Check my ATT Galaxy Note II -SGH-I317 SIM card is unlocked and the mobile carrier

Search This thread

hawkeyekid

Mar 14, 2014
New York
This is for ATT Galaxy Note II model SGH-I317:

This little note is to provide clarity and ease to find out what carrier your SIM card is receiving after you have unlocked it.

1)You have removed your "normal" carrier SIM card

2) You have put in a "test" SIM from another compatible carrier

3) You entered an unlock code, with the "test" SIM in your phone.

4) Nobody can easily tell you how to check if you unlocked the phone properly or you were ripped off by the "unlock service"

THIS HOW YOU CHECK:

5)Make sure the "test" SIM card (the "test" is not your normal carrier and just used to ask for an unlock code) is still in the phone.

6)GOTO System Settings

7)GOTO More Settings

8)GOTO Mobile Networks

9)GOTO Access Point Names

10)OBSERVE...the current carrier. (IT SHOULD BE THE CARRIER OF THE "test" SIM, not your "normal" carrier.)

FINISHED.

Thank you and hit the "LIKE" icon :good:

If you really appreciate my information :) MAKE A DONATION.

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
......really?

Nobody can tell if sim is working? Lol.

If you have data..then unlocked worked. Pretty easy to tell.

Sent from my lightning fast Note II running MeanBean 2.0 SuperCharged

hawkeyekid

Mar 14, 2014
New York
What happens,if your "test" SIM is deactivated & you need to verify the carrier?

Thank you for the insight:

I posted, for those of us who have secured a legally deactivated "test" SIM card to unlock the phone, with no way to verify using an activated SIM.

(Now that is a very smart move on my part...obtaining a deactivated SIM to use in unlocking the phone instead of an active one)

Nobody wants to get off a plane and insert a "local" foreign pre-paid SIM and find out they did not unlock it properly.

I unlocked my SGH-I317 by obtaining an unlock code from ATT using a deactivated T-Mobile "test" SIM.

I am sharing this information for those of us, who are not developers.

REMEMBER: Fill another person's bucket, never knock it over. If you knock it over, karma catches up.