[Resolved] [Q] SLIMCAT - CWM based Recovery replace with Philz

Search This thread

TheBlueHairUnicorn

Jul 26, 2014
Hello there,

while i'm on vacation i've been busy with flashing my phone with several rom's. But none of them i've tried, are good for me. I wanted to go back to Slimcat Rom - but now i get several errors while flashing the rom on my phone, Samsung i9100. I've been asking on their forums, but now its been a while.

They asked me to get off from cwm-based recovery v.6.0.1.2 and install philz_touch_6.22.1-i9100 - but theres the next problem, while flashing with Odin like Philz said in his threads, nothing works, error see below.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/004> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<ID:0/004> Please wait..
<ID:0/004> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<ID:0/004> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I even tried this way:

Download philz_touch_xxx.zip file
Put the previously downloaded philz_touch_xxx.zip file on your sd card
Boot into recovery (volume up+home+power)
Select "Install zip" and browser to your downloaded zip file.
Now select the philz_touch_xxx.zip fileyou copied in previous step
You will have PhilZ Touch Recovery flashed

But, it's not replacing the cwm to philz, nothing. Still stuck on the cwm based recovery...

Can anyone help me out there? My phone isn't broken yet, i've installed now a temporary ROM but i really don't like it and want to go back to the slimcat.

Kind Regards, TheBlueHairUnicorn

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Hello there,

while i'm on vacation i've been busy with flashing my phone with several rom's. But none of them i've tried, are good for me. I wanted to go back to Slimcat Rom - but now i get several errors while flashing the rom on my phone, Samsung i9100. I've been asking on their forums, but now its been a while.

They asked me to get off from cwm-based recovery v.6.0.1.2 and install philz_touch_6.22.1-i9100 - but theres the next problem, while flashing with Odin like Philz said in his threads, nothing works, error see below.

I even tried this way:

But, it's not replacing the cwm to philz, nothing. Still stuck on the cwm based recovery...

Can anyone help me out there? My phone isn't broken yet, i've installed now a temporary ROM but i really don't like it and want to go back to the slimcat.

Kind Regards, TheBlueHairUnicorn

i dont know if this is compatible with every device, but it is widely used to flash recoveries and such.

it needs a .img file to install, so you would have to extract your file and see if one is in there. without that it is useless.

i dont know your device specifically, so this is at your own risk!