[ROM]CM9 4.0.4 ICS Liberty[09.Jul.2012]

Search This thread

Aerials

Feb 9, 2012
I've been getting the SD Card Unexpectedly removed error on an off for some time now; but, since I installed the latest version of this ROM I can't get it to keep the card mounted. Anyone else having this problem, or know of a fix?

I don't have that issue you cited.

Is your SD card old?
Did you try using another card to see if this problem still persists?

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
I don't have another card to test it with. I'm thinking about reformatting it to see if it fixes the problem.

visceralpsyche

May 11, 2011
Amsterdam
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi Killerbeaver, I had this issue using several SD cards of varying sizes. I apparently fixed it by formatting the cards to use 4K blocks instead of larger sizes. This was with both 8GB and 16GB cards.

Could be a generic Android bug but anyway, try it and see if it fixes the issue for you.

HTH!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: KillerBeaver

AlbinoAsian

Nov 2, 2010
Thailand
With this new Rom, this is the best my phone has ever run. For the 10-20 things that are improved I can live without camera and videos, but saying that I don't doubt that you and winsuk will get them sorted at some point

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
Hi Killerbeaver, I had this issue using several SD cards of varying sizes. I apparently fixed it by formatting the cards to use 4K blocks instead of larger sizes. This was with both 8GB and 16GB cards.

Could be a generic Android bug but anyway, try it and see if it fixes the issue for you.

HTH!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I'll give it a shot and see if that fixes it. Thanks.

Edit: Seems to be working so far! Thanks again.

Last edited:

aster190

Jan 27, 2012
With this new Rom, this is the best my phone has ever run. For the 10-20 things that are improved I can live without camera and videos, but saying that I don't doubt that you and winsuk will get them sorted at some point

I agree! my phone has run great with these Roms! But at the same time, I used my phone mostly for watching videos, so I can't wait til they can fix that bug! :D

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010

I can't wait to flash this ROM. But it seems as though camera is just about a build away from being fixed, so I suppose I'll wait.

Having a camera is pretty important anyways. God forbid you get into an accident and need to take pics of the damage. I can deal without the HQ videos. Hardly watch videos at all on this phone.

Do you all use the same apps as you did when you were running gingerbread? (other than launcher...I'm planning on running apex or nova) or do you use the stock messaging/contacts/phone/browser apps? Or something completely new for ics?

AlbinoAsian

Nov 2, 2010
Thailand
I can't wait to flash this ROM. But it seems as though camera is just about a build away from being fixed, so I suppose I'll wait.

Having a camera is pretty important anyways. God forbid you get into an accident and need to take pics of the damage. I can deal without the HQ videos. Hardly watch videos at all on this phone.

Do you all use the same apps as you did when you were running gingerbread? (other than launcher...I'm planning on running apex or nova) or do you use the stock messaging/contacts/phone/browser apps? Or something completely new for ics?

Hey mate, good point with the camera.

As for the apps. On Cm7.2 I was using alot of GO apps (Launcher, SMS, Dialer) but with ICS I haven't installed a single app to replace the stock apps.
I'm tempted to try a non-stock music app though.
Other apps I've installed are Sygic Navigation, XDA, FreeSpace, S2E, File Explorer, gStrings, tunein

mikelebz

Aug 18, 2010
Hey mate, good point with the camera.

As for the apps. On Cm7.2 I was using alot of GO apps (Launcher, SMS, Dialer) but with ICS I haven't installed a single app to replace the stock apps.
I'm tempted to try a non-stock music app though.
Other apps I've installed are Sygic Navigation, XDA, FreeSpace, S2E, File Explorer, gStrings, tunein

Thanks for your input. I also currently use all go apps (launcher, contacts, dialer, sms) It's good to know that the stock apps in ICS are good!

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
I flashed the newest version and noticed that before I'd even set it up (fresh install) that the status bar clock had frozen. Does anyone know the cause of this? I reverted to the previous version where this wasn't a problem...

Sent from my HTC Intruder

AlbinoAsian

Nov 2, 2010
Thailand
I flashed the newest version and noticed that before I'd even set it up (fresh install) that the status bar clock had frozen. Does anyone know the cause of this? I reverted to the previous version where this wasn't a problem...

It was hanging for me on the previous version, but fine for me on the latest. I can't figure what the cause might be ...

Last edited:
Reactions: themacman1000

lsusparky621

Dec 30, 2010
Louisiana
Music stops..
I would use this EVERY day if I could play music on it.

I haven't experienced any problems with music playback. I have used the stock music app, Google Play Music, and UberMusic.

