Enable Screen Timeout Never Option

Search This thread

slysy

Jan 7, 2011
I've noticed on some phones such as Samsung Omnia 7, the option to set screen timeout to never had been removed. It is available on other phones such as HTC HD7. Does anyone know of a way to enable the option on phones where it's missing?

Reactions: RandomAlec

CreepinJesus

Jan 13, 2009
Because it can cause damage to the screens if left on all the time. Remember the two Samsung WP7 phones have SAMOLED screens - all others have LCD of some sort.

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
Because it can cause damage to the screens if left on all the time. Remember the two Samsung WP7 phones have SAMOLED screens - all others have LCD of some sort.

I know for this much that its a HUGE pain in the but while trying to use bing to navigate while driving... constantly having to "tap" the screen to keep it from turning off.

They could at least have an option to have it so it doesnt shut off while certain aps are running.

CreepinJesus

Jan 13, 2009
I know for this much that its a HUGE pain in the but while trying to use bing to navigate while driving... constantly having to "tap" the screen to keep it from turning off.

They could at least have an option to have it so it doesnt shut off while certain aps are running.

Once Bing Maps introduces turn-by-turn navigation (inevitable) they may implement something that lets the screen go to sleep between instructions, but wake up at important parts. Tom Tom have something like that on their devices...

cheers!

Jan 25, 2011
Camarillo
You have to have a Chevron-unlocked WP7-Device and a Registry Viewer App. Then you can change it.
My Focus is developer-unlocked and I successfully changed the registry value ( DisableNever is 0), but no joy. I even did a hard reset on the phone. Screen time-out options still only show values from 30 secs. to 5 mins. Any suggestions?

yazdes2012

Mar 28, 2017
i just searched for it and found it

here you go
HKey_Local_Machine --> Control Panel --> Lock --> DisableNever key is set to dword:1 set this to dword:0

this will add the never option to your list of options :)

you can also use wpinternals.net app and reboot in mass storage mode, then use windows regedit to access
1)choose "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
"file>Load Hive>[phone_storage_disk]:\windows\system32\config\software" , name it "PHONE_SOFTWARE"
2)then go to this path:
MY PC\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\PHONE_Software\Microsoft\Settings\Lock
and set DisableNever to 0
3)finally choose on "PHONE_SOFTWARE" and click "file>UnLoad Hive"

then reboot in normal mode and will see "Never" option

really 100 % working method, very easy, dont need root or so on!!!:хорошо:
(tested on my lumia 520)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i just searched for it and found it

here you go
    HKey_Local_Machine --> Control Panel --> Lock --> DisableNever key is set to dword:1 set this to dword:0

this will add the never option to your list of options :)
    I've noticed on some phones such as Samsung Omnia 7, the option to set screen timeout to never had been removed. It is available on other phones such as HTC HD7. Does anyone know of a way to enable the option on phones where it's missing?
    You have to have a Chevron-unlocked WP7-Device and a Registry Viewer App. Then you can change it.