GT-9100T

Search This thread

deanobro

Mar 30, 2012
Okay basically im not sure this is the right section so i'll keep it breif.

I'm new to Rooting/Roming

got an samsung galaxy sII for xmas.

I want to root/rom. But it's a GT-i9100T , and i can't find anything about rooting them on the forums so if someone could throw me in the right direction or explain how its works i'd appreciate it.

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
I9100T is for all intents and purposes the same (hardware-wise) as the I9100. Many of the questions you probably are asking or want to ask have been asked before.

Google "site:xdaforums.com i9100t", and you will get a ton of posts, most of your questions will be answered in them.

Please keep in mind forum rule #1: search before posting.

Reactions: deanobro

deanobro

Mar 30, 2012
I9100T is for all intents and purposes the same (hardware-wise) as the I9100. Many of the questions you probably are asking or want to ask have been asked before.

Google "site:xdaforums.com i9100t", and you will get a ton of posts, most of your questions will be answered in them.

Sorry i didn't list one of my main things i searched the forums and everyone about the GT 9100 are all with vodaphone (ones in aus) and i'm with telstra im not sure if that changes things? just wish there was a sticky explaining all this haha.

deanobro

Mar 30, 2012
They use different kernels, but the procedure should be the same, just find the right kernel for your phone, and you can root it. I used this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125414 but CF-Root might be better since it has CWM which allows you to flash different ROMs. But that's if you want to flash ROMs :).

thanks for the heads up dude, i just went to that link, haha i remember why i gave up on rooting last time i could never find the right kernel im on i9100tdvkf4 can never find the damn thing

ctomgee

Dec 21, 2010
I know that it requires something about insecure and secure kernals to root haha, i know almost nothing else. But how come it only requires the kf4? and not the whole DVKF4? haha.

KF4 is the build, (I believe K is the year, F is the month, and 4 is the build number) the DV portion indicates where and for what carrier (if applicable). It's some wonky code Samsung came up with. I don't know the logic behind how they picked them though.

DVKF4 is for Telstra in Australia, from what I can tell.

Edit to add: forgot to say; carrier and location are unimportant when rooting, so that's why I said any insecure KF4 kernel should work for you.

Last edited:

deanobro

Mar 30, 2012
KF4 is the build, (I believe K is the year, F is the month, and 4 is the build number) the DV portion indicates where and for what carrier (if applicable). It's some wonky code Samsung came up with. I don't know the logic behind how they picked them though.

Edit to add: forgot to say; carrier and location are unimportant when rooting, so that's why I said any insecure KF4 kernel should work for you.

ahhhh okay, thanks for explaining that, Does using any KF4, affect what roms i could use later on at all? sorry for asking so many nooby questions.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yep. Everything you need to know is in the Stickies, CFRoot thread, the carrier branded firmware thread & the country specific/non branded firmware thread.

So far as flashing custom roms or kernels go, follow whatever instructions these particular roms or kernels have.

Those firmware threads I linked you to have tutorials that shows you how to use Odin which you can use to root your phone initially. You can also flash stock roms if you ever need to at some point in the future with it. Once your phone is rooted, most custom roms/kernels are flashed via CWM (or Mobile Odin).

Reactions: deanobro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know that it requires something about insecure and secure kernals to root haha, i know almost nothing else. But how come it only requires the kf4? and not the whole DVKF4? haha.

It should be the same, kernel version is important, I guess you could use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399
    They use different kernels, but the procedure should be the same, just find the right kernel for your phone, and you can root it. I used this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125414 but CF-Root might be better since it has CWM which allows you to flash different ROMs. But that's if you want to flash ROMs :).
    thanks for the heads up dude, i just went to that link, haha i remember why i gave up on rooting last time i could never find the right kernel im on i9100tdvkf4 can never find the damn thing

Any insecure KF4 kernel should do for rooting.