guv, or we'll have your guts for garters". Its the least we can expect from them to sort out.

jtc42

Jan 2, 2007
Bath
I'm upset because since ICS the camera seems to have an addiction to really high ISO pictures. There's no way to manually change it either. Lots of noise compared to GB :(

Sent from my LT18i using XDA

harlz

Jul 20, 2010
Syd, Australia
Download camera_fv from the play store. Allows you to choose iso, long shutter speed and can shoot in png. File sizes are about 12mb and higher. It claims it's raw data. It does have better quality than the stock camera.

qsacage

Nov 30, 2011
Actuallly, I think video on highest resolution is a bit choppy even with anti-shake off. At least when you record over a minute.

Xperia-Ray

Jan 16, 2012
Download camera_fv from the play store. Allows you to choose iso, long shutter speed and can shoot in png. File sizes are about 12mb and higher. It claims it's raw data. It does have better quality than the stock camera.

I have played with this app, not rely good. The ISO settings not working for us because there is no support in the drivers.
The PNG format is the same quality as Jpeg and its already processed (strong noise redaction, low detail etc...) . And the long exposure is night_scene and short is sport scene.
For lower ISO use party scene. It's for indoor photos. And you can try my modded apk for better quality.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The camera performance is not good on my Arc. I'm hoping it's because I'm using Arc S software on my Arc but the ISO seems to be locked on crazy high.

Looking back at pictures taken on 2.3 seems to be most commonly between 80 and 160. On ICS it's defaulting to the region of 320 with the lowest I've managed to get it being 160 (and that was using night scenery mode) and sometimes going up to ISO-800 taking a normal picture indoors in descent lighting! Something dodgey is going on here.

Someone needs to somehow come up with a fix to sort out it's mental auto-ISO settings.
    Yeah, but I use normal mode and chose the stuff like macro on my own, that's impossible now :(

Sent from my LT18i using XDA Premium App

Me too:(,it sucks that they removed a good feature..why did they anyways:confused:?