[ROM] Jellytime Sosei 4.3

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
After the rather...disappointing way I departed and the resulting issues, I'm setting some things straight here and now.

1. No ETAs. Period. I don't want to see when will I fix or add anything.

2. No complaining. There's a line between reporting an issue and complaining. This line is crossed when it's reported more then once.

3. Requesting additions is fine, within reason. Keep it within reason, I'm not a real dev.

4. Using this ROM...this is where a lot of issues have come up, generally speaking, you can use this ROM as a base if you choose, however ASK ME FIRST. That's it! Everything could have been avoided if people had simply asked me before using my ROM and slapping their names on it then putting it out there. Please include some credit to waydownsouth, gh123man, randomblame and myself. For 4.3 Jellytime, randomblame in particular.

5. Hosting/mirroring. Please don't host or mirror this elsewhere, I will supply hosts for this ROM, I don't need more, and I prefer to keep track of how many users of a given build I have. Hosting elsewhere interferes with this. The only exception I can see is for our Russian/Ukrainian user community, my hosts may be slow there, or in other parts of the world. If you wish to host for another country, please let me know.

6. READ. For the love of all that is holy and great, READ the OPs, read at least the page before where your post will be. I will not answer questions already answered. If I respond, it may not be the nicest way I could do so. Please, save me, yourself, and everyone else the time and /facepalming and at least attempt to find the answer on your own. This is not limited to only this ROM, but anything you may wish to post about in this thread. Questions about CWM or TWRP don't belong here, but if they are valid questions that have something to do with this ROM, go ahead, after reading up on it.

7. Remaining on topic....well this one is loose. I prefer it to stay related only to this ROM, however I know things stray, and generally I'm OK with this, just try to keep it at least related to android. Or at least something related to something to do with on this planet.

Features:
Halo
PIE
Listview Animations (settings>display)
System Settings (CM)

Screenies:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-48-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-48-15.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 6,295
  • Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-48-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-48-44.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 6,397
  • Screenshot_2013-08-04-06-54-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-04-06-54-45.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 6,421
  • Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-47-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-47-38.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 5,625
  • Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-47-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-04-21-47-51.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 5,055
Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Builds
Jellybean 4.1
Build 1 | Mirror
Kuroikaze-Sosei RC1
Kuroikaze-Sosei II B3 Final

Jellybean 4.3
Jellytime 4.3 - AFH | Jellytime 4.3 - DH

Gapps 4.1
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Gapps 4.3
gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Change log 4.1
Build 1: Updated to 4.1.2 sources. Generally stock CM10. Everything works. I think.

RC1: Based on Black Bean AOSP sources now.

Sosei II B3 Final:

Seeder
AC!D audio
XLoud
Supercharged
Die Hard launcher
init.d memory tweaks
time killer killer mod
maximum overdrive mod
service preserver
transition animations

Final release.

Change log 4.3
Ported from Randomblame's Jellytime Build 7
Build 1: Unreleased, initial trials to get it running. Bootloops.
Build 2: Unreleased, boots, but runs badly, storage is broken, audio stutters
Build 3: Almost everything works now, fixed storage via init/ramdisk entries

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
Broken in 4.1
RC1 -
Auto Brightness
Hardware Rotation Lock Switch (use software settings, it's more flexible anyways)
GPS

Fixed -
HDMI audio should now work (again)
Switchable UI (tab or phab UIs now)

Bugs-
In tab ui the clock is messing it's rear texture on the homescreen, ie its not black there, its wallpaper instead. Doesn't interfere with anything, just a glitch.

Huge thanks to justjackyl for testing this out for me and reporting back on issues.

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
Broken in 4.3
Mic
?

Untested:
GPS
HDMI
Bluetooth
Dock

Bugs:
WiFi will not reconnect if it turns off, a reboot is needed. Turning off the always scanning option seems to help this.
Forcing GPU acceleration can help even out the framerate in some cases.

4.1 Instructions:
Root and unlock your device, if you haven't, visit the All things Iconia A100 link in my sig, and read up. Then read again. Then proceed with rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom recovery.

I'm not going to note each recovery's method of installation, hopefully by now you guys know what to do in your recovery of choice.

