[12-4-12][ROM] CM10 for the evoLTE! - butta!

Search This thread

bntran02

Jul 1, 2012
Am I correct to say that deck's build is CM10 with several tweaks/mods? Meaning if I flash a nightly directly from get.cm then I would lose deck's tweaks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

bender_123

May 7, 2010
Weston WI
I doubt it. Deck usually only puts milestones up on xda, so the goo manager is actually the official nightlies. If you are impatient the irc usually has them a little earlier.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

shakuyi

Apr 3, 2007
encino
Has anyone noticed that party mode doesn't work in Google+ on this ROM? It uploads my photos to instant upload but not to the actual event. I also noticed that my previous events are no longer listed in the gallery. Party mode pictures used to have their own folders in the gallery.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

94tbird

Jun 19, 2007
I did. 2x cache, 2x dalvik, 2x factory, 5x superwipe before I flashed. Pretty sure that's not the case.

then redownload cause you have a bad flash

Guys everyone who reports problems seriously needs to say what versiopn of the rom they are on, be it the CM Nightlies and the date, or Decks IRC builds and the date cause they are not the same. Decks are more advanced than the CM nightlies for the moment.

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
I used it on Friday at Rite Aid no problem. Btw I'm using the builds from IRC not the ones from cm's Page.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
so your saying straight dl from the market it worked for you?
i havre mine working on 9/02 but i had to use the modified one.

btw on 09/02 i havent had any issues. im actually getting less phone fc's on startup as well. its running beautifully.

Last edited:

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010

Guys everyone who reports problems seriously needs to say what versiopn of the rom they are on, be it the CM Nightlies and the date, or Decks IRC builds and the date cause they are not the same. Decks are more advanced than the CM nightlies for the moment.

MD5 checks out. Both the download and on the SDcard and the internal memory. I am on the 8/31 build in the OP. I did a new download (MD5 checks out) and a reflash using the same method as before. Still have the same issues as before. It might jest be a fluke with my phone. Not new to this. I am merely stating what I have noticed to see if Deck/CM team can find a fix and to see if other people test and see if its everyone or just me.

Plus, IDK if my sig has updated for you but I updated it with all my info.

Unreasnbl

Jul 8, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
The link in the op is not the most recent. Get the newer one from IRC.

On tapatalk we don't see sigs.
MD5 checks out. Both the download and on the SDcard and the internal memory. I am on the 8/31 build in the OP. I did a new download (MD5 checks out) and a reflash using the same method as before. Still have the same issues as before. It might jest be a fluke with my phone. Not new to this. I am merely stating what I have noticed to see if Deck/CM team can find a fix and to see if other people test and see if its everyone or just me.

Plus, IDK if my sig has updated for you but I updated it with all my info.

Last edited:

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
where can i get the 9/1 and 9/2 nightlyz???

I'm confused, why are you grabbing the outdated build?

I doubt it. Deck usually only puts milestones up on xda, so the goo manager is actually the official nightlies. If you are impatient the irc usually has them a little earlier.

Toasted Deck is current, Experimental Nightlies ARE OLD and not only old but incomplete.

Better yet, GUYS IF YOU DON'T USE THE LATEST BUILD (found on IRC or OP of this thread), DON'T REPORT ANY PROBLEMS IN THIS THREAD.

Seriously folks, it's not rocket science, the CM nightlies are not what you want to be running. Deck and Toast are our CM Supports and will surely let us know when we can rely on CM nightlies to be the latest greatest. For now, for sure you shouldn't be using the experimental nightlies unless you like stale roms and finding old bugs. ;)

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA premium

Reactions: NaterTots

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Perhaps you should have read back a few pages as it wouldn't take long

Um, really? Perhaps YOU should read back a few pages. I clearly stated that I have read every single page of this thread and the CM9 thread that preceded it from day one on both threads. Just because you've read something, doesn't mean you understand it clearly.

Guys everyone who reports problems seriously needs to say what versiopn of the rom they are on, be it the CM Nightlies and the date, or Decks IRC builds and the date cause they are not the same. ***** Decks are more advanced than the CM nightlies for the moment.*****

So you're saying the the IRC build, (which is dated 8/31), is more advanced than the get.cm 9/2 build :confused: ?
Or ist the IRC build/8/31 just 'labeled' 8/31 but actually newer? Sorry, this situation just has me totally confused.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
So you're saying the the IRC build, (which is dated 8/31), is more advanced than the get.cm 9/2 build :confused: ?
Or ist the IRC build/8/31 just 'labeled' 8/31 but actually newer? Sorry, this situation just has me totally confused.

The code found in the CM Experimental Nightlies is not as up to date as the IRC nor OP builds. It may have been compiled (by a buildbot that builds and posts every day whether changes are made to the code or not) on 9/2 but it's old code, it predates the IRC and OP builds.

