[ROM][HYBRID][XXDMG1] Project AOSP v1.5 - Hybrid AOSP/Samsung ROM

Search This thread

AleRock94

Jun 9, 2011
Meda
Some clown trolled every thread with this "suggestion" a few weeks ago. Said thread was deservedly deleted by the mods. Why the f*** should this dev make something just to please you??

How rude can you be? This guy works his ass off on his - HIS - ROM, but idiots like you say I-don't-want-this, make something else.

If you get a hardon so much for that ROM, make it yourself. Don't bug guys like this for making what they want and not what you want.

I'm sure you're working hard on porting it right now. Yeah right. Ingrate.

First, let me say that I appreciate the guy's work: in fact, I'm using his ROM right now. I just thought that the other project could give him some cool ideas to improve it, and I don't care other people posting about Chameleon ROM... this is the first time I decided to let the others know about it.

Secondly, I just posted some suggestions, in a polite way, which modstorm can accept or not. I'm not forcing anyone. In fact, every question had a "could" and a "please" in it, and finished with a friendly emoticon. He can do what he wants, but I have to propose everything I can (without claiming).

So, you really have to calm down. Rude, idiot, ingrate... you don't even know me, and come here to insult without thinking. This is not the right way of staying on a forum.

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Just updated the Samsung Installer. It now also contains most of the Apps from my ExileAddons which should cover any missing apps from the rom.

Included apps :

• Accuweather
  • AllShare
  • Browser
  • Calculator
  • Camera
  • Clock
  • Contacts
  • Email
  • Exchange
  • Keyboard
  • Kies
  • Launcher
  • Messaging
  • Mobile Print
  • Music
  • Phone
  • Polaris Viewer
  • S-Voice
  • SPlanner
  • Samsung Apps
  • Samsung Services
  • Talkback
  • Yahoo

Next up I will update the rom to also include an AOSP Lockscreen aswell as have the separate zip file built in so as to only have one package to flash :) I will also replace the AOSP camera with a themed Samsung one :)

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
This is what I wanted to do :)
Only one question, on the Chamleon rom for the Galaxy S2 notification shade is also stock and not themed. Possible here?

2xmrc00l

Oct 14, 2012
Sv: [ROM][XXDMA6][5 Feb] Project AOSP v1 | AOSP Theme | AOSP Apps | Slim

Can I get 4.2.1 lockscreen with this?

Skickat från min GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2

bervin

Nov 22, 2009
media.xda-developers.com
you should leave the aosp gallery in also as it allows us to take photosphere photos.. there's no need to remove that function

Also you forgot the samsung video player app! just saying! i pushed it myself

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Re: [ROM][XXDMA6][5 Feb] Project AOSP v1 | AOSP Theme | AOSP Apps | Slim

This is what I wanted to do :)
Only one question, on the Chamleon rom for the Galaxy S2 notification shade is also stock and not themed. Possible here?

I changed the notification shade to look as close to AOSP as possible, not sure if I can make it look better than that :/

Can I get 4.2.1 lockscreen with this?

Not sure if there are any 4.2 lock screen mods available, however for now you can set the 4.1 lockscreen using Simplistic Control and in future versions it will be built into the rom.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co

Check out this rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1847600
That is my goal - 100% AOSP (not themed) + AOKP features + Samsung features.
Sadly, I get FC for all apps :(

I'll try to get as close to that as possible, however I am not that experienced with development so I'm not sure I can do that yet. However I'll try to get as close as possible and maybe get some help from the Chameleon developer :)

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
Don't post any link to this ROM. I proposed it some posts before and then sadly got attacked with major unkindness. :(

I don't see why people should do that...
At the end, we all want the best.
I'm not telling to XX "do this, cus' your rom is lame". The opposite! I'm telling him that he did an awesome job, and together with more devs I guess they can do something like that.
Its only a suggestion...