Really? I've never had that problem before. Also, I use the default player AND Player Pro to play music.
A bug of my own, I can't get the keyboard to lock Caps, anyone else? Or is it just me?

Haven't had trouble with this either. I have found that you have to double-tap the shift key faster in ICS than in GB in order to get it to caps lock, though.

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL

Try using an app from the market called notification restart. On a build of cm7.2 I had an issue with the status bar and it needed to be restarted.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
Thanks for the response.

I´ve tried just about every trick in the book including starting from scratch and NOT use any data from former ROM´s or Google accounts...

Hmm... Does it stop playing when the screen is on or shortly after you turn the screen off? Do you have any auto task killers? Perhaps you're running out of memory because of too many background apps? Just ideas...

Reactions: rooterdam

KillerBeaver

Oct 19, 2010
Strange issue. When I reboot my Google account info gets wiped. Did a clean install. Never had this problem before

Sent from my Liberty using XDA

rooterdam

Aug 18, 2011
Hmm... Does it stop playing when the screen is on or shortly after you turn the screen off? Do you have any auto task killers? Perhaps you're running out of memory because of too many background apps? Just ideas...

No autokiller.
Stops after a while after lock screen, but I get the message "musci stopped" right away.

It works out of the box without issues

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

Lucky you...;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry, I do not want to make confusion with two different roms (munjeni/Winsuk), currently Winsuk github source in comparation with my localy source is much different, also kernels is diferent, so I opened this thread from that reason! Will update this thread soon!

CM9 4.0.4 ICS Liberty (Ice Cream Sandwich)

This is a port of CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for Aria/Liberty based on WinSuk repo

Screenshoots:
    http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/340/screenshot2012040818074.png
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8750/screenshot2012040818081.png
    http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/491/screenshot2012040818083.png

Currently working and not working:

What works:
    • Auto-brightness
    • Bluetooth
    • Browser
    • Capticive buttons (with backlight)
    • DSPManager
    • Headphones/Headset (with buttons)
    • Keyboard
    • Market downloads
    • MMS
    • Notification light
    • Overclocking
    • Phone radio (calling, sms, data)
    • Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration, compass)
    • Sound & Mic
    • Superuser
    • Tethering (Bluetooth untested)
    • Touchscreen (with multitouch)
    • Trackball
    • USB Mass Storage Device
    • Vibration & Haptic feedback
    • Wifi
    • Gallery
    • Wifi sleep
    • Built-in data usage meter - full working now
    • Hardware acceleration (EGL)
    • Live wallpapers
    • Screenshots
    • Screen off/on animations
    • Wallpaper scrolling
    • wake by trackball
    • bootanimation - have right size now including cm9 logo
    • Wifi signal strength bar on status bar (wpa_supplicant_8)
    • GPS
    • Camera shoots and preview
    • Fast gps lock (qcom-librpc + new gps.conf)
    • Mobile networks choosing in Select Network

If something missing or not working please let me know!

What working but not good:
    • Camera panorama
    • Camcorder (can not stop recording)
    • HQ Videos... have frezes (we need hardware bassed decompresion instead of software bassed to get fully working videos)
    • FM radio have no audio

Google Apps for Ice Cream Sandwich:
    You need to find an stable gapps for your needs!
    But I use this and it's stable for me -> http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip :)

My Aria android git: https://gitorious.org/ics-on-htc-aria/master/commits/master
    My kernel git: http://gitorious.org/ics-cyanogenmod-2-6-35-kernel-msm7227-for-htc-aria/ics/commits/master

Download old cm9 rom - 07.Jun.2012.:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/R6uEJBP4/cm9_liberty-ota-engroot_07Jun2.html
    md5: C25F74D11F0C1E03BC72927ABCA8E686

Download new cm9 rom - 09.Jul.2012.:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/pUT_xRG1/cm9_liberty-ota-engroot_09Jul2.html
    md5: 269880B7DC6224E28325F273F91451E7

WARNING for new cm9 rom!
    Rom have scripts that will erase all nand partitions needed for clean install! Android folder and .android_secure folder will be deleted from sdcard allso, so backup your data if you have something inside!

