[Q] Charging mode reboot into Kit Kat by itself?

Search This thread

cidlover

Oct 30, 2013
Parkersburg
Alright, I don't know if this is a Recovery issue or a board problem but, my SGS2 won't stay in charging mode longer than 5 minutes or so.

I'll power off the S2 and then connect the charger to put it in charging mode, that part is ok
After like 5 or 10 minutes of being in charging mode, it will start to boot into Android without me touching it.

My phone is the SGH-S959G with OmniROM Android 4.4.2 and TWRP 2.6.3.0

Now, i think its TWRP causing it because CWM 6.0.4.5 left it in charge mode or my phone is now messed up completely

Any one else got this problem too? :(

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
I tried this this morning (powered off, left charging for greater than twenty minutes) and my phone has not booted into android on its own. I don't know if the minor differences in the i777 and the s959g matter, but for my i777 on my usb charger, I don't have this issue. I suggest that you try a couple different charging cables -it's a bit of a shot in the dark, but it would eliminate it as a potential hardware issue.

p.s. Your Sig is great, and I appreciate the mention CIDlover, but I don't think that I belong there. Entropy512 gets full bringup credit for OMNI on the i777. I'm just a guy who started the thread.

happy flashing

Alright, I don't know if this is a Recovery issue or a board problem but, my SGS2 won't stay in charging mode longer than 5 minutes or so.

I'll power off the S2 and then connect the charger to put it in charging mode, that part is ok
After like 5 or 10 minutes of being in charging mode, it will start to boot into Android without me touching it.

Now, i think its TWRP causing it because CWM 6.0.4.5 left it in charge mode or my phone is now messed up completely

cidlover

Oct 30, 2013
Parkersburg
I know but if you never have started the topic, I've might be on either on AOCP or CyanogenMod 11 Kit Kat, which is not bad but OmniROM is the only kit Kat ROM with active display so far with an awesome kernel and Doused Xposed framework. And plus thank you for your testing as well.

Sent From My SGH-S959G Running Kit Kat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried this this morning (powered off, left charging for greater than twenty minutes) and my phone has not booted into android on its own. I don't know if the minor differences in the i777 and the s959g matter, but for my i777 on my usb charger, I don't have this issue. I suggest that you try a couple different charging cables -it's a bit of a shot in the dark, but it would eliminate it as a potential hardware issue.

p.s. Your Sig is great, and I appreciate the mention CIDlover, but I don't think that I belong there. Entropy512 gets full bringup credit for OMNI on the i777. I'm just a guy who started the thread.

happy flashing