Download the ROM to external SD
Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. Get one for JB, you can try a 4.2 package, but is as yet unsupported.
Reboot into recovery using whatever method you like:
-Power off then power on holding volume -
-Power menu>reboot>recovery if your ROM supports this
-App from the Play store reboot recovery
Full nandroid backup
FULL WIPE
-Factory reset
-Wipe System
-Wipe Dalvik
-Wipe Cache
Flash ROM (install from zip)
Flash appropriate GApps zip
Reboot system
Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation
After the welcome setup wizard appears, let the tab sit for 10 minutes. Longer is fine.
Reboot tablet
Let sit 5 more minutes
Complete the setup wizard
Restore apps and whatever. Do not restore system apps and/or data
Restore user app data if you wish, but it may cause issues. If problems come up, factory reset and try again without restoring data.

Feel free to flash any kernel you want, but don't post about problems here until you use the kernel it came with first.

4.3 Instructions:
Root and unlock your device, if you haven't, visit the All things Iconia A100 link in my sig, and read up. Then read again. Then proceed with rooting, unlocking, and installing a custom recovery.

I'm not going to note each recovery's method of installation, hopefully by now you guys know what to do in your recovery of choice.

Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. 4.3 ONLY! Don't report anything if you use anything but the gapps I linked from my site.
Full nandroid backup
FULL WIPE Don't report ANYTHING if you did not flash 100% clean!
-Factory reset
-Wipe System
-Wipe Dalvik
-Wipe Cache
Reboot system
Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation. It may blank out for awhile on the first boot, just leave it be.
After the welcome setup wizard appears, let the tab sit for 10 minutes. Longer is fine.
Reboot tablet
Let sit 5 more minutes

I strongly recommend you download and install apps FRESH from the Play Store, and do NOT restore apps if possible. If you want, then go ahead...
Restore user app data if you wish, but it may cause issues. If problems come up, factory reset and try again without restoring data.

Do not report any issues if you:
Dirty flashed.
Restored anything with any app.
Don't use the supplied kernel.
Modified the ROM in any way prior to the issue coming up.
Did not read the entire post and noted what bugs are already known to exist.
Did not use the 4.3 GApps on my site which I linked right below the ROM download.
Can not report a bug issue without quoting Hawkeye because you skipped all of this.

waydownsouth
randomblame
gh123man
godmachine / linux society
justjackyl
das_webos_transformer / xbooow
Cyanogenmod
AOKP
Team Baked
The Team behind the AC!D audio engine
Plus more, I'm sure.

Last edited:

rockthegod

Sep 29, 2007
A big thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I got myself an A100 from ebay for 140 bucks just to toy with it and find its relevant thread on XDA to flash me some cm9 and what do I see. Working jb port completed already.. Imagine my shock !!!!! Hail *pio_masaki* .... you are the Man dude !!! :cowboy::angel: Any amount of compliments I make is just insufficient to praise the amount of hard work and time you put behind this. :good::good::good::good: Just flashed v5-2 already and its "butter" smooth operation from then.. :D Wait till I show this to my friends... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: pio_masaki

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
So I got myself an A100 from ebay for 140 bucks just to toy with it and find its relevant thread on XDA to flash me some cm9 and what do I see. Working jb port completed already.. Imagine my shock !!!!! Hail *pio_masaki* .... you are the Man dude !!! :cowboy::angel: Any amount of compliments I make is just insufficient to praise the amount of hard work and time you put behind this. :good::good::good::good: Just flashed v5-2 already and its "butter" smooth operation from then.. :D Wait till I show this to my friends... :D

Thanks, and welcome to our little corner of XDA! Hope your new tablet is as good as mine has been to me :D

But really guys, randomblame did the hard work on this. I just got it running on the A100.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Pio, I know the feeling on the time spent on these things and friction with the wife. Use lube, Red Wine is what I suggest, good for the heart. ;)

Jk buddy, thanks for all your work and time. Family first. We understand.

Thanks for the understanding.