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Don't post any link to this ROM. I proposed it some posts before and then sadly got attacked with major unkindness. :(

I'm not telling to modstorm "do this, cus' your rom is lame". The opposite! I'm telling him that he did an awesome job, and together with more devs I guess they can do something like that.
Its only a suggestion...

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I'm not telling to modstorm "do this, cus' your rom is lame". The opposite! I'm telling him that he did an awesome job, and together with more devs I guess they can do something like that.
Its only a suggestion...

2xmrc00l

Oct 14, 2012
Sv: [ROM][XXDMA6][5 Feb] Project AOSP v1 | AOSP Theme | AOSP Apps | Slim

Okey. But do any one have a jb theme for widgetlocker?

Thejungle

Nov 8, 2009
Damn! This is a hybrid ROM I was talking about few weeks ago here at xda forum! That is just.. epic! Thanks man for your work! You are in the same group of peaple as I am - I love AOSP but I love TW features as well! Thanks again!

EDIT:
@Modstorm, will there me some enhacements? I mean - I hate circle battery mod, as it is outstandind from pure AOSP theme (normal, blue ICS battery). Are you planning to replace it with original one?
Thanks!

Last edited:

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Damn! This is a hybrid ROM I was talking about few weeks ago here at xda forum! That is just.. epic! Thanks man for your work! You are in the same group of peaple as I am - I love AOSP but I love TW features as well! Thanks again!

EDIT:
@Modstorm, will there me some enhacements? I mean - I hate circle battery mod, as it is outstandind from pure AOSP theme (normal, blue ICS battery). Are you planning to replace it with original one?
Thanks!

It's replaceable in the Simplistic Control app :)

waa2398

Nov 13, 2011
Guatemala City
Just updated the Samsung Installer. It now also contains most of the Apps from my ExileAddons which should cover any missing apps from the rom.

Included apps :

• Accuweather
  • AllShare
  • Browser
  • Calculator
  • Camera
  • Clock
  • Contacts
  • Email
  • Exchange
  • Keyboard
  • Kies
  • Launcher
  • Messaging
  • Mobile Print
  • Music
  • Phone
  • Polaris Viewer
  • S-Voice
  • SPlanner
  • Samsung Apps
  • Samsung Services
  • Talkback
  • Yahoo

Next up I will update the rom to also include an AOSP Lockscreen aswell as have the separate zip file built in so as to only have one package to flash :) I will also replace the AOSP camera with a themed Samsung one :)

I cannot wait to try this ROM - also don't mean to be lazy but my internet connection has a limit :crying: so all this app come in a single ZIP file or some sort of aroma installer or it has individuals flashable files?

Thank you for your hard work!

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co

I cannot wait to try this ROM - also don't mean to be lazy but my internet connection has a limit :crying: so all this app come in a single ZIP file or some sort of aroma installer or it has individuals flashable files?

Thank you for your hard work!

It's a separate zip file that allows you to flash the Samsung Apps over the ones in the rom. I would recommend installing the samsung camera as the AOSP is slightly buggy.

BenRoark

Feb 5, 2011
Sydney
Modstorm:

Very VERY excited about this ROM!! Thanks a bunch for sharing it!!

On another note, I'm not normally the kind of guy who posts "requests" in ROM threads, but have you yet considered doing a wholistic DPI mod for this ROM? Xposed Framework is great and all, but it still doesn't overcome the issues of changing the DPI for certain apps in TW.

Once again, thanks for the beautiful-looking ROM!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ProjectAOSP-Banner.png

What is Project AOSP ?

Moving from a Galaxy Nexus to the Galaxy Note, I immediately started missing the AOSP look aswell as most of the AOSP apps. However I still liked some of the Touchwiz features which I would lose if I moved to an AOSP ROM. As such I decided to build a ROM which is based on the official Samsung ROM which has most of the Samsung apps replaced with AOSP ones. Apart from this, ProjectAOSP is also completely themed to look just like an AOSP rom would. The result is a ROM which looks just like an AOSP ROM along with the fully working AOSP apps running on the Samsung framework. This allows Samsung apps and features such as SNote, Multiwindow and Smart Stay to work perfectly in an excellent AOSP experience,creating what for me is the best of both roms.

