[Q] LG G2 stuck in TWRP 2.7.0.0

Search This thread

djilluminate

Jun 7, 2014
Hey guys,

I am kind of a noob when it comes to android, but I'm decent with PC. I wanted to get Cyanogen mod 11, as I have used it before on previous Android phones and liked the features it had.

I was on the Kit Kat OTA update for the Verizon VS980 version of the G2. I downloaded TWRP v2.7.0.0 using AutoRec. I had put the newest nightly build of Cyanogen Mod 11 in the /sdcard file path. However, when I tried to install it using TWRP, I got "Skipping MD5 Check: no MD5 file found" in the prompt. It says the install is successful, however I am stuck in a boot loop at the LG logo. I read somewhere that totally formatting the data worked for someone so I gave that a shot and still nothing. I have cleared both cache and Dalvik Cache and completely wiped the phones memory.

I have been using ADB sideload to try to flash different ROMs to the phone, but no success. They all transfer to the phone successfully, but when the phone tries to apply them, I get the same response "Skipping MD5 Check: no MD5 file found". It says the file has been applied successfully but I am still stuck in the boot loop. I have also attempted what has been listed in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696

The only part of my phone I still have access to is TWRP recovery mode.

Any help would be awesome. Just ask if you need any clarification.

Thanks.
Mike

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
The skipping MD5 check means nothing. Most ROMs I've seen say that. Which other ROMs have you tried? Since you're on 24A the ROMs have to be made with true 4.4 sources to boot. CM nighlies are not one of them. I suggest trying Mahdi. Download the newest ROM, patch and whatever gapps you prefer. Transfer them to the phone. Go to TWRP Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik, System, Data, Cache. Then flash Mahdi, Patch and gapps. It should boot up just fine.

Reactions: djilluminate

djilluminate

Jun 7, 2014
The skipping MD5 check means nothing. Most ROMs I've seen say that. Which other ROMs have you tried? Since you're on 24A the ROMs have to be made with true 4.4 sources to boot. CM nighlies are not one of them. I suggest trying Mahdi. Download the newest ROM, patch and whatever gapps you prefer. Transfer them to the phone. Go to TWRP Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik, System, Data, Cache. Then flash Mahdi, Patch and gapps. It should boot up just fine.

Ill give this a shot right now. I can do this through ADB sideload right? because thats the only way i have access to transfer data to the phone.

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
Last edited:
Reactions: djilluminate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just tried it and it worked! Thanks so much!

Why couldn't i have thought of that...
    I just tried it and it worked! Thanks so much!

Why couldn't i have thought of that...

Glad you got it! Make sure the ROMs you flash from now on are specifically 4.4.2 sourced. If you don't see mention of it you can always ask in the thread. Most of the ones that are will say in the OP you need a true KK modem. If you want CM11 again you can go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53232344. Its for 24a.