Also....new version with WiFi and some sound is up. Root seems to work to a point but I'll say its broken for now.

tapatalked from my A100 - Jellytime V7.7

xitrumch

May 10, 2008
Pio_masaki,I have been a silent observer of your threads for quite a while, and I have to say that I have never seen such a nice person as you. Maybe there're other developer in XDA that has a better skill than you (just maybe, haha, please don't be offended =p), but regarding personality and character, I think no one can match you. You really deserve the best person award. Thanks for all the work that you have done to the community =)

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Pio_masaki,I have been a silent observer of your threads for quite a while, and I have to say that I have never seen such a nice person as you. Maybe there're other developer in XDA that has a better skill than you (just maybe, haha, please don't be offended =p), but regarding personality and character, I think no one can match you. You really deserve the best person award. Thanks for all the work that you have done to the community =)

Thank you for the kind words, and no I'm not offended, there are certainly much better developers for sure, as I don't really consider myself a developer anyways. Most of this work has been done by randomblame and waydownsouth I just move it over for us on the A100, which isn't always easy I'll admit.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Version 7.8 is now available

Change log:

Root is now working as it should.
Open Super SU
Let it "install" binary (its already there)
Enjoy

External SD is now RW:
Fixed a permission issue in platform.xml to allow full read/write to external_sd.

Brightness control now works:
Auto brightness doesn't seem to work, manual brightness works. This was actually fixed in a previous release, and broke again, and is now working again.

Sound:
Sound works in some apps, but system sound is still broken, ie notifications, music, but some apps/games work, like angry birds now has audio.

Bluetooth:
Bluetooth has been proven fixed by a pairing, testing done by ntan97.

Still Broken:
Gallery/camera
Internal SD doesn't mount
Power LED is erratic, sometimes always on, sometimes always off
Home to wake: works when power led is ON, doesn't work while it is OFF
Video playback is still broken. Tested on stock player, dice player, mp4 and avi.

I'll be redoing the posts to be a little less confusing by moving things to change logs like this.

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wow man. I'm surprised on how much progress you're making on this. It's quite a feat. You can say all you want about how you're just compiling what others have made to the A100, but it takes a good person to continue a project for such a small community like this (even after you said you were going to slow down? I haven't seen you slow down at all) and it's still not just that simple.
You're probably one of the most helpful people here since crossix. Thanks for you're work :thumbup:

Hopefully when I receive a new PC in a couple weeks I could start making the first complete A100 theme for this ROM. To my knowledge there really hasn't been a whole lot of action in the themeing department here.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Wow man. I'm surprised on how much progress you're making on this. It's quite a feat. You can say all you want about how you're just compiling what others have made to the A100, but it takes a good person to continue a project for such a small community like this (even after you said you were going to slow down? I haven't seen you slow down at all) and it's still not just that simple.
You're probably one of the most helpful people here since crossix. Thanks for you're work :thumbup:

Hopefully when I receive a new PC in a couple weeks I could start making the first complete A100 theme for this ROM. To my knowledge there really hasn't been a whole lot of action in the themeing department here.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah....I keep saying ill slow down.....then I get a new idea or theory and go back until I get it right lol

Theme wise stetsonaw has a complete theme that works for us, but of course more is always better, I'm partial to black and red myself.

And PC...yeah don't get me started on that. My fastest machine takes 3 hours to build. That's like 2 hours of prepping 3 hours to build just to test. Unless its something I can do after compiling. That's the version number, first is build second is changes within that build after its built. So current is build 7 change 8, so figure 3 hours per build, plus whatever time of work before the build, plus whatever hour so per change after... plus the builds I didn't even number lol.

All said and done I have at least 21 hours invested in builds. Probably another 15 in smaller revisions, plus the 9 hours getting the initial port worked out. Over...maybe 2 or 3 weeks. Plus the nightly cm9 builds. And a few hours for the scripts, few more for aoikaze, and more on kuroikaze which I'll likely never finish and release. Oh and the guides lol.

It adds up quick. This is just since May...I think closer to June when I started all of this.

Edit: Just realized I have over 99 hours in the nightly cm9 builds, not counting setting up for it and uploading time lol

tapatalked from my A100 - Jellytime V7.9

Last edited:

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I just flashed and have noticed one thing (I apologize if already stated just haven't seen)
But it looks like just a density issue. Fonts are just small at times. The stock launcher seems a little weird and when in landscape the notification bar is far on the left.

I tried my best to take a photo.
And just a question. Are their specific 4.1 gapps or are the ICS ones the same?

