[Q] Gnex works but no cold boot

Search This thread

enginmanap

Account currently disabled
Nov 13, 2009
GB
meettomy.site
Couple of weeks ago my gnex fail to start a boot after my battery used up to %0. I used a wall charger but it did not help, I mean there were no charging screen, no boot animation, no vibration that indicate start boot. I assumed battery was so low, it would not boot enough to charge, so I used an cheap battery charger to charge the battery, then everything worked as expected. this happened one more time, that made me think there was a issue about the rom or some software, but I did not act on it. Then a few days ago my phone rejected to try to boot even with full battery.

I search the forums, and find out connecting to wall charger then inserting battery will trigger a boot, and it really did. Then I flashed official google image to see if it fixes the issue but no luck, then I tried odin flash with repartitioning, still no luck.

Currently I am on full stock on my gnex. If I shut it down, no matter which button/combination I try, it won't trigger a boot. If I connect to a wall charger while battery is in, screen does not turn on and charging does not start. If I remove the battery, connect to wall charger, then insert the battery, charging screen came up, then if I press power button for ~5 second it boots to android like everything is okey, and after boot starts, I can disconnect the charger, no issues about battery.

I have no clue what might be causing this. Power button works, battery works, rom/software works, are there anyone with some ideas what might be causing this?

enginmanap

Nov 13, 2009
GB
meettomy.site
It boots now but unstable

Hi again. Not booting issue seems to be fixed (without doing anything) but now it reboots when I try to download anything. I used stability test to check if cpu or gpu has any issue, the test did not found any issue.

I am suspecting my internal storage causing this issues, but I could not find any tool to check/fix it. Are there anyone that knows a way to do so?

enginmanap

Nov 13, 2009
GB
meettomy.site
I wanted to report back my last status. The phone is working normally know. I tried out flashing different kernels, and at some point, random reboots stopped. To verify, I downloaded several GB of files, tested with antutu and 3dmark, everything looks normal.

Long story short, I have no idea how it got fixed, but it did. I suggest anybody with my situation to keep trying, I bought a g2 thinking it would not be usable, I regret that decision now.