[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

MusicMan374

Jun 25, 2010
Kirkland, WA
Okay, so I made a mistake installing this. I thought I was supercid, but that must've been before I replaced the phone under warranty. I flashed the firmware zip and it failed like half way through, then every time I retried it, it said wrong device. Also, instead of Revolutionary at the top, it says *** LOCKED ***, but it still says s-off, and after I reapplied superCID the firmware flashed just fine. Please tell me it's fine and I don't have to redo s-off?

Whenever I boot into recovery it seems to fail to mount /cache now too. Related or not?

telecon

Dec 17, 2009
I have an issue when using a pin security lock.

The delay lock setting had no effect.

Sent from my Sensation using xda premium

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Okay, so I made a mistake installing this. I thought I was supercid, but that must've been before I replaced the phone under warranty. I flashed the firmware zip and it failed like half way through, then every time I retried it, it said wrong device. Also, instead of Revolutionary at the top, it says *** LOCKED ***, but it still says s-off, and after I reapplied superCID the firmware flashed just fine. Please tell me it's fine and I don't have to redo s-off?

Whenever I boot into recovery it seems to fail to mount /cache now too. Related or not?

it is S-OFF, its a little bug with this fw, and you also lose fastboot commands. nothing serious, and wont impede flashing etc.

as for the failed to mount /cache, just run a FULL wipe before flashing, and it should be fine

kenixsis

Nov 15, 2010
hey rmk, is there any way to get the AOSP android music app apk (or update.zip) to remove/replace the google music one?

I dunno, I've been on version 1.4.0 for a while (the benefits of moving up to 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 didn't seem worth my time to update, no offense), and I have yet to update to the latest (v.2.0.1), so maybe everything is fixed, but I am having difficulties with Google Music + the stock lockscreen. I used to be able to switch songs at the lockscreen directly, which was awesome (prior to 1.4.0 and the removal of android music, replacing it with the google music version) - but since moving to 1.4.0 I have yet to see any of that working. The only thing music does to my lockscreen is turn the background black (I have no album art for any of my music). I can get to it from the notification bar at the top from the lockscreen, but it's just extra steps and can get to be annoying and/or difficult, especially in Canada here, with gloves on.

Hopefully 2.0.1 is better, but still, I can't use Google Music in Canada, and I kinda wanna stick with the stock android version.

I have this same problem.

However, if you have still have a zip file of a version prior to 1.4.0, you should be able to pull the old music apk out and then replace it on this version. I would download the old version and do it, but the download section of the virtuous site seems to be down. :(

Reactions: Mystik

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC

It's normal. You just can't perform advanced fastboot commands. You can still change your CID through adb, but I don't think you can flash a radio through it.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

whats the point of the firmware update? is that something common to all ICS roms?
Phone won't boot without new firmware.

sumasage

Aug 8, 2008
How come the dialer does not search for the contact when typing?

Also does anyone encounter cases where the phone randomly doesnt go to sleep/timeout (turn off the screen)? My battery drained this afternoon because the phone was on the whole time in my pocket :(

MusicMan374

Jun 25, 2010
Kirkland, WA
it is S-OFF, its a little bug with this fw, and you also lose fastboot commands. nothing serious, and wont impede flashing etc.

as for the failed to mount /cache, just run a FULL wipe before flashing, and it should be fine

I already flashed the rom, and it works fine, the /cache thing must've been temporary, it mounts fine in recovery after formatting it. It might have had something to do with running 4ext recovery before, and now being back on clockwork. Everything is running very smoothly, I'm surprised at how amazingly slick this rom is. Better than the gingerbread one I was running before even, and this is supposedly beta. The only thing I notice is the call screen is still sense, and every once and awhile I'll get a dialogue box or a menu that still looks like sense, but for the most part this is the best nonsense rom I have ever used.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Another thing, does anyone know how differently fonts work? I used an app like I've been using to install a custom font (not a huge fan of roboto) and it worked for most areas, but some apps or some parts of some apps, namely facebook, the keyboard, and a couple of other random places, still use roboto. I'm assuming ICS handles fonts just slightly differently and the app hasn't been updated to handle ICS fonts yet, but in the meantime, does anyone know where else I can look to change the fonts?

sshede

Dec 30, 2011
I've been running 2.0.1 for two days now - best rom period. Had an issue where the phone wouldn't be able to come out of sleep. After a reinstallation though, all is well.

Freshly_Snipes

Aug 3, 2011
Atlanta
This is un-freakin real. I've been on my phone all damn day... WTF??? Lol phone is nice and cool too. I think we've reached stability here.

187e9c84-b98f-af16.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

jazacoop

Dec 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is un-freakin real. I've been on my phone all damn day... WTF??? Lol phone is nice and cool too. I think we've reached stability here.

187e9c84-b98f-af16.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, were you using any battery saving Apps (such as Juice Defender) in order to get those results?

Also, was that with the stock battery or an Extended battery (such as Mugen or Anker)?

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
Out of curiosity, were you using any battery saving Apps (such as Juice Defender) in order to get those results?

Also, was that with the stock battery or an Extended battery (such as Mugen or Anker)?

for me, especially with this rom (all builds) i get an average of 1-2 days, no power saving apps, stock battery :)

3G is always on, auto brightness, no vibrate on touch, full animations, stock kernel

occasionally i will put in airplane mode when im at work, no reception :( and ill get just over 2 days!

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If you send me your splash1.img file that you want flashable, I'll put it in the PG58IMG.zip for you. Other wise, I just renamed the splash1.img to splash1.nb0 and dragged it into the zip, then deleted everything out of the zip except splash and the android.txt file, then just flash it like you did the firmware file.
Hey is there a way you can do this for me as well? I just want to put the black htc splash screen because i hate the bright white one too:( lol

jazacoop

Dec 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, I've been pretty unlucky with battery life. On stock ROM, I'd be lucky to get through the day with occasional use. Installed Juice Defender and that was a HUGE help! With that, I was left with 40% battery, provided I didn't use the phone much. Still pretty terrible, but comparatively speaking, was a big improvement.

Rooted and installed this ROM hoping to drastically improve my battery life. Day 1 with it revealed similar drain to stock ROM. Reinstalled Juice Defender and am testing now. Have noticed significant improvement. Battery is on 89% and its been off the charger almost 7 hours. I've barely touched it all day though.

Just purchased a Mugan 1950mAh battery and I'm hoping that with some proper calibration, I'll see similar performance to you guys (perhaps even improved if none of you are using Juice Defender).

Note: For all those with poor battery life, check out Juice Defender. It seriously works!

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
are you calibrating the battery properly when flashing a new build? even when updating? thats the key to the great battery life, amongst standard daily uses

i too recommend juice defender, app works better than advertised :p

Sym_Link

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando
Hey is there a way you can do this for me as well? I just want to put the black htc splash screen because i hate the bright white one too:( lol

Here you go. Black HTC boot splash screen.

Edit : Added one with an ICS Blue HTC lettering

Attachments

• PG58IMG.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 58
  • BlueHTCPG58IMG.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)