You can follow me on Twitter - @NotSo1nter3stin

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342292679108.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342292679108.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 823

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I just flashed and have noticed one thing (I apologize if already stated just haven't seen)
But it looks like just a density issue. Fonts are just small at times. The stock launcher seems a little weird and when in landscape the notification bar is far on the left.

I tried my best to take a photo.
And just a question. Are their specific 4.1 gapps or are the ICS ones the same?

You can follow me on Twitter - @NotSo1nter3stin

Yeah not a bug, that's the new 7" UI jellybean uses. Not sure why they killed the combined bar and chose a phone UI though. That's how the N7 will look too.

Oh edit there is a jb gapps but they're kinda broken, so flash them, ten icss gapps over it and itll work, that's how I do it. I'll add them into the OP sometime today, niece and nephew are staying with us for a few days so I'll be busy being the coolest uncle ever with all my modded consoles, devices and toys lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Deshabilitado

nickownzya

Aug 20, 2010
Yeah....I keep saying ill slow down.....then I get a new idea or theory and go back until I get it right lol

Theme wise stetsonaw has a complete theme that works for us, but of course more is always better, I'm partial to black and red myself.

And PC...yeah don't get me started on that. My fastest machine takes 3 hours to build. That's like 2 hours of prepping 3 hours to build just to test. Unless its something I can do after compiling. That's the version number, first is build second is changes within that build after its built. So current is build 7 change 8, so figure 3 hours per build, plus whatever time of work before the build, plus whatever hour so per change after... plus the builds I didn't even number lol.

All said and done I have at least 21 hours invested in builds. Probably another 15 in smaller revisions, plus the 9 hours getting the initial port worked out. Over...maybe 2 or 3 weeks. Plus the nightly cm9 builds. And a few hours for the scripts, few more for aoikaze, and more on kuroikaze which I'll likely never finish and release. Oh and the guides lol.

It adds up quick. This is just since May...I think closer to June when I started all of this.

Edit: Just realized I have over 99 hours in the nightly cm9 builds, not counting setting up for it and uploading time lol

Bit off topic... but woah, thanks man. Just donated 5€:)

Reactions: pio_masaki

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After the rather...disappointing way I departed and the resulting issues, I'm setting some things straight here and now.

1. No ETAs. Period. I don't want to see when will I fix or add anything.

2. No complaining. There's a line between reporting an issue and complaining. This line is crossed when it's reported more then once.

3. Requesting additions is fine, within reason. Keep it within reason, I'm not a real dev.

4. Using this ROM...this is where a lot of issues have come up, generally speaking, you can use this ROM as a base if you choose, however ASK ME FIRST. That's it! Everything could have been avoided if people had simply asked me before using my ROM and slapping their names on it then putting it out there. Please include some credit to waydownsouth, gh123man, randomblame and myself. For 4.3 Jellytime, randomblame in particular.

5. Hosting/mirroring. Please don't host or mirror this elsewhere, I will supply hosts for this ROM, I don't need more, and I prefer to keep track of how many users of a given build I have. Hosting elsewhere interferes with this. The only exception I can see is for our Russian/Ukrainian user community, my hosts may be slow there, or in other parts of the world. If you wish to host for another country, please let me know.

6. READ. For the love of all that is holy and great, READ the OPs, read at least the page before where your post will be. I will not answer questions already answered. If I respond, it may not be the nicest way I could do so. Please, save me, yourself, and everyone else the time and /facepalming and at least attempt to find the answer on your own. This is not limited to only this ROM, but anything you may wish to post about in this thread. Questions about CWM or TWRP don't belong here, but if they are valid questions that have something to do with this ROM, go ahead, after reading up on it.

7. Remaining on topic....well this one is loose. I prefer it to stay related only to this ROM, however I know things stray, and generally I'm OK with this, just try to keep it at least related to android. Or at least something related to something to do with on this planet.

Features:
    Halo
    PIE
    Listview Animations (settings>display)
    System Settings (CM)

Screenies:
    Builds
    Jellybean 4.1
    Build 1 | Mirror
    Kuroikaze-Sosei RC1
    Kuroikaze-Sosei II B3 Final

Jellybean 4.3
    Jellytime 4.3 - AFH | Jellytime 4.3 - DH

Gapps 4.1
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Gapps 4.3
    gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

Change log 4.1
    Build 1: Updated to 4.1.2 sources. Generally stock CM10. Everything works. I think.

