[Boot Animation][CWM] Galaxy Nexus Jellybean Boot Animation

Search This thread

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Hello everyone!

I've put together a recovery-flashable zip of the Jellybean boot animation from the Galaxy Nexus. I've personally tested this on my Galaxy S III and it works beautifully.

VqmBJ.gif
KVGXJ.png

Instructions:
1. Download to your phone's SD card
2. Flash in recovery
3. Reboot from recovery.
4. Behold the glory of the Galaxy Nexus boot animation on your Galaxy S III

For those of you who wish to know, the bootanimation is flashed to /data/local rather than /system/media.

To flash manually with Root Explorer, etc. :
1. Download and extract the CWM flashable boot animation file below
2. In the extracted file, navigate to /data/local and copy the bootanimation.zip file
3. Navigate to the root of your SD card
4. Go to /data/local and paste the file there OR alternatively /system/media, overwriting any old boot animation (please backup your old boot animation if you wish to revert soon). Please note that /data/local is the first place that the OS looks for a boot animation. Any boot animation placed in /data/local will override a boot animation placed in /system/media.
5. Reboot and enjoy :cool:

This SHOULD work on any device with a 1280x720 resolution. If you flash this on phone other than a Galaxy S III, you do so at your own risk.

Please note: Image in OP is not actual size due to resizing issues. The actual boot animation will appear slightly smaller. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Nexus_JBBootanimation_CWM.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 6,783
Last edited:

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
Thanks. It's a nice stock bootanimation, but too minimal for my tastes.

Gotta have more flair! :) A version of this with extra flairy fire flares would be trippy.

(And thanks for putting it in /data/local instead of overwriting /system/media, which is where I put mine too. Wish more bootani packagers would do this (and specify this).)

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks. It's a nice stock bootanimation, but too minimal for my tastes.

Gotta have more flair! :) A version of this with extra flairy fire flares would be trippy.

(And thanks for putting it in /data/local instead of overwriting /system/media, which is where I put mine too. Wish more bootani packagers would do this (and specify this).)

Hey no problem we're not on Android version 1 anymore so /data/local seems like the best place to put it :). I wish I had enough time and the software to alter this image with some blue flames. That would be amazing. Anyone up for the challenge? lol :D

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
Flashed the file from recovery, it put it /data/local. But still get the stock AT&T animation. I think I need to rename the file in /system/bin and create a symlink to it from /data /local.

Well that didn't work, neither did renaming the file in /system/bin and copying over the bootanimation file.

Last edited:

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Flashed the file from recovery, it put it /data/local. But still get the stock AT&T animation. I think I need to rename the file in /system/bin and create a symlink to it from /data /local.

Well that didn't work, neither did renaming the file in /system/bin and copying over the bootanimation file.

Hmm...good thinking on the symlink. What kernel are you on and this might be a stupid question but did you try removing the Samsung boot first? It's in an odd propriotary format. It's weird. I never thought a boot animation would be so difficult to implement universally on this device. I've never had any issues on other devices. I've been using triune ii and my animations seem to work. I was also on ucalh9 with an insecure kernel and boot animation support I made. I'm scratching my head on this one. I saw your post on the terminal commands on the other thread too. I'm replying here for both. Thanks for taking a look at this. Hopefully we can figure something out here. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
Hmm...good thinking on the symlink. What kernel are you on and this might be a stupid question but did you try removing the Samsung boot first? It's in an odd propriotary format. It's weird. I never thought a boot animation would be so difficult to implement universally on this device. I've never had any issues on other devices. I've been using triune ii and my animations seem to work. I was also on ucalh9 with an insecure kernel and boot animation support I made. I'm scratching my head on this one. I saw your post on the terminal commands on the other thread too. I'm replying here for both. Thanks for taking a look at this. Hopefully we can figure something out here. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Kernel version is 3.0.8-704434-user. I didn't touch the samsung files because I wasn't sure if that would hose my phone. Just renamed the bootanimation file.

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Does it matter which version I'm on as far as ICS or JB?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

No it should not as long as your kernel supports a custom boot animation. Almost all custom kernels support it. This has worked great for me, but if you're nervous, it flashes to /data/local on your sd card. If there's not a bootanimation.zip there already, it won't overwrite your current boot animation and you should be able to just delete it from /data/local if it doesn't work or you don't like it. So basically you can safely flash this without any risk of damaging anything regardless of ICS or JB. It works for me, but I definitely can't guarantee anything at this point. I've had some difficulties with bootanimations on the S3 for some reason. Let me know if it works out for you.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
Interesting! Can you explain why? It could definitely explain why some users are having issues now, but I never had this problem before on other phones. I'm curious as to what's different. :)
Is not working on my too.
I was working on boot animations on SG2 skyrocket and most of the time bootanimation start from system/media. Why this time must be diffriend?

stratatak7

Swappa Representative
Jun 6, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Is not working on my too.
I was working on boot animations on SG2 skyrocket and most of the time bootanimation start from system/media. Why this time must be diffriend?

That's a good question. I've never ran a rom that putting it in /data/local didn't work. But it's so strange that some ROM's work that way. In my opinion, putting it in /data/local is safer AND you can keep your old bootanimation as a backup in /system/media. I'm definitely curious as to why it's different as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

I've put together a recovery-flashable zip of the Jellybean boot animation from the Galaxy Nexus. I've personally tested this on my Galaxy S III and it works beautifully.

VqmBJ.gif
    KVGXJ.png

Instructions:
    1. Download to your phone's SD card
    2. Flash in recovery
    3. Reboot from recovery.
    4. Behold the glory of the Galaxy Nexus boot animation on your Galaxy S III

For those of you who wish to know, the bootanimation is flashed to /data/local rather than /system/media.

To flash manually with Root Explorer, etc. :
    1. Download and extract the CWM flashable boot animation file below
    2. In the extracted file, navigate to /data/local and copy the bootanimation.zip file
    3. Navigate to the root of your SD card
    4. Go to /data/local and paste the file there OR alternatively /system/media, overwriting any old boot animation (please backup your old boot animation if you wish to revert soon). Please note that /data/local is the first place that the OS looks for a boot animation. Any boot animation placed in /data/local will override a boot animation placed in /system/media.
    5. Reboot and enjoy :cool:

This SHOULD work on any device with a 1280x720 resolution. If you flash this on phone other than a Galaxy S III, you do so at your own risk.

Please note: Image in OP is not actual size due to resizing issues. The actual boot animation will appear slightly smaller. Enjoy! :)
    This is the boot animation from the ICS Nexus and is by far my most favorite boot animation ever. Works perfectly on GS3. Follow OP instructions for manual install

http://db.tt/BY5EWrq0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    Confirmed not working on the stock rooted AT&T ROM, both manuel and flash methods tried.

It DOES work on stock rom but you need a custom kernel. The Samsung kernel doesn't support it so if you flash ktoonsez TW ICS kernel it will work. I guarantee it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2