No need to be confused, just don't use the nightly, use the build from IRC (which is the very latest) or the OP if you can't get IRC figured out. The build in the OP is 3hr older than that of the IRC.

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA premium

iknowsquat

Nov 10, 2008
Tampa

Let me try again my friend.
The IRC build of the UNOFFICIAL CM10 is a toast/deck build. They are releasing it to us as well as passing their work on to the CM team.
They release it here in the OP and on IRC. The IRC is more advanced than the OP. (I don't know why)

The CM team is releasing OFFICIAL nightlies on get.cm. Toast and decks work is in there but obviously the CM team does their own thing at their own pace.

As mrrogers said-this thread is for the UNOFFICIAL builds of CM10. All posts and questions should really pertain to those builds and not the OFFICIAL CM10 nightlies.

I'd happily stand corrected if I've said something incorrect.
Hope that helps.

Edit: mrrogers types faster than I do :)

Last edited:

TW1L1GHT_K1N6

Jan 21, 2012
Saint Louis
:cool: I don't even remember what this phone is like on stock anymore.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

That is so funny cause I can't either....even though this is only the second ROM/Theme/UI on my one and only phone developed for the LTE network. But I find that if I don't remember stuff its because I found something better to replace the memory of.

Sent from what I can't believe is my EVO LTE

clipcarl

Nov 20, 2009
Proximity Sensor Fix!

Finally, an almost perfect CM10 for the EVO 4G LTE! Thank you kushdeck and toastcfh! You guys are awesome.

However, it's a little hard to use sometimes because of the proximity sensor issue. So I have created a small zip fix for it. Flash this zip in recovery and the proximity sensor will work correctly.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• cm_proximity_fix.zip
    142.4 KB · Views: 218

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
The link in the op is not the most recent. Get the newer one from IRC.

On tapatalk we don't see sigs.

I don't know if your on tapatalk or on a computer. Usually the only way to tell is the line below the post like this one does.
As for the age of the builds, they are only 3 hours apart. Plus, I thought they were the same builds. Would make sense to me.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity!

buzzwyzr

Jul 26, 2010
Woodland
Finally, an almost perfect CM10 for the EVO 4G LTE! Thank you kushdeck and toastcfh! You guys are awesome.

However, it's a little hard to use sometimes because of the proximity sensor issue. So I have created a small zip fix for it. Flash this zip in recovery and the proximity sensor will work correctly. You do not need to wipe anything or reinstall CM. just flash this any time after you have CM installed.

Enjoy!

What does this do? I know its a "fix" but how so? I'm not knocking you...I'm just very curious.

Unreasnbl

Jul 8, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
It doesn't matter what client I use. I also have signatures turned off on my PC. My point was that not everyone sees the sigs. If you put necessary info in you SIG it may not be seen. Also, when a member reads this in a few days your sig may be different and confusing.

As I recall, deck said in IRC that the first 8-31 was broken so hey made a second fixed one. He never came back here and updated the link.
I don't know if your on tapatalk or on a computer. Usually the only way to tell is the line below the post like this one does.
As for the age of the builds, they are only 3 hours apart. Plus, I thought they were the same builds. Would make sense to me.

Sent from my Transformer Infinity!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

These builds will always have some fixes not currently in the nightlies when released. Once fixes are confirmed, they will be merged into the main repos.

Updated:
    Fixed eHRPD
    Fixed Mic volume in video recording.
    Fixed Mic in Gnow and other associated apps.
    Check gerrit and Github.

Not Working:
    mhl / hdmi output.
    1080p vid recording temp. use 720p :p

Please do not flash if you dont know what you are doing or atleast until OP is redone with proper instructions and whatnot.

*Note*
    calm down and relax.

Download:
    http://d-h.st/B9z

Gapps:
    http://tinyw.in/6Hrz

Nightlies:
    http://get.cm

all source is on cyanogenmod's github for the device tree and kernel.

follow me on twitter @kushdeck for the latest and most up to date progress.
    -deck

Donations are VERY much appreciated.
    deck
    toastcfh

irc.freenode.net
    #htc-evo-4g-lte | #htc-evo-3d | #dev-host

Please show your support and click thanks below on 2nd post as well. toastcfh is teh man!
    awesome stuffs
    updated OP~

-deck
    updated OP. Please make sure u read it to understand why these builds are being placed here as well as get.cm nightlies.

-deck
    you dont need to update radios, you all are noobs, what happened to the hardcore people i use to know. They want you to update the radio, on your device so you get a weaker signal, because everyone updates then if you stay on the old radio, noone is on it and your speeds are super fast, so dont update the radio, thats stupid

This guy's goin' places...