[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.1 for GT-I9000 - (user) discussion thread

Search This thread

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
This thread's purpose is to off-load off-topic comments, comments about failing compilation, etc. from the main thread located:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803103

please read the thread FROM POST #1 TO THE END before posting

most probably your question has already been asked

otherwise

* use the forum's search function

* use google:
Code:
site:xdaforums.com gt-i9000 cyanogenmod 6.1
==> copy & paste and add your search term
e.g.:
- site:xdaforums.com gt-i9000 cyanogenmod 6.1 ROM
- site:xdaforums.com gt-i9000 cyanogenmod 6.1 ROM Doc Mod

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which Phones are supported?
GT-I9000 + B/T/M

What about Vibrant, Captivate, Epic, Fascinate?
This version is only for GT-I9000 which means Samsung Galaxy S international.

Is there a list of all known bugs?
http://code.google.c...mod/issues/list

How to report bugs or problems?
- Updater Script failed? Get me the file "/mnt/emmc/cyanogenmod.log" and "/mnt/emmc/format_system.log".
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Phone got stuck at white bootscreen? Run "adb shell" and then "mount" and get me the full output.
- http://pastebin.com links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker at http://code.google.c...mod/issues/list whenever possible!

Which Modem should i use?
JPP

How to revert back to a Samsung Rom?
Odin + Repartition. After this you can restore your nandroid backup.

What about sdcard's?
Stock Android doesn't support two sdcard's.
Internal sd: /mnt/emmc
External sd: /mnt/sdcard

I've no external sdcard. What can i do?
Buy one!

Or modify vold.fstab, remove all content and add following lines:

Code:
# internal sdcard
{
mount_deep = 0
ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/s3c-usbgadget/gadget/lun1/file
asec = disable
mbr_policy = skip
}
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 1 /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

How to build from source?
http://forum.cyanoge...veloper-thread/

My phone is stuck at boot. What to do?
Boot into Recovery and choose: Data wipe / Factory reset

Does CM support rSAP protocol?
No.

Does CM support video calling?
No. Use a market App which can handle this.

Can we use Samsung Dialer or other Apps?
No. But you can install a App from Market that fits your needs.

There's no icon for HSDPA at statusbar?
Yes you're right. But HSDPA is supported but will be shown as 3G.

Is it possible to include Gapps in update.zip?
No, Google denied it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome CyanogenMod for the SGS ! Those dudes are fulltime HaXXorZ - right ?
Nope, just normal users like you and me who taught themselves how to port and fix the CyanogenMod sources to make them run on our loved SGS - so give them a break with additional functionality questions :eek:

What do you mean by porting ?
use the all-knowing Google or Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting)
this means, e.g. that you use the code from the Nexus One and add drivers and other needed stuff to make it work on the Samsung Galaxy S & after that compile it to the language of the SGS and make a ROM out of it (adding more stuff)

So who to ask if I need additional languages and features ?
Ask "upstream" (the developers/guys who develop CyanogenMod)

Where have the ROMs gone to ?
Disappeared - CyanogenMod 6.1 for the SGS currently is NOT for inexperienced "users" - so you need to build it on your own from source
(in fact they moved to cyanogenmod forums but that's NO reason to flood those forums, too, with "stupid", inexperienced/noobish questions)

Why are there less posts on forums.xda-developers.com from the developers than before ?
Inexperienced users scared & annoyed them away with noobish questions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you need information how to push stuff and other tasks:

read about android-sdk-windows or android-sdk-linux
there you'll find adb
with which you'll be able to do things like putting your phone into download-mode, push files to it and other nifty moves :cool:

Last edited:

android53

Jul 23, 2010
Good idea, the main thread is getting cluttered.

Can someone who has got the cm build ruining do a series of benchmarks

Quadrant with ext2/4
Linpack
Benchmarkpi
Setcpu native bench
Glbench

A video would be great

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

jaju123

Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I got system.img and kernel... I know you use nandroid but the only nandroid I can find is for the G2. How do I do this bit?

Anteuz

Jan 31, 2009
Espoo
Well idea is to push them to sd-card for ex. /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/cyanogen
and
create MD5 hashes 'md5sum *img > nandroid.md5' (use adb)

boot to recovery, wipe, restore,boot, apply gapps, boot.

Someone correct me if wrong.

jodue

Dec 15, 2009
vienna
Yeah I got system.img and kernel... I know you use nandroid but the only nandroid I can find is for the G2. How do I do this bit?

if you have a kernel with clockwork-recovery integrated like the ultimate lagfix kernel or the speedmod kernel by hardcore then you allready have nandroid! you just copy the system.img to your sdcard/clockwork/backup/somedir folder. then you freate a nandroid.md5 file with md5sum system.img > nandroid.md5 and your ready to restor. be sure to do a factory reset/wipe before or after and flash the cm-kernel.

edit, @Anteuz: hah, you were faster. and no, you are absolutely right :D

DocRambone

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
You can also unaffs the system.img, and make an update.zip, with modem and kernel, and put the gapps in the same zip. I did it this way and its running nicely. No sd ext acess yet tho.
I wonder if its only to add new symlinks in the update script to get the sd ext mounted properly... hmmm

Reactions: dani31

jodue

Dec 15, 2009
vienna
something interesting: i pulled the newest initramfs from aery before and saw that they have changed the mounts from rfs to ext4. i am currently compiling a kernel with ext4 support ... now we only need a update.zip which converts data udn dbdata to ext4 and we are ready to go :D (or we use ul-kernel to convert...). this should give us another speed boost :)

Anteuz

Jan 31, 2009
Espoo
Now if I only could be able to compile working system.img, currently it dies of some strange issue like:

PHP:
D/AndroidRuntime( 2587): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I/AndroidRuntime( 2587): Heap size: -Xmx16m
D/AndroidRuntime( 2587): CheckJNI is OFF
D/dalvikvm( 2587): creating instr width table
E/dalvikvm( 2587): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@co
[email]re.jar@classes.dex[/email]': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core.jar
 (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core.j
ar'
E/dalvikvm( 2587): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ex
[email]t.jar@classes.dex[/email]': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/ext.jar
(/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/ext.ja
r'
E/dalvikvm( 2587): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@fr
[email]amework.jar@classes.dex[/email]': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/framewor
k.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/framew
ork.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 2587): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@an
[email]droid.policy.jar@classes.dex[/email]': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/android.
policy.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/androi
d.policy.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 2587): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@se
[email]rvices.jar@classes.dex[/email]': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/services
.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 2587): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/servic
es.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 2587): ERROR: no valid entries found in bootclasspath '/system/frame
work/core.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/
framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar'
W/dalvikvm( 2587): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 2587): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
I/ServiceManager( 2370): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
I/ServiceManager( 2370): service 'media.player' died
I/ServiceManager( 2370): service 'media.camera' died
I/ServiceManager( 2370): service 'media.audio_policy' died
I/        ( 2588): ServiceManager: 0xafb8
E/ALSALib ( 2588): external/alsa-lib/src/control/control.c:902:(snd_ctl_open_nou
pdate) Invalid CTL AndroidOut
W/AudioHardwareALSA( 2588): Unable to attach mixer to device AndroidOut: No such
 file or directory
E/ALSALib ( 2588): external/alsa-lib/src/control/control.c:902:(snd_ctl_open_nou
pdate) Invalid CTL AndroidIn
W/AudioHardwareALSA( 2588): Unable to attach mixer to device AndroidIn: No such
file or directory
I/CameraService( 2588): CameraService started: pid=2588
D/AudioHardwareALSA( 2588): openOutputStream called for devices: 0x00000002
D/ALSAModule( 2588): open called for devices 00000002 in mode 0...
I/ALSAModule( 2588): Initialized ALSA PLAYBACK device AndroidPlayback_Speaker_no
rmal
D/AudioFlinger( 2588): setParameters(): io 1, keyvalue routing=2, tid 2590, call
ing tid 2588
I/AudioFlinger( 2588): AudioFlinger's thread 0x263f8 ready to run
D/ALSAModule( 2588): route called for devices 00000002 in mode 0...

It's been a while since I've been compiling anything on *nix. I am mainly Java guy. Anybody have any glue what's going on with that ^^

I do get some drm\java errors when I start build and then it said something about changing api but that got solved with make api something..

Another whisky and another go around.

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
Right, doesn't the ext4 conversion require an update.zip? I remember Aery saying that over in the other thread I think idk.

Doc is your zip based on the newest source from git with ext4 and everything?

Any chance you could post your zip? I know it might encourage stupid people to flash but that's life I guess...

At least could you write some brief guide on how to do it?

Also I found this on Google, is this the current kernel? http://www.multiupload.com/R6KFORO36L

Anteuz

Jan 31, 2009
Espoo
If Doc could share, I could mirror the zip from my dropbox public folder for a while, so there would be no need to mess with rapid upload or some other annoying file share services.

DocRambone

Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
Right, doesn't the ext4 conversion require an update.zip? I remember Aery saying that over in the other thread I think idk.

Doc is your zip based on the newest source from git with ext4 and everything?

Any chance you could post your zip? I know it might encourage stupid people to flash but that's life I guess...

At least could you write some brief guide on how to do it?

Also I found this on Google, is this the current kernel? http://www.multiupload.com/R6KFORO36L
My update zip is heavily modded so maybe better to make a new one. i just compiling a new rom with the latest changes.

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
Yeah I want to be sure he has the latest zip with ext4 stuff and everything going on, if that could be shared that would be great.

Repo sync and building from source takes absolutely forever on slower computers, this would help a lot of people who are "mentally qualified" to run this but don't have the time/horsepower to get it going in a timely fashion.

cantIntoCode

Aug 29, 2010
Glasgow
I wish I could do this. If I manage to get going is a 3GHz core 2 quad enough horsepower? I don't want to start and find out it takes forever :-(

dcarr622

Oct 18, 2008
dcarr.io
I am not sure thats its a good idea to post an update.zip. Would be to easy for new users to break things.And the rom devs should have the honour to do this. Its still a beta and some important things is not functional yet.

Okay I will keep working on it.

I'm currently building using the instructions on the OP in the main thread which I take it will produce a system.img. Then I can produce the nandroid.md5. If I flash the nandroid and then flash the kernel, reboot, flash gapps, etc. will I be ready to go? Or will this not work since it needs to convert to ext4??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can also unaffs the system.img, and make an update.zip, with modem and kernel, and put the gapps in the same zip. I did it this way and its running nicely. No sd ext acess yet tho.
    I wonder if its only to add new symlinks in the update script to get the sd ext mounted properly... hmmm
    Ahh thx for the tutorial !
    Just one Question: Whats working so far and what bugs appear ?
    i tried this theme and it works :p
    i just have to reinstall Gingerbread keyboard thats it

btw i also got the error :|

Same here!... I get the error but the theme gets installed sucessfully... I just had to reinstall de Gingerbread Keyboard.
    Roms normally dont fall from sky and are ready without someone has worked on it. ;-)
    We've already spent more than 100 hours on porting cm to sgs i think. And it will take some additional weeks to get it ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-GT-I9000 using XDA App

I would say months...

I've always thinked there was no chance to use other kernels with CM, but now i read is possible, so we just need to try some, don't we? ;)

It's not possible because you'll get some bugs with wifi and so on.
    But if you like bugs you can try it.