Splash Screen Emporium!! (Post and get your images here!) [OP updated 5/5/2011]

Search This thread

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
Thanks for this thread. Reading through it finally gave me the push to set up the SDK and start working with adb. Made this splash screen. Any San Jose Sharks fans are welcome to use it...

Attachments

• splash1.jpg
    splash1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 294
  • PD98IMG.zip
    750.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: TheShadowZero

cuddles11a

May 30, 2010
Charlotte
just curious but could someone do one for me? im new to this area im used to having verizon phones and rooting them and such lol. now i have att :)

thanks

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego

Here ya go...

DISCLAIMER: This is the first splash screen I've done for someone other than myself and my first offering here at xda. I flashed it on my own phone and it worked. However, I take no responsibility for any data loss or damage to phone resulting from a bad flash.

Attachments

• 42439.jpg
    42439.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 254
  • PD98IMG.zip
    750.4 KB · Views: 3

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Here ya go...

DISCLAIMER: This is the first splash screen I've done for someone other than myself and my first offering here at xda. I flashed it on my own phone and it worked. However, I take no responsibility for any data loss or damage to phone resulting from a bad flash.

My phone will not turn on!!!! Oh, wait a minute, I forgot to press the power button, lol. :p
The file looks correct. Nicely done. :)

Reactions: sharksfan7

cuddles11a

May 30, 2010
Charlotte
something like "Cuddles Inspire" with the android peein on the apple lol. something like that i wanna hook this phone up i had the og droid it rocked but the inspire is different lol. everyone i know in the development dept has verizon and they make fun cuz i have att hahaha. i love my phone tho :)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

or something with the android doin somethin to apple lol. but i want "Cuddles Inspire 4g" on it :) if u can if not its ok.

DynamiteRave

Sep 21, 2011
Charleston
So I just tried making my own splash screen and I used WinRar to add the splash1.img to the blank PD98IMG.zip. I rebooted into bootloader and flashed the zip and rebooted. Now instead of seeing my picture I just get a bunch of gray, white, and black lines. I searched if anyone's had this problem and I couldn't find anything. I flashed one of the screens from this thread and that worked fine. I'm thinking it's something with winrar (and yes it's a .zip not a .rar) What's a good program to make a .zip or could anyone tell me how to fix the problem I'm having at the moment.

EDIT: I just tried adding the splash1.img and the android-info.txt to an archive with a "store" in winrar and still didn't fix the problem.

Last edited:

dark_angelfighter17

Sep 24, 2010
Fayettenam
So I just tried making my own splash screen and I used WinRar to add the splash1.img to the blank PD98IMG.zip. I rebooted into bootloader and flashed the zip and rebooted. Now instead of seeing my picture I just get a bunch of gray, white, and black lines. I searched if anyone's had this problem and I couldn't find anything. I flashed one of the screens from this thread and that worked fine. I'm thinking it's something with winrar (and yes it's a .zip not a .rar) What's a good program to make a .zip or could anyone tell me how to fix the problem I'm having at the moment.

EDIT: I just tried adding the splash1.img and the android-info.txt to an archive with a "store" in winrar and still didn't fix the problem.

i never did like that program... sounds like maby it compressed the .img a lil bit. try setting it to store only when you put it in the .zip either that, or just push it with adb

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego

It may be a problem with the splash1.img file itself. When I first created the file for (((Pipo 79))) above, I just opened the image provided and saved it as a .bmp and coverted it using nbimg. When I flashed it I just got a gray screen. Went back to original image and noticed it was in grey scale. Increased color depth to 16 million (24-bit), saved as bmp and converted it. Worked fine. So try checking the color on the image. Make sure it's 24-bit.

If that still doesn't work, post the image you want to use and I'd be willing to try and make a workable img.

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
something like "Cuddles Inspire" with the android peein on the apple lol. something like that i wanna hook this phone up i had the og droid it rocked but the inspire is different lol. everyone i know in the development dept has verizon and they make fun cuz i have att hahaha. i love my phone tho :)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

or something with the android doin somethin to apple lol. but i want "Cuddles Inspire 4g" on it :) if u can if not its ok.

Here is a Cuddles boot splash for you. Place the PD98IMG file on you sd card and flash it in Hboot.

Attachments

• PD98IMG.zip
    347.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Cuddles.jpg
    Cuddles.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: Pick_A_Name

DynamiteRave

Sep 21, 2011
Charleston
It may be a problem with the splash1.img file itself. When I first created the file for (((Pipo 79))) above, I just opened the image provided and saved it as a .bmp and coverted it using nbimg. When I flashed it I just got a gray screen. Went back to original image and noticed it was in grey scale. Increased color depth to 16 million (24-bit), saved as bmp and converted it. Worked fine. So try checking the color on the image. Make sure it's 24-bit.

