[Q] [Request] Help with Root, Unlock, S-OFF, and Tamper

Search This thread
Feb 10, 2014
This the only phone I've ever had a problem with, and I am asking for some help from the community.

I've got a Cricket HTC One SV. K2PLC_CL. Android 4.2.2, which should be Jellybean.

I just wanted to get root. I know there aren't any custom ROMs (what I wouldn't give to remove all the bloatware, though...)

I followed a few guides that I'm sure everyone's looked at. My bootloader IS unlocked. When I tried flashing a recovery (I have two or three to try, one's even labelled for Cricket. They're CWM, though), I was unable to boot into it to install Superuser. Since then, I've earned the "TAMPERED" flag.

Have I done something terribly wrong? Can someone please instruct me on how to get root, and to fix my recovery?
Since I somehow managed to fail, I would be extremely appreciative if someone would be so kind as to spell it out, or just give me step-by-step instructions.

Since booting into recovery, my phone freezes if I shut it down while it's plugged into the charger... Oddly enough.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2014
It's not your fault, it's because the new hboot, which came with 422 update!
Follow the link in my singnature, you will find there a working recovery and a SuperSu.zip for 422.

Ahh, thank you so much.

I'm looking right now, and unfortunately, I noticed the TWRP recovery isn't for my SV. Is there a K2PLC_CL around, or am I able to use one of those?

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2014
use superSU.......but yes

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone, my phone has now been rooted!

However, I'd like to use a couple of apps, and was promptly alerted that I need to obtain S-OFF. I've been looking at Rumrunner... Should I use it?

Plug phone in while it's charged on, USB debug is on, and let it do it's thing?

edit: I ran it, and it looked great... But at the end, it gave a line along the lines of.
[TTTTT*******] or something.

I booted into Hboot, it's still on.

Last edited:
M

Modding.MyMind

Thanks everyone, my phone has now been rooted!

However, I'd like to use a couple of apps, and was promptly alerted that I need to obtain S-OFF. I've been looking at Rumrunner... Should I use it?

Plug phone in while it's charged on, USB debug is on, and let it do it's thing?

edit: I ran it, and it looked great... But at the end, it gave a line along the lines of.
[TTTTT*******] or something.

I booted into Hboot, it's still on.

Make sure its the universal one, and insure you do not have any password set on your phone. Any kind of lockscreen security needs to be disabled. Basically, you need to be able to access your phone without the hassle of something preventing it. This stuff will disrupt the process.

palmtree5

Aug 26, 2012
Make sure its the universal one, and insure you do not have any password set on your phone. Any kind of lockscreen security needs to be disabled. Basically, you need to be able to access your phone without the hassle of something preventing it. This stuff will disrupt the process.

Also (I think) make sure the fast boot option in Settings > Power is unchecked

Reactions: old.splatterhand
Feb 10, 2014

Thank you for putting up with my ignorance thus far, guys.

However, I:

- Am running Universal Rumrunner.
- Have already un-checked the Fastboot option.
- Have no current lock on my phone. Security>Screen Lock>None
- Have USB debug enabled.
Edit: - Have HTC Sync removed.
- Have no firewall, granting access to sojo.
- Have granted superuser/root access to ADB.

In my previous post, I stated I ran Rumrunner. It was with the aforementioned settings.
I did make sure to do this before touching anything.

This is why I'm stumped.

Is there any information I can provide that might assist you guys?

Last edited:

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
Thank you for putting up with my ignorance thus far, guys.

However, I:

- Am running Universal Rumrunner.
- Have already un-checked the Fastboot option.
- Have no current lock on my phone. Security>Screen Lock>None
- Have USB debug enabled.
Edit: - Have HTC Sync removed.
- Have no firewall, granting access to sojo.
- Have granted superuser/root access to ADB.

In my previous post, I stated I ran Rumrunner. It was with the aforementioned settings.
I did make sure to do this before touching anything.

This is why I'm stumped.

Is there any information I can provide that might assist you guys?

use an unsecure kernel

Feb 10, 2014
use an unsecure kernel

I'll have to look for one.

However, I managed to get Rumrunner working properly.

What did I do?

... I re-downloaded the same universal version that I have. Then, I ran it.
I don't know what wasn't making it function properly in the first place, but it has this time.

My HTC One SV from Cricket is officially S-OFF.

Thank you very much for your help, and contributing to the education of my phone.

wytaske34

Jan 25, 2014
Hi I'm new here to kind of been into rooting my phones since I heard if it I've always figured it out on my own but the HTC sv im stumped I'd like to root and unlock who knows what from there but I've had this phone for a while can anyone help?

Sent from my C525c using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

And if anyone knows anything about LG optimous 9 I have one them never turned it on yet need a battery are they any better cause I like the HTC but I'd like to throw it as far as possible love the phone but needs to come unlocked

Feb 10, 2014
Hi I'm new here to kind of been into rooting my phones since I heard if it I've always figured it out on my own but the HTC sv im stumped I'd like to root and unlock who knows what from there but I've had this phone for a while can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

And if anyone knows anything about LG optimous 9 I have one them never turned it on yet need a battery are they any better cause I like the HTC but I'd like to throw it as far as possible love the phone but needs to come unlocked

HTC One SV:

First off, make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
www.htcdev.com/bootloader/

You do have to make an account. Please do so, and follow their instructions to the letter.

Second. Flash TWRP recovery, as seen: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292432 (This link is also in old.splatterhand's signature.)

Third, run Rumrunner Universal -- the latest version, and then you should be set.

As for the requirements -- you will see them as you seek these topics. Everything is literally on that XDA link I sent -- it's also in old.splatterhand's signature, again.

M

Modding.MyMind

You have a K2_CL. I see that in your comment signature. Make sure you DO NOT use anything that pertains to K2_PLC_CL, K2_UL, and/or K2_U! Their partitions are different and unless you know what you are doing you may bring about some serious issues down the road lol.

Ultimately, everything you need you can find in old.splatterhands index as already mentioned. The custom recovery must pertain to K2_CL or it will not work.

Step one: unlock bootloader

Step two: flash custom recovery

Step three: make a backup using custom recovery

Step four: flash a flashable.zip with supersu to gain root.

Step five: the rest is up to you based on your wants, needs, and desires. :)

If you are not sure of something, please ask!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HTC One SV:

First off, make sure your bootloader is unlocked.
    www.htcdev.com/bootloader/

You do have to make an account. Please do so, and follow their instructions to the letter.

Second. Flash TWRP recovery, as seen: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2292432 (This link is also in old.splatterhand's signature.)

Third, run Rumrunner Universal -- the latest version, and then you should be set.

As for the requirements -- you will see them as you seek these topics. Everything is literally on that XDA link I sent -- it's also in old.splatterhand's signature, again.
    It's not your fault, it's because the new hboot, which came with 422 update!
    Follow the link in my singnature, you will find there a working recovery and a SuperSu.zip for 422.
    Ahh, thank you so much.

I'm looking right now, and unfortunately, I noticed the TWRP recovery isn't for my SV. Is there a K2PLC_CL around, or am I able to use one of those?
    it still works for your device, go ahead and use it