First, big thanks to Qualcomm and their user space library that was needed for HW acceleration!!!
    Google - for both Android and their search engine, which are awesome
    CyanogenMod Team
    WinSuk
    s0be
    modpunk
    Everyone who has shared their working ICS source - It has helped a lot in fixing things
    Instruction/fixes/changelog is here:

10.Apr.2012:
    • Wifi signal icon is fixed

13.Apr.2012:
    • source totaly cleaned after some tests (pull reguest from Cyanodenmod cm9 repo + very small changes (like untached)), right key is in board_device_liberty :)
    • gps fixed (I'm not tested)
    • very fast and smooth response on everything
    • lightsensor fixed
    • libcamera.so is patched from msm7k to msm7x27 but not working (need to port old QualcommCameraHardware.cpp)

27.Apr.2012:
    • Camera preview and camera shoot is fixed, not stable but working good [credits to modpunk, WinSuk and all who shared their source]
    • Ics librpc for gps fixed [credits to modpunk]
    • kernel updated [there was problem with memory allocation, so camera not worked from that reason...]
    • a lot of framework changes/cleanups is fixed by Cyanogenmod team so... [all credits to him]
    • maybe I forgot something? :)
    • light sensor/backlight is fixed and tested, please read this:

• How to enable utomatic backligh:
      - go to settings/display/brightnress and set it to automatic
      - go to settings/display/automatic_backlight select use custom
      - go to settings/display/automatic_backlight/edit_other_levels and set 0,33,77,220,308,397,485,698,860,1023 seccond column 66,96,103,115,130,152,152,255,255,255 third column 255,255,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0, than save&apply
      - go to settings/display/automatic_backlight and select allow light decrease
      - go to settings/display/automatic_backlight/decrease_hysteresis and set it to 50%

Now its totaly automatic for me...​

28.Apr.2012:
    • rom is deodexed now!

03.May.2012:
    • New kernel with realigned Aria memory layout (heap size is increased for 8MB {adsp_size have 4MB more, gpu_size have 4MB more})... no more (sometimes but very less) force closes
    • New kernel modules (cifs, tun, nls_utf8, bcm4329.ko)... its needed for mounting network folders :)
    • New camera updates (Thanks WinSuk)
    • New memalloc and gralloc lib (disabled annoying "debug" log for memalloc... now its only "info" and "error")
    • Video still is not fixed (my wrong sorry... some HQ videos working but most of HQ videos not working :()... I think maybe reason is not good because googleOMX is msm7627 ?

10.May.2012:
    • New kernel with new allocators (not fully ported from kernel 3 "contiguous memory nomap" only part of it :()
    • Kernel, enabled SLOB, enabled KSM, enabled LZO compresion needed for zRam... and a lot of other... you can see all changes on my git!
    • New camera upstream updates + camera timer + updates from WinSuk git (Thanks WinSuk, s0be, cm team and all who working on camera)
    • A lot of fixes from upstream
    • No force closes (added some scripts to init.d like zram automout, zram auto free, free pagecache, free dentries and inodes, modules automount, gps permission...)... but in prevention of force closes, you need to free memory sometimes to get android stable(I use airdroid app and his great memory releaser) :)
    • Old librpc + new gps.conf (gps have fast lock now)
    • First config screen on first boot :)
    • Video still is not fixed
    • Camera recorder is not fixed
    You need to enable "kernel same page merging" in setting/performance. To get full working autobacklight you need to enable "allow lights decrease" in settings/display/automatic_backlight. You do not need to enable zram, it's enabled by default by script until compcache_enable is fixed android side, kernel side it's good. This build is more stable for me!

13.May.2012:
    • Logo for my kernel :)
    • Some tweaks for ram (you will have constantly 90mb amount of the free memory, so... less force closes or maybe no force closes:))
    • Camera recorder is fixed but... :( ((camcorder recording but no one cm9 rom for Aria have video encoding/decoding hardware bassed, its software bassed... 15 fps... we need hardware bassed compresion/decompresion to get fully working recorder and youtube videos)

07.Jun.2012:
    • Mobile networks choosing in Select Network
    • zRam full fixed, you can enable/disable/set_size from settings menu
    • A lot a lot a lot of Cyanogenmod upstream changes :)
    • kernel: Framebufer console during boot (Its for fun... if you not like it I will disable in next build)
    • kernel: VR IO scheduler
    • kernel: InteractiveX governor
    • kernel: deep sleep mode

09.Jul.2012:
    • All new Cyanogenmod upstream changes
    • kernel: Framebufer console during boot disabled
    • kernel: deep sleep mode (reverted back to like previous build)
    • some progress with FM radio (all is fixed and working but only have no audio :(... maybe some one have some programing skills to find what is wrong with audio? Or maybe to manually send command to kernel to get fm audio routing to headset?)
    Kernel improvements: deep sleep mode working now (7mA battery drain :eek:) -> http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1629/screenshot2012052019050.png ,new gsensor driver with support for android temperature sensor ;)...etc
    New build is out, enjoy