[ROM][FF18]EpicTouchAOSPICSmod[NOW ODEXed](UPDATED 6/30)

Search This thread
Nov 13, 2008
Have you reflashed the rom again at all? If so then you might need to redownload the rom. I've seen it many many times that a download looks complete but one bit is out of place and it messes it all up.

Flashed EL29 recovery, flashed CWM, Flashed AOSPICS, got force closes, redownloaded ASOPICS, re-flashed EL29 recovery, reflashed CWM, reflashed AOSPICS, same deal.

Voice search and camera are a complete no-go, Market will work for a few minutes when cache is cleared, but goes back to FC after a few minutes.

Last edited:

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
Flashed EL29 recovery, flashed CWM, Flashed AOSPICS, got force closes, redownloaded ASOPICS, re-flashed EL29 recovery, reflashed CWM, reflashed AOSPICS, same deal.

Voice search and camera are a complete no-go, Market will work for a few minutes when cache is cleared, but goes back to FC after a few minutes.

Did you do calks format all?

Camera is indeed fcing but none of my searches are facing.

I downloaded the camera ics from the market and it is working fine.

Nov 13, 2008
Not sure then. I am seeing a camera failure, but my market works fine, and I did a few voice searches VIA the magnifying glass in the lower right. Is that were you are doing the search from?

Both using the button and going to the app from the drawer. I get a black screen except for the top status bar, it will stay like that for awhile then it will say the application has stopped.

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
OK so no camera apk from other roms do not work but moving the camera ics from the market to replace the camera.apk in the from and it works fine. So now the lock screen camera link takes me to the camera pics app. All is good.

musikalharmony

Feb 1, 2011
Carebaretown
My contacts started fc again so back to ex dialer I kind of like it better anyway and they have an ics theme you think you can add that app into future updates?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

bhupinder408

Dec 6, 2010
Omg!! Can u say best rom ever!?!?!? Everything works great. I think I effed up my GPS with EVERY rom..even gingerbread... somehow it works on this perfectly! If I was gay I would totally....you know...haha. thanks so much for this!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

bhupinder408

Dec 6, 2010
OK so I still love this rom but my GPS stopped working! :( any help would be awesome!

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Sf just dripped fd05

Oh that's gross!!!

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

OK so I still love this rom but my GPS stopped working! :( any help would be awesome!

no prob with GPS here, but on a few other ICS roms I had it working perfect on the first run then after that it would never lock till a reboot.

I think this is another hit or miss issue on ICS roms and something they will hopefully fix.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Check out the battery on this rom after 3 days of letting it stabilize!!!!
This is the first time I have ever let my phone go overnight without charging it!! The only thing I have off is network location service, other then that my sync is left to it's own thing and amazon app store is even there running. It didn't show here, but music was on that list with and hour of play time!! Man if this is how ICS is now I can't wait till the final release!

screenshot2012040823085.png

screenshot2012040823084.png

screenshot2012040823083.png

Last edited:

musikalharmony

Feb 1, 2011
Carebaretown
OK this is getting frustrating all of a sudden this morning my dialer will pop up out of no where non stop in the middle of what I'm doing and it keeps doing it I rebooted and everything I don't want to have to go back to the last update cuz its such a hassle any ideas what to do? Anyone??

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
OK this is getting frustrating all of a sudden this morning my dialer will pop up out of no where non stop in the middle of what I'm doing and it keeps doing it I rebooted and everything I don't want to have to go back to the last update cuz its such a hassle any ideas what to do? Anyone??

I had to reinstall the rom twice now because the dialer stops working. I hit the dialer icon and get a blank screen with a blue line at the top then 30sec later it goes back to the homescreen with contacts have stopped. Clearing everything out of the contact, contact storage, dialer, dialer storage and no go. At that point I cleared delvik and cache and it went away, but then it came back so I redid the rom to see if it was a bad flash, and two days now and no issues, but it took two days for it to show up the first time.

