[ROM][Oct 03][DOUBLESHOT] Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Beta

Search This thread

unclespoon

Feb 8, 2011
Seattle, WA
that's cool but i was making reference to whatever you call the bottom section of the phone which now with Unity has the icon for the app drawer the phone and personalize.

Shortcut dock....that's what im talking about...is there away to modify it or make it scrollable?

There are ways to reprogram the "personalize" button to have it do whatever you want, but that's the stock sense 3.0 rosie which can't be changed unless you use a new launcher i.e. adw, launcher pro, go launcher, or the sort...

dadewy

Dec 8, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Camera issues

I really like this ROM and want to keep it, however I'm having one major problem: The camera app either crashes back to homescreen or the few times it does open, the regular camera (8MP one) shows nothing but a gray screen.

When I switch to the FFC, things are fine, switch back to the main cam, grey again.

I've tried a few things (clear cache, dalvik, fix permissions, etc). But no joy :(

I was almost worried my camera was fried but when I flashed back to stock, it works like a champ. Any ideas anyone? I would really like to get this to work.

The camera patch didn't seem to make any difference, from what I've read it seems to address a different problem.

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
I really like this ROM and want to keep it, however I'm having one major problem: The camera app either crashes back to homescreen or the few times it does open, the regular camera (8MP one) shows nothing but a gray screen.

When I switch to the FFC, things are fine, switch back to the main cam, grey again.

I've tried a few things (clear cache, dalvik, fix permissions, etc). But no joy :(

I was almost worried my camera was fried but when I flashed back to stock, it works like a champ. Any ideas anyone? I would really like to get this to work.

The camera patch didn't seem to make any difference, from what I've read it seems to address a different problem.

I think i can fix this issue. When i get home i WILL make a flashable zip.

Sent from my Undeadk9's Senseless ROM using xda premium

dadewy

Dec 8, 2008
Jacksonville, FL

I did a full wipe, installed Unity 2.39.0, then flashed the 2.39.1 patch, then your camera_fix zip.

The camera is still doing the exact same thing I'm afraid :(

For grins I installed another camera app from market, it does the same thing too.

What I don't understand is how come I'm having this problem and no one else is reporting it?? I'm not installing any other apps or mods... so what makes my setup unique??

Anyway thanks very much for trying undeadk9, it is much appreciated.

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted. Otherwise I guess I'll be going back to stock as I really need my camera working.

unclespoon

Feb 8, 2011
Seattle, WA
Are you formatting system? That's all I can think of. My camera works fine. As far as I know everyone else's cameras work fine since no one seems to be saying anything. Not sure what else you could try wiping before re-installing...

dadewy

Dec 8, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Are you formatting system? That's all I can think of. My camera works fine. As far as I know everyone else's cameras work fine since no one seems to be saying anything. Not sure what else you could try wiping before re-installing...

Yeah I just tried it again, to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything:

• Boot in to recovery, format system and cache, clear dalvik.
  • Flash from zip the unity 2.39.0 doubleshot beta
  • Booted it up to check camera. No good.
  • Boot in to recovery, clear cache and dalvik, flash 2.39.1 update from zip
  • Boot in to recovery, clear cache and dalvik, flashed undeadk9's fix from zip

I'm seriously at my wits end as to what could be causing this :confused::confused::confused:

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yeah I just tried it again, to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything:

• Boot in to recovery, format system and cache, clear dalvik.
  • Flash from zip the unity 2.39.0 doubleshot beta
  • Boot in to recovery, clear cache and dalvik, flash 2.39.1 update from zip
  • Boot in to recovery, clear cache and dalvik, flashed undeadk9's fix from zip

I'm seriously at my wits end as to what could be causing this :confused::confused::confused:

You forgot wiping data. :p should solve your issue :D

Sent from my Undeadk9's Senseless ROM using xda premium

Reactions: mrb563

GoodKingNerdnor

Mar 21, 2011
Waite Park, MN
Has no one considered the possibility that the physical camera sensor or other hardware parts supporting the transfer of camera data on his phone might be faulty or damaged? I've had zero camera issues, and I can't imagine this wouldn't have been reported by anyone else if it were a problem with the ROM.