Features :

Look at the changelog to see the complete list of features

Rooted (SuperSU)
    Deodexed
    Multi CSC
    Simplistic Framework
    Nexus Bootanimation
    AOSP Theme (Based on Aventy’s theme with modifications to make it look more authentic)
    AOSP Dialler
    AOSP Contacts
    AOSP Camera
    AOSP Gallery
    AOSP Calendar
    AOSP Clock
    AOSP MMS
    AOSP Keyboard
    AOSP Calculator
    AOSP Browser
    Play Music
    Nova Launcher
    CRT Off Animation
    OTA updated via Goo Manager
    Optional Samsung Apps in Aroma Installer
    Per App DPI
    XThemeEngine

Perseus Kernel

Screenshots.png

Download

Project AOSP v1.5
    ProjectAOSP Extras
    ProjectAOSP Browser Sync Fix

Join us on Google+ Communities

Before commenting with any problems, please read the FAQ in the second post. Questions answered there will not be answered again.

Donators :

CreepyDroid
    Magnanimous24
    olituks

Creating a rom takes up a lot of time. If you enjoy my work please consider donating :)

Credits :

avetny
    AndreiLux
    LegendK95
    Dougi

This rom uses the Perseus Kernel by AndreiLinux

Please support the development by putting one of the banners below in your signature :)

Banners :

Wmv3DOF.png

qQvt1XR.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project AOSP v1.5 - Hybrid AOSP/Samsung ROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    modstorm
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    Based On: Samsung Rom

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.5

Created 2013-08-08
    Last Updated 2013-08-13
    FAQ

Reserved
    Reserved

Instructions :

1. A Full Wipe is recommended if coming from another Rom.
    2. Flash the Rom ZIP file.
    3. Flash the Extras Package if you require any of those apps. List containing apps in the Extras package can be found below.
    4. Reboot and enjoy !

Using Per-App DPI

1. Install Xposed Framework through the Xposed installer app.
    2. Go to the Modules tab and tick the box next to the entry.
    3. Using the Xposed Settings app configure the DPI you want for each app.

Removing the Circle Battery Mod

This rom is running on Simplistic Framework, which gives it a bunch of features. Most of these features require the use of an app which the developer of Simplistic Framework (not me) gives to all users that donate to him. Using different batteries is one of these features and as such, unless you are capable of editing the mod yourself, you are required to donate to the developer in his thread to be sent the Simplistic Control app.

Project AOSP Extras Installer :

Missing Apps :

Accuweather
    All Share
    Clock Widgets
    ChatON
    Chrome
    Dropbox
    Favorites Widget
    Face Lock
    Fm Radio
    GlanceView
    Gmail
    Google Earth
    Google Plus
    GroupCast
    IdeaSketch
    Kies
    Live Wallpapers
    MobilePrint
    Paper Artist
    PolarisViewer
    Popup Browser
    Samsung Apps
    Samsung Files
    Samsung Hubs
    sCloud
    SNote
    SPlanner
    SVoice
    SPen Gesture Pad
    Talk
    Talkback
    Video Player
    Voice Recorder
    YouTube
    Test Utilities
    Text to Speech
    Yahoo Widgets

Samsung Apps:

Samsung Browser
    Samsung Calculator
    Samsung Contacts
    Samsung Email
    Samsung Keyboard
    Samsung Launcher
    Samsung MMS
    Samsung Phone

Others:

AOSP Camera
    Disable CRT Effect
    Rom will be reuploaded tonight :) I also purchased hosting from a new provider and I now have unlimited downloads and bandwith, so I might host future uploads myself :)