[Q] ADM Lock

Search This thread

GabDG

Jun 16, 2012
Hey Guys, I've got a problem with my phone, an Alcatel One Touch Idol 6030a.

Today I was messing around with Android Device Manager, locating my phone via web, and tried the "lock" thing. There, I was asked to enter a password, which I did, and then my phone was locked.

The problem came when I tried to type that password. I just can't, there is an input box, but when I tap, there's no keyboard, no nothing, so I can't enter my password! (See attached pic).

So I started searching the web for help, but it seems today is not my day. Yesterday I change USB mode to "charge only", 'cause I plugged it to my car's stereo and just wanted to charge it.
I never have USB Debugging on, only when I know I'm gonna need it, and today I didn't know :/, son I can't use adb.
I also tried deleting the "gesture.key" file, in /data/system/, via aroma, but nothing happened.
So, as far as I know, my only option left is wiping, but that is something I'm really trying to avoid, unless, of course, there's nothing left to do.

And that would be my question, do any of you know what can I do to disable that darn password lock?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-25-16-04-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-25-16-04-51.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 19

Critical Detox

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2010
Parts Unknown

Today I was messing around with Android Device Manager, locating my phone via web, and tried the "lock" thing. There, I was asked to enter a password, which I did, and then my phone was locked.

The problem came when I tried to type that password. I just can't, there is an input box, but when I tap, there's no keyboard, no nothing, so I can't enter my password! (See attached pic).

So I started searching the web for help, but it seems today is not my day. Yesterday I change USB mode to "charge only", 'cause I plugged it to my car's stereo and just wanted to charge it.
I never have USB Debugging on, only when I know I'm gonna need it, and today I didn't know :/, son I can't use adb.
I also tried deleting the "gesture.key" file, in /data/system/, via aroma, but nothing happened.
So, as far as I know, my only option left is wiping, but that is something I'm really trying to avoid, unless, of course, there's nothing left to do.

And that would be my question, do any of you know what can I do to disable that darn password lock?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried going into recovery and removing the app entirely with adb? Of course this is assuming you're rooted.

T

the_pirate_predator

Answer

Thanks in advance

Did you delete password.key also from that ~/data/system ?

If you have not done, then do it again and try.

After you delete, clear cache and reboot. If it asks for password, try to see whether the keyboard comes up.

If it doesn't, try to access without typing anything.

Press thanks if I have helped.