Register up to 24 fingerprints with this simple trick

Search This thread

Bartcore3

Oct 20, 2012
Guys, i just discovered something amazing!

You know when you're adding a new fingerprint to the list and you have to swipe the scanner 8 times? Well, nobody said it had to be that same finger, all eight times.
I was able to register all my fingers because with this method i have 24 (3 x 8) places to store fingerprints.

I've seen posts where a dude asked if there was a mod to register more than 3 prints, well it was just that easy!

Can't say if it affects the accuracy of recognition as i found this only 5 minutes ago but so far it seems fine with all fingers.

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON

You know when you're adding a new fingerprint to the list and you have to swipe the scanner 8 times? Well, nobody said it had to be that same finger, all eight times.
I was able to register all my fingers because with this method i have 24 (3 x 8) places to store fingerprints.

I've seen posts where a dude asked if there was a mod to register more than 3 prints, well it was just that easy!

Can't say if it affects the accuracy of recognition as i found this only 5 minutes ago but so far it seems fine with all fingers.

I registered the dominant thumb twice (2x8, yielding 16 prints of one finger), which resulted in much improved recognition.

I suspect that even though you were able to register more fingers, the real life performance of the finger print scanner will be potentially impacted in a negative way since the database of each finger is scarce. In an less than ideal environment such as when you are walking, you might experience poor recognition in the long run requiring more swipes.

Reactions: zigson

Bartcore3

Oct 20, 2012
I registered the dominant thumb twice (2x8, yielding 16 prints of one finger), which resulted in much improved recognition.

I suspect that even though you were able to register more fingers, the real life performance of the finger print scanner will be potentially impacted in a negative way since the database of each finger is scarce. In an less than ideal environment such as when you are walking, you might experience poor recognition in the long run requiring more swipes.

I too registered my primary thumb 16 times.

The first time i set it up, i registered my thumb 8 times vertical and 8 times horizontal. I have large hands so i'm able to unlock and swipe with one hand, but i thought it would register the horizontal one as another print.

After a week i removed the horizontal one by accident. I could still unlock it horizontally or in any other direction for that matter, but the acuracy did indeed suffer from that.

I would suggest registering 2 sets (2x8) of your primary unlock finger and the last one a bunch of random fingers or even a finger of your SO.

Krytoan

May 25, 2014
Never even thought about sideways swiping until now. Plus it is pretty accurate using multiple fingers within the 8 scans. Thanks!

John822

Dec 3, 2011
Westlake

I did the same thing, works great :laugh:

ritholtz

Jun 17, 2014
I registered my dominant thumb (one handed) for 8 times vertical swipe and 8 times for horizon swipe. Registered thumb from second hand for 8 times vertical swipe. In one handed use, it works better by moving menu button to top with vertical swipe. These directions (horizontal and vertical swipes) are reversible. It is more comfortable to swipe menu button at top then at bottom.

Last edited:
Reactions: ogremount

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I registered my dominant thumb (one handed) for 8 times vertical swipe and 8 times for horizon swipe. Registered thumb from second hand for 8 times vertical swipe. In one handed use, it works better by moving menu button to top with vertical swipe. These directions (horizontal and vertical swipes) are reversible. It is more comfortable to swipe menu button at top then at bottom.