[TESTED 100% WORKING] Quickest way to get MR2 for those of you who can't get it!

Search This thread

marko07

Jun 3, 2008
Hi, I just got my x2 and I don't know how to check if it is mr1 or mr2 update installed... How to check that? :D

Tnx

arnoldyam

Aug 14, 2010
May I know how to use this file?
" X2 GENERIC_UK R3AA035 CDF1231-4909 R22A "
Is this the must to put inside the phone?

NoXsTeR

Sep 28, 2009
KL
generic_sg vs generic_uk

guyz..

juz updated my x2 to mr2 and it says i got generic_sg..

juz curious bout all the fuzz gettin' from sg rom to uk rom..

anyone mind to share the advantage of uk rom over sg rom?

cheers

Leovinus87

Nov 4, 2010
Could someone clear a detail or two up for me? the .software file I take it is supposed to go into the SEUS folder at C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db? or is it supposed to go onto the phones memory-stick? Where do you put it? what is it used for? What's the deal with this file? It's probably in this thread somewhere, and I've read all of it and I just can't understand this basic thing.

Another thing, does anything in this file name "X2 GENERIC_UK R3AA035 CDF1231-4909 R22A" indicate a version that is more up to date then any other? My phone was updated with the following "X2_1230-2397_GENERIC_SE_R3AA035_CDF1231-4911_R20A" which as you can see has different numbers and things in it. I get the GENERIC_UK and GENERIC_SE part of the name, but does the rest identify some software version?

Is the trick you guys are talking about in different threads with regards to language (I've counted three threads with this info in it thus far) an attempt to merge the most up to date .software with your own language .cab?

Last question, will following the relatively similar install advice in this thread allow me to custom install cabs aside from language? Or is another step needed for that?

Thank you for your time and effort :)

Author

Sep 7, 2008
Koprivnica
Not work on my x2,Seus restored English Language.

After trying a few I have now this:
Software ID 1230-2800
Software verion R3AA035
Customization ID 1231-7569 Customization ID 1231-7569
Customization Version R13A
Language region Generic_DE
Contect version PA2 Contect version PA2
Software Language English (United States)
Radio Sw version 6.5.6028
Prior to this conversion was English_UK Language
So I still have any German in the Se X2
Help,What should I do?

Why install this: APP-SW_VULCAN_GENERIC_DE_1230-2800_SIGNED_R1AA097
And this :X2_1230-2800_GENERIC_DE_R3AA035_CDF1231-7569_R13A

Edit: working have German Language on my X2.
Thanx .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im going to try and change my generic_SG to generic_UK after hearing its better. Requesting the extracted files for easy of access for everyone to try to change their language roms.

So this is the steps Im going to try as SOON as somebody generous can upload the extracted UK cabs:

Complete R3A Generic_UK Cab pack : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35LZ05OO thanks to rx.

NOTE: BEFORE you do ANY of the steps below, make sure to DELETE C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db from my computer or you won't get MR2!

1) Do clean install of WM 6.5.2 using the soft-reset during SE customization bootscreen OR just simply clear phone memory located in settings -> system -> clear phone memory.

Detailed steps:

1º Open SEUS, start a new update. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU HAVE LATEST VERS, UPDATE IT ANYWAY.

2º ONCE IT REBOOTS, CALIBRATION SCREEN APPEARS. RIGHT AFTER CLICKING ON THE CROSSES, IT WILL APPEAR THE SONY ERICSSON LOGO, AND IT WILL START APPLYING THE CABS. PUSH THE RESET RIGHT after it starts applying (hidden behind the stilus, opening the battery cover).

3º After rebooting, the Sony Logo will appear again asking to retry. Press NO.

Credits to dreamcrawler

4) Install ALL cabs to device, soft reset.
    5) Update on SEUS, it will say latest firmware already, say YES to install anyway
    6) Grats on Generic_UK and hello to MR2 =)

Comments: I AM NOW AN EXTREMELY PROUD OWNER OF THE X2 NOW! NO REGRETS, GOOD JOB SE, THIS IS THE WAY THE X2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED! =)