RC1: Based on Black Bean AOSP sources now.

Sosei II B3 Final:

Seeder
    AC!D audio
    XLoud
    Supercharged
    Die Hard launcher
    init.d memory tweaks
    time killer killer mod
    maximum overdrive mod
    service preserver
    transition animations

Final release.

Change log 4.3
    Ported from Randomblame's Jellytime Build 7
    Build 1: Unreleased, initial trials to get it running. Bootloops.
    Build 2: Unreleased, boots, but runs badly, storage is broken, audio stutters
    Build 3: Almost everything works now, fixed storage via init/ramdisk entries

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
    Broken in 4.1
    RC1 -
    Auto Brightness
    Hardware Rotation Lock Switch (use software settings, it's more flexible anyways)
    GPS

Fixed -
    HDMI audio should now work (again)
    Switchable UI (tab or phab UIs now)

Bugs-
    In tab ui the clock is messing it's rear texture on the homescreen, ie its not black there, its wallpaper instead. Doesn't interfere with anything, just a glitch.

Huge thanks to justjackyl for testing this out for me and reporting back on issues.

FULL WIPE NO MATTER WHAT
    Broken in 4.3
    Mic
    ?

Untested:
    GPS
    HDMI
    Bluetooth
    Dock

Bugs:
    WiFi will not reconnect if it turns off, a reboot is needed. Turning off the always scanning option seems to help this.
    Forcing GPU acceleration can help even out the framerate in some cases.

4.1 Instructions:

Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. Get one for JB, you can try a 4.2 package, but is as yet unsupported.
    Full nandroid backup
    FULL WIPE
    -Factory reset
    -Wipe System
    -Wipe Dalvik
    -Wipe Cache
    Reboot system
    Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation
    Reboot tablet
    Let sit 5 more minutes

Feel free to flash any kernel you want, but don't post about problems here until you use the kernel it came with first.

4.3 Instructions:

Download a current GApps package to your external SD card. 4.3 ONLY! Don't report anything if you use anything but the gapps I linked from my site.
    Full nandroid backup
    FULL WIPE Don't report ANYTHING if you did not flash 100% clean!
    -Factory reset
    -Wipe System
    -Wipe Dalvik
    -Wipe Cache
    Reboot system
    Let system boot, allow up to 10 minutes for the GUI to come up from the boot animation. It may blank out for awhile on the first boot, just leave it be.
    Reboot tablet
    Let sit 5 more minutes

I strongly recommend you download and install apps FRESH from the Play Store, and do NOT restore apps if possible. If you want, then go ahead...

Do not report any issues if you:
    Dirty flashed.
    Restored anything with any app.
    Don't use the supplied kernel.
    Modified the ROM in any way prior to the issue coming up.
    Did not read the entire post and noted what bugs are already known to exist.
    Did not use the 4.3 GApps on my site which I linked right below the ROM download.
    Can not report a bug issue without quoting Hawkeye because you skipped all of this.

waydownsouth
    randomblame
    gh123man
    godmachine / linux society
    justjackyl
    das_webos_transformer / xbooow
    Cyanogenmod
    AOKP
    Team Baked
    The Team behind the AC!D audio engine
    Plus more, I'm sure.
    RC1 is up

Ok guys go grab Kuroikaze-Sosei RC1

Notes:
    Based in Black Bean AOSP Source now, Jellytime was always an AOSP rom except for the last one, that was CM10 and was more of a holder until I worked this one out.

This is still of course built from source for our devices (I don't port stuff :victory:) and should offer enough options and customizations to keep you guys happy for awhile.

Highlights:

Uses Black Bean sources now, which itself has AOKP and CM10 and I'm sure other sources, its a little bit of everything.

CM9 kernel as usual for its proven reliability and stability. Works with GM's kernels as usual.

HDMI Audio should now be working

Switchable UIs

Fast as hell and slicker then...yeah. Should work with any JB Gapps.

Check the second post for more info on the changes.
    Not secretly, no, I had setup the laptop to work on cm10 a bit and just built a couple new cm10s for you guys. Updating black bean too so this one may also get updated soon.

Sent from my HTC DNA
    Updated OP.

Tapatalked from my Nexus 7 - Kuroikaze AOSP