[DEV] Devlopment & Progress

Search This thread

dfgged

Nov 13, 2010
I'm gonna say that everyone should just be patient and let the devs work.

Sent from my space time Continuum using the XDA App.

logan302

Jul 13, 2009
Charleston, SC
kitchen?

Can I use an existing kitchen and the source code I downloaded from Samsung to make a stock ROM? I haven't done my own cooking before, but am willing to try.

trailblazer101

Dec 17, 2010
Pennsylvania
hmm..

I am just curious,
Is there anything that we can do that would attract the attention of more Developers?
This phone has such great untapped potential :)

CrazyKnight122

Jun 27, 2010
Im down to be a tester. I just got the phone today,i had a rooted eris and flashed different roms all the time.

So I deffenetly know how to work my way around the phone and recovery. Just let me know if you want me to test any thing.

Weudel

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 18, 2010
Im down to be a tester. I just got the phone today,i had a rooted eris and flashed different roms all the time.

So I deffenetly know how to work my way around the phone and recovery. Just let me know if you want me to test any thing.

Welcome to the barren wasteland.... kind of makes me wish I hadn't sent my Eris in for the trade-in money......

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN
So I'm changing my whole idea at this point I was originally jut going to try and see if the epic's clockwork would work on your device, or the fascinate's for that matter, but I think it would just be best if I ported clockworkmod 3.0 to your device and the fascinate. Clockworkmod 3.0 has a special file tha can be set to what kind of partition fs types you are looking to mount and converts those partitions if they aren't that type already, so essentially you could eliminate clockwork and a lagfix all at once, just all in one step. School starts back tomorrow, and I'm still working, so I'm just going to through out an eta of let's say Saturday at the latest? No date I give is ever final, just check out the epic forum. :p but it always gets done eventually. School comes first, phones later. Don't give up hope guys I'm sensing some really awesome things to come around here once we get the ball rolling, maybe I can raise enough money to get one of these myself of contract, since I'm with sprint.

Checklist:

Clockwork

Deodexed, zipaligned, prerooted stock rom

Lagfix

~ext4 support in the kernel

Overclock/undervolt kernels

Cyanogenmod 6.2.1

samuelhadams

Dec 14, 2010
So I'm changing my whole idea at this point I was originally jut going to try and see if the epic's clockwork would work on your device, or the fascinate's for that matter, but I think it would just be best if I ported clockworkmod 3.0 to your device and the fascinate. Clockworkmod 3.0 has a special file tha can be set to what kind of partition fs types you are looking to mount and converts those partitions if they aren't that type already, so essentially you could eliminate clockwork and a lagfix all at once, just all in one step. School starts back tomorrow, and I'm still working, so I'm just going to through out an eta of let's say Saturday at the latest? No date I give is ever final, just check out the epic forum. :p but it always gets done eventually. School comes first, phones later. Don't give up hope guys I'm sensing some really awesome things to come around here once we get the ball rolling, maybe I can raise enough money to get one of these myself of contract, since I'm with sprint.

Checklist:

Clockwork

Deodexed, zipaligned, prerooted stock rom

Lagfix

~ext4 support in the kernel

Overclock/undervolt kernels

Cyanogenmod 6.2.1

Thanks for all the hard work so far bubby. We all appreciate it tons! I mean that. :)

dfgged

Nov 13, 2010
HURRAY! Now all I have to do is occupy myself with things to do all week when I get home from school everyday... hmmm, I think it's time to get addicted to another computer game XD
PS Did I mention you're awesome bubby? Well you are.

Weudel

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 18, 2010
Just as an added note, the eris sucks you guys made a great choice buying this phone. :p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

I agree that this phone blows the doors off the Eris, but the dev and community support is second-to-none... Hell, they're only a couple of builds away from a fully functional Gingerbread port. I can't wait to see what this phone is going to be capable of on a stock Froyo or Gingerbread.

logan302

Jul 13, 2009
Charleston, SC
help

Bubby,
How can I help? I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, but have a good deal of flashing and coding experience. I have the stock binaries downloaded. Is there a kitchen available to cook a stock rom?

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I need someone to run the command in the op and follow those directions, I also a requesting people to meet in the ic to get info faster since I don't won't own the phone, until I get enough donations that is. (;

anotwell

Dec 9, 2008
Columbus
Here is the output for adb shell mount:

Code:
rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
/dev/block/stl6 /mnt/.lfs j4fs rw 0 0
tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/stl9 /system rfs ro,vfat,log_off,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /data rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl10 /dbdata rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /data/fota rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block/stl11 /cache rfs rw,nosuid,nodev,vfat,llw,check=no,gid/uid/rwx,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/block//vold/179:9 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0002,dmask=0002,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

or here:
http://www.multiupload.com/E7X74GTDNT

Weudel

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 18, 2010
Progress being made over on the IRC.... if we can just get our desktops straightened out....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool deal. Ill be really jumping into all of this tomorrow. I'm on winter break for 3 weeks so I got some time to kill. My first prioriaty is dumping everything, then I can dive into getting clockwork built, odin working, overclock/underclock kernels with ext2, lagfix, and some decent rom ports over here. (AOSP, Sense) Maybe even seeing about getting a team together for cyanogenmod on here.:)

Tonight will begin the birth of the #Samsung-Continuum modding community as we know it. Soon enough you guys will be flashing ROMs with Clockwork and be developing your own. It's only a matter of time, to unlesh the power of this raging beast we call the #Samsung-Continuum. ~bubby323

That's the current header on the IRC room.... Odin done, Clockwork at least mostly done, I believe Lagfixes were in the works when he had to go...
    hmmm... I managed to get the partition_table thing you wanted Bubby... Problem is..... it is omegggaaa small... :| So i am guessing that aint right..
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=partition_table bs=1 skip=446 count=64
    64+0 records in
    64+0 records out
    64 bytes transferred in 0.008 secs (8000 bytes/sec)
    Thanks to trailblazer101 we now have the needed partition_table for the voodoo port, and work can continue on clockwork. The only thing that is holding back the release of everything, are the strange video problems we are having with the kernel configs, and samsung's messed up source.