Try clearing the delvik and cache.

kleen3r

Nov 8, 2009
I had to reinstall the rom twice now because the dialer stops working. I hit the dialer icon and get a blank screen with a blue line at the top then 30sec later it goes back to the homescreen with contacts have stopped. Clearing everything out of the contact, contact storage, dialer, dialer storage and no go. At that point I cleared delvik and cache and it went away, but then it came back so I redid the rom to see if it was a bad flash, and two days now and no issues, but it took two days for it to show up the first time.

Try clearing the delvik and cache.

There's an issue with the dialer if your dpi is set below 190. I had mine set at 180 and it would work fine for a couple days. Then it stopped working out of nowhere. I read that 190 is the magic number and ever since that no more dialer fcs.

Reactions: k-wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT AOSP!!! THIS IS BASED OFF THE STOCK 4.0.4 Leak ROM

EpicTouch AOSPmod ICS v3.9.2

UPDATED(6/30)
    *Added VoiceSearch.apk back in

UPDATED(6/29)
    Updated to FF18 base(Odexed)
    *Added Jellybean 4.1 wallpapers
    *Added Goggle Car Home app

WHATS INCLUDED
    *Based off Stock Deodexed FF18 4.0.4 ROM
    *Stock ICS Launcher
    *Includes agat63 FF18 kernel
    *Remove Touchwiz and TW related widgets(This ROM is pretty bare bones)
    *Apks are PNG optimized and are ZipAligned at boot
    *CRT Animation
    *Ad free host file included
    *Enabled the Google Setup Wizard. Now you setup your Google
    *AOSP Contacts.apk-->Contacts and Dialer (This is NOT a themed Samsung dialer, its the actual APK from CM9)(The in call screen is still Samsung)
    *AOSP News and Weather(Genie.apk)
    *AOSP Clock app
    *AOSP Calendar
    *AOSP Email
    *AOSP Browser
    *AOSP Calculator
    *AOSP Keyboard
    *AOSP Live Wallpapers
    *AOSP Gallery
    *AOSP Sounds, Notification, and Alarms
    *Goggle Car home app
    *Torch App
    *Google Play Music app
    *Removed Kies
    *Settings.apk and SystemUI.apk are themed to look more ICS(Thanks ssconconceptz and Overstew)
    *AOSP lockscreen mod(thanks dtm_stretch)

HOW TO INSTALL

1. You cannot flash this over the stock ROM or any other ROM. You must do a FULL WIPE. Calk's format all zip works great.

2. Clockwork is the preferred method of flashing this ROM. DO NOT flash this ROM through Rouge recovery. So you will need to flash a EL29 repacked kernel, wipe everything and then flash this ROM. Sorry but its like that with ICS leaks. Remember that you will lose the custom Recovery after flashing this ROM.

3. I haven't tried the repacked Rouge FC18 kernel on this. If you try it, YOU MUST BOOT INTO THE ROM FIRST AND THEN FLASH IT THROUGH ODIN.

4.PLEASE give the kernel time to set in before posting about battery life. Its like that with any kernel

5. This ROM has been really stable. If you have any issues please post the following info:
    a)Did you odin/flash the EL29 repacked to flash this ROM?
    b)Which kernel are you using?
    c)Have you used the Stock FC18 ROM and had the same problem?

Wifi Tether(set to Galaxy Nexus): http://android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com/files/wifi_tether_v3_1-beta11.apk

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-03.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-23-11.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-06-21-20.png
    device-2012-03-19-153149.png
    device-2012-03-19-153218.png
    device-2012-03-19-153248.png
    Rom has been updated to FD24 base
    Its odd. I haven't experienced the bugs. Everything is working well for me coming from FC07. I installed according to OP. However, while in FC07 I did decide to format sd cards (internal and external) which should not have done anything but reclaim some storage but with the gps techniques being shown to work, you never know...

I really would like to stay on this ROM, but FC18 is sounding very tempting.

I'm working on the update to FC18