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Has no one considered the possibility that the physical camera sensor or other hardware parts supporting the transfer of camera data on his phone might be faulty or damaged? I've had zero camera issues, and I can't imagine this wouldn't have been reported by anyone else if it were a problem with the ROM.

ya but he said it works on stock

dadewy

Dec 8, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I really hope he hasn't been forgetting to wipe data this whole time!!! :rolleyes:

At this point I'd be more than happy to take some heat over a noob mistake if I could just get things to work :D

Unfortunately no, I didn't forget to wipe data, I just forgot to mention it in my post.

The only other thing I can think of (and it's silly really), is this is a khaki mt4gs. Surely there's no difference other than a different color backplate??

Anyway thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated. This is probably the weirdest issue I have run in to in a while.

jenesuispasbavard

Oct 29, 2010
Austin
At this point I'd be more than happy to take some heat over a noob mistake if I could just get things to work :D

Unfortunately no, I didn't forget to wipe data, I just forgot to mention it in my post.

The only other thing I can think of (and it's silly really), is this is a khaki mt4gs. Surely there's no difference other than a different color backplate??

Anyway thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated. This is probably the weirdest issue I have run in to in a while.

I'm afraid I have a khaki MT4GS too, but my camera application works almost as well as stock. Panorama mode doesn't work; it'll tell you to rotate the camera, but when you do it stays at the last frame and never makes the panoramic picture.

unclespoon

Feb 8, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm afraid I have a khaki MT4GS too, but my camera application works almost as well as stock. Panorama mode doesn't work; it'll tell you to rotate the camera, but when you do it stays at the last frame and never makes the panoramic picture.

Yeah I have the same problem with the panorama - it'll do 3-4 shots as it pans and then I just get the loading bar. That's weird since all the camera files are stock. Maybe that's something they can look into once they get the device, which should be any day now since they said they bought it and it's on its way.

m0j09987

Aug 21, 2009
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I notice something... That theres a sudden drop in battery percentage whenever i restart the phone... Like today i restart the fone when it was on 40% and when it came back on it was on 20%.. any reason? Or is it my battery? This is stock battery btw

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App

unclespoon

Feb 8, 2011
Seattle, WA
I notice something... That theres a sudden drop in battery percentage whenever i restart the phone... Like today i restart the fone when it was on 40% and when it came back on it was on 20%.. any reason? Or is it my battery? This is stock battery btw

It's probably not that complicated, merely a matter of reconfiguring hardware buttons.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

That's probably a battery calibration issue. Charge your battery to 100% and go into recovery > advanced > wipe battery stats. Then use your phone until battery is as dead as you can get it and charge it back up again. That should reset the battery stats. Mine will change a couple percent each time I restart but 20% is a pretty big jump.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

After a longer porting and testing phase we are ready to release a beta version of the Unity rom on the MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot).

The initial idea of porting the Unity rom to this device was coming from fcreeves and was started in the Pledge a bounty for Virtuous ROM thread.

The rom is brand new ported to the device and was made without having a device actually in the team. So the testing was fully made by unclespoon.

After a really last positive testing it's time to release it for an open beta phase.

Keep in mind that not all points could be tested yet. So please make a backup before flashing this rom.

Download for Unity 2.39.0 for Doubleshot
    md5sum: 781590a77d214b7e895c722096f114a9

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
    Changelog in the post #2

Please report all issues you find and we will try to fix them. I actual list of known issues are in the second post.
    Virtuous Unity 2.39.1
    Changelog:
    Genius buttom mapped to Search
    Trackpad wake
    Camera portrait mode should be fixed
    Screenshot function (Power + Home) should be fixed
    System Info should give correct Virtuous Unity version
    Disabled debugging notification icon (ADB)
    Increased battery saving in sleep mode
    Improved scrolling responsiveness
    Fixed black screen after call ends
    Fixed call delay

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
    Sorry guys that I wasn't here in the last days. But I am/was really busy. Real work, house work, daughter and dog is keeping me from doing some stuff. And the little bit time I had was invested in the 3.5 rom.

But the good thing...my wife comes back on weekend...and the doubleshot device too :D

So I can start to port the rom for you too...and for the question about Unity. We will support the rom in the future too. There are a lot of people which still wants to use it. And I hope we can fix the few bugs on the doubleshot as soon as possible.

And I will make some test with mdj together on the kernel to make it more stable for you.
    Well maybe get a hold of the team....seems they are claiming the Slide is going to be supported but seems to be lacking any work or anything....

Chrish has been working on it, but has been having quite a lot of issues.
    Doubleshot support is going to be one of the top priorities

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
    Hi guys. Welcome to the unity family. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk