[XMS] [MANY FIRMWARES] Deodex & SUPERUSERMOD

Search This thread

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for you bricking your phone, applications stopping working on you phone or data wipes what may happen during the installs of these files. You are installing them at your own risk. Please make backups of the original files as I won't supply you with them.

Hi, I've deodexed the /system partition to the most recent update (at the time of writing), 15.4.A.1.9, of the Sony Xperia M SINGLE SIM.

The files have been taken from the C1904 ftf, but will work perfectly fine on the C1905 too. The deodexed files come in a neat .zip for if you have an unlocked bootloader, if you don't have an unlocked bootloader please refer to this guide on how to push the files to your device.

I have also modified the services.jar file to enable SUPERUSERMOD, just push the new file to your device and enjoy. You also need to be deodexed to use SUPERUSERMOD.

I will keep this thread updated if any new firmwares get released. Just check back after about a day and I should have them up for you. :)

15.4.A.0.23 Files:
Deodexed files
services.jar

15.4.A.1.9 Files:
Deodexed files
services.jar

15.4.A.1.10 Files:
Deodexed files
services.jar

I never actually stated how I made these files, for the deodexed files I used the Kamome tool (thanks for your tool @AndroPlus) and for the SUPERUSERMOD I followed the guide by @DavidMKD.

Last edited:

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
something wrong with this superusermod when i install it i lose full root access:eek:

i also had this exact same problem with the last 4.3 update :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Really? I haven't had a problem with SUPERUSERMOD. Can you tell me the exact steps you took to install it?

yeah sure, i have a hardlocked bootloader so i just pushed the services.jar file through adb but after i reboot i LOSE the ability to edit system files or mount/edit permissions using any root explorer.

ive fully deodexed following the guide using adb also.

im thinkin i should just deodex and leave out the superusermod as i actually have access to system files then :confused:

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
yeah sure, i have a hardlocked bootloader so i just pushed the services.jar file through adb but after i reboot i LOSE the ability to edit system files or mount/edit permissions using any root explorer.

ive fully deodexed following the guide using adb also.

im thinkin i should just deodex and leave out the superusermod as i actually have access to system files then :confused:

Do you still have the superSU (or superuser) app installed? If so, can you connect to the computer and run the adb shell command followed by the SU command?

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Do you still have the superSU (or superuser) app installed? If so, can you connect to the computer and run the adb shell command followed by the SU command?

erm it seems to be working now... i have no idea why i had the problem, but ive just reflashed the latest firmware rooted, su-ed, busyboxed, fixed root, deodexed and then done the mod and it all seems to be working fine now:eek:

my phone has been an absolute nightmare though to be honest, problem after problem - locked bootloaders are a nightmare

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
How to deodxed? Should I flash the superuser mod and Deodxed in CWM?

The deodexed files come in a neat .zip for if you have an unlocked bootloader, if you don't have an unlocked bootloader please refer to this guide on how to push the files to your device.

I have also modified the services.jar file to enable SUPERUSERMOD, just push the new file to your device and enjoy. You also need to be deodexed to use SUPERUSERMOD.

If you had referred to the OP you would have found that the deodexed .zip can be flashed in CWM whereas the SUPERUSERMOD has to be pushed manually.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bassgitt

Apr 23, 2011
Istanbul
Are you sure this zip for 15.4.A.1.9? im applying this patch and Sony PCC saying 15.4.A.0.23. Why? Anyone had this problem?

8hodgsonkh

Jan 16, 2014
Carlisle
Hey, possible of you could make a whole system flashable from ftf? I don't have a computer to flash ftf :( much appreciated if you did :)

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Are you sure this zip for 15.4.A.1.9? im applying this patch and Sony PCC saying 15.4.A.0.23. Why? Anyone had this problem?
Yes, definitely for the 15.4.A.1.9 firmware. I downloaded the aforementioned firmware for the sole purpose of making these mods. I can only assume it is something in your build.prop why it is displaying like that. Try copying the original build.prop to your phone, setting the correct permissions and then rebooting.

Hey, possible of you could make a whole system flashable from ftf? I don't have a computer to flash ftf :( much appreciated if you did :)
If I can find one for an older firmware then I will. I don't wish to create one myself as I don't want to mess any of the coding up and have people bricking their phones.

Reactions: bassgitt

bassgitt

Apr 23, 2011
Istanbul
Yes, definitely for the 15.4.A.1.9 firmware. I downloaded the aforementioned firmware for the sole purpose of making these mods. I can only assume it is something in your build.prop why it is displaying like that. Try copying the original build.prop to your phone, setting the correct permissions and then rebooting.

İ think its Cwm thing i flash 15.4.A.1.9 and apply your patch with without cwm its successfully done. Thanks btw good job :good:

8hodgsonkh

Jan 16, 2014
Carlisle

If I can find one for an older firmware then I will. I don't wish to create one myself as I don't want to mess any of the coding up and have people bricking their phones.

Okay thanks, I need the recent update that's all. If someone could extract just /system and uploaded as a zip I could make a meta inf folder and install it myself

googlownik

Jul 10, 2014
Poznań
Hi ...

Sorry for my english, but I'm Polish and I write using a translator.

I have a small problem: After replacing the services.jar file, grabbed my phone bootloop ... I tried different files - all the same ... What am I doing wrong?

Xperia M, 4.3 JB

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Hi ...

I have a small problem: After replacing the services.jar file, grabbed my phone bootloop ... I tried different files - all the same ... What am I doing wrong?

Xperia M, 4.3 JB

Unfortunately this is common, have you tried pulling the battery and then restarting once it is put back in? Also, have you deodexed (or at least deleted the odex file to services.jar)? This is required, I suggest deodexing first and then replace the services.jar file.

Polish translation (used Google translate so forgive if it is inaccurate):
Niestety jest to powszechne, czy próbowałeś wyciągając baterię, a następnie ponowne uruchomienie po jego umieścić z powrotem w? Również, czy deodexed (lub przynajmniej usunięte pliki ODEX do services.jar)? Jest to konieczne, proponuję deodexing a potem zastąpić plik services.jar.

Reactions: googlownik

googlownik

Jul 10, 2014
Poznań
Próbowałem cały czas... Pełen root + deodex... Chciałem dodać sobie wygląd z Z2, jednak wersja, która działa (i nie potrzebuje superuser), jest niekompatybilna z Gravitybox... A do reszty potrzebuje superuser mod...

I tried all the time ... Full root + deodex ... I wanted to add the look of Z2, but the version that works (and does not need superuser), is incompatible with Gravitybox ... And the rest needs superuser mod ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for you bricking your phone, applications stopping working on you phone or data wipes what may happen during the installs of these files. You are installing them at your own risk. Please make backups of the original files as I won't supply you with them.

Hi, I've deodexed the /system partition to the most recent update (at the time of writing), 15.4.A.1.9, of the Sony Xperia M SINGLE SIM.

The files have been taken from the C1904 ftf, but will work perfectly fine on the C1905 too. The deodexed files come in a neat .zip for if you have an unlocked bootloader, if you don't have an unlocked bootloader please refer to this guide on how to push the files to your device.

I will keep this thread updated if any new firmwares get released. Just check back after about a day and I should have them up for you. :)

15.4.A.0.23 Files:
    Deodexed files
    services.jar

15.4.A.1.9 Files:
    Deodexed files
    services.jar

15.4.A.1.10 Files:
    Deodexed files
    services.jar

I never actually stated how I made these files, for the deodexed files I used the Kamome tool (thanks for your tool @AndroPlus) and for the SUPERUSERMOD I followed the guide by @DavidMKD.

Hi ...

Xperia M, 4.3 JB

Unfortunately this is common, have you tried pulling the battery and then restarting once it is put back in? Also, have you deodexed (or at least deleted the odex file to services.jar)? This is required, I suggest deodexing first and then replace the services.jar file.

Polish translation (used Google translate so forgive if it is inaccurate):
    Niestety jest to powszechne, czy próbowałeś wyciągając baterię, a następnie ponowne uruchomienie po jego umieścić z powrotem w? Również, czy deodexed (lub przynajmniej usunięte pliki ODEX do services.jar)? Jest to konieczne, proponuję deodexing a potem zastąpić plik services.jar.
    Próbowałem cały czas... Pełen root + deodex... Chciałem dodać sobie wygląd z Z2, jednak wersja, która działa (i nie potrzebuje superuser), jest niekompatybilna z Gravitybox... A do reszty potrzebuje superuser mod...

I tried all the time ... Full root + deodex ... I wanted to add the look of Z2, but the version that works (and does not need superuser), is incompatible with Gravitybox ... And the rest needs superuser mod ...

What is the state of your bootloader? Locked or unlocked? Are you trying to install the services.jar file at the same time as deodexing? What is your firmware/build number too?
    Also, off topic, remember that English messages go first and then messages of other languages.

Jaki jest stan bootloadera? Zablokowane lub odblokowane? Czy próbujesz zainstalować plik services.jar w tym samym czasie, co deodexing? Jaki jest Twój numer firmware/budować zbyt?
    Ponadto, nie na temat, pamiętaj, że angielski wiadomości iść, a potem wiadomości z innych języków.
    Bootloader unlocked... Firmware 15.4.A.1.9...

First deodex, reboot and next service.jar...

Wysłane z mojego C1904 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Do you experience any problems once you reboot? Like any force closes or anything like that? If you can, use ADB to replace the services.jar with the following code;
    Code:
    su
    stop
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    cp (INSERT THE PATH TO YOUR services.jar FILE HERE, mine would be /sdcard1/services.jar) /system/framework/
    chmod 0644 /system/framework/services.jar
    mount -o ro,remount /system
    reboot

Czy masz problemy po restarcie? Jak każdy zamyka życie lub coś podobnego? Jeśli możesz, użyj ADB zastąpić services.jar z następującego kodu;
    Code:
    su 
    stop
    mount-o rw,remount /system
    cp (wstawić ścieżkę do services.jar PLIK TUTAJ, kopalnia byłaby /sdcard1/services.jar) /system/framework/ 
    chmod 0644 /system/framework/services.jar 
    mount-o ro,remount /system
    reboot