If that still doesn't work, post the image you want to use and I'd be willing to try and make a workable img.
I double checked to make sure its 24 bit and it is. I couldn't do another method because I'm not ENG S-OFF so I can't just push it to my phone with adb. The image I want is 18/21+ so... yeah. Hahahaha. Anyone have any other ideas?

sharksfan7

Aug 7, 2011
San Diego
I double checked to make sure its 24 bit and it is. I couldn't do another method because I'm not ENG S-OFF so I can't just push it to my phone with adb. The image I want is 18/21+ so... yeah. Hahahaha. Anyone have any other ideas?

Have you tried a different archive program? I've seen 7-zip recommended in other threads. I've never used it though. I used WinRar for the splash screens I've done and it worked fine.

Out of curiosity, what are the file sizes of the bmp you're using and the converted img?

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
7-zip works very well. Post the original picture and I will take a look at it and make it into a PD98IMG file tomorrow if you want. Just trying to help you guys out.

Last edited:

DynamiteRave

Sep 21, 2011
Charleston
I tried 7 zip and that didn't seem to work, which leads me to believe its the picture. I checked the dimensions and that its 24 bits and it is. Pm me if you can make me a PD98IMG the picture is inappropriate for the forums so let me know if you can help me out.
Sent from my HTC Inspire

klbmth

Dec 4, 2010
Cape Girardeau
I have a request if anyone's willing to help me out. I don't have a computer so I was wondering if someone could put this in a zip so I can use it on my splash screen?

0cefc0f5-310c-0d96.jpg

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

marsdta

May 9, 2011
lol i just posted this in the Talon thread. Here you go

Attachments

• PD98IMG.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: klbmth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post and share your Splash Images here!!!

Requests: All requests WILL be fulfilled. Once done, the flashable zip file will be PM'd to you directly, and shared on my Flikr account with direct download links in the description.

My Splash work: Can be found >>> here <<<
    **The direct download link for each Splash image, is in the description.

***Check out hyun18's work! It can be found HERE***

Don't forget to click THANKS if you like my work, or I have been helpful to you.

How to install using FLASHABLE ZIP
    1. Download the Splash of your choice
    2. Place the PD98IMG.zip on the root of your SD card
    3. Reboot to BOOTLOADER
    4. Once the bootloader reads the zip, press VOLUME UP to apply
    5. Reboot and enjoy.

How to install using ADB, with ENG S-OFF bootloader
    1. Download the Splash of your choice
    2. If the file is in ZIP format, extract the "splash1.img" file to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package.
    3. Connect your phone your PC
    4. Reboot your phone to FASTBOOT mode.
    5. From ADB, within the TOOLS folder, type the following:
    Code:
    fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img
    6. Once this is done, reboot and enjoy.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Instructions to make your own flashable Splash Image
    Step 1. Make your image. (Dimensions are 480x800)
    Step 2. Save as a 24bit Bitmap, named "splash1.bmp"
    Step 3. Copy this Bitmap to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package
    Step 4. From ADB, within the TOOLS directory, type the following
    Code:
    nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 480 -h 800
    Step 5. Take your newly made nb image, and rename the extension to ".img"
    Step 6. Grab this blank PD98IMG file from here. THANK MUDKNOT FOR THIS blank file.
    Step 7. Right click the zip file and select "open archive"
    Step 8. Copy your newly made splash1.img file to this zip file.
    Step 9. Flash. :)

Attached is the nbimg needed to do this. Just extract the zip file to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package.

Thanks to mudknot2005 for the Blank PD98IMG file. Go HERE and click "thanks" to thank him for making this happen for us. :-D
    You have a different phone then the Inspire/DHD, so it probably uses a different file name other than PD98IMG. The script inside to flash the file is also probably different. I would not use these files for your phone. Post the splash that you wanted and I will try to research what the Evo uses.

Edit: Still researching this. As I do not have an Evo I want to make sure I find the correct way to do it. So far no luck in finding what the correct script should be inside the folder.
    BeatsCandy

Ladys and Gentleman, I present to you "Beats Candy". A splash screen based off of Beats audio and Skullcandy.

This is only part of my new theme to come to an Inspire near you!
    Here is mine.

All credit for the original image goes to mudknott2005.
    The base image was from one of his boot animation

Here is the link for my correlating boot animation
    I wanted to see if one of you could make this image into a splash screen for Adam who makes the TBGB ROM. If you could that would be great, thanks.

here you go