Just ordered one from BestBuy for $99

Search This thread
I don't know where you guys are getting this OOPS - my dad just left the store watching 4 people leave with them for $99, it's all over Android Police and twitter right now with people scrambling to find them in town! Just called a location about 10 miles from my work that has ONE in stock for $99, verified over the phone, trying to get out there to get it now!

EDIT - Android Police is now saying that it is an error, but some stores are honoring the price...... I'm out of here to go get it!!

EDIT 2 - called right before I left, sold out.............

Last edited:

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Except for some stores this morning, BB is selling to no one for $100, unless the stores are blatantly disregarding the bulletin this morning. They have been told not to honor it, so the store manager will eat the cost and be directly taken from their incentive.

In short, the store general manager will eat the cost out of their pay. That is how their profit centers work.

They were warned, so no excuse.

Last edited:

F0l3ert

Jan 1, 2008
Toronto
It's not available on their site any more. The link to it stopped working for a few hours now. I hope they are just updating the proper price because I'm still interested in getting at $299.

triscuit1983

Apr 9, 2009
Laurel
They called it an online pricing error. What the hell is this? It seems a little more than an online error. To me this seems like a bait and switch scenario. I was one of the idiots standing outside at 9 am waiting for a 10 am opening with like 30 other people. This Best Buy however did not hang a sign saying they screwed up. As if they didn't know why 30 people would be hanging out at 9 am on a Thursday. Come to find out several stores did honor the price. This is a much bigger goof up than the HP tablet.

Attachments

• 1b7ha.jpg
    1b7ha.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 146

flo7002

Aug 23, 2010
Managed to snag one early this morning when BB opened. After the salesperson finished the transaction I think he saw that they weren't supposed to sell them at that price, cause he's face and attitude changed, and all of a sudden they were out of stock when I asked him if they had anymore.

Oh well, glad I was able to pick one up, the wife will sure enjoy it. I got my galaxy tab to keep me company :)

dsf3g

Mar 31, 2009
Clearly an error, but looks like a few of you got lucky! LOL! Good for you... I'm jealous.

xdadidida

Jan 6, 2011
Count me as one of them. Didn't know this device existed before. Now I have to decide whether or not I really want it. Main appeal seems to be the pen for me, but until they update to HC or IC, it seems kind of an afterthought. I do see that there's a beta out, but from what I've read on here and elsewhere, it seems like this device is somewhat easier to brick than some of the other more mod-friendly ones out there.

frh1

May 15, 2011
Queen Creek, AZ
Best Buy's Android App just offered me an HTC Flyer For $99, but would not allow me to check out. So I called to complete the sale over the phone. The first person refused to complete the sale at that price. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and she hung up on me. I called back and a 2nd sales person also refused to sell it to me.

Both sales people were so rude that I just don't feel like letting it go. So I took screenshots of the price page and the checkout page. Does anyone know if there are are legal grounds to force them to honor their advertised price?

(Sorry about the double post, I didn't see the topic was already here before I posted.)

2011-10-07_22-47-13.jpg

Last edited:

butterflygirl

May 5, 2011
Best Buy's Android App just offered me an HTC Flyer For $99, but would not allow me to check out. So I called to complete the sale over the phone. The first person refused to complete the sale at that price. So I asked to speak to a supervisor and she hung up on me. I called back and a 2nd sales person also refused to sell it to me.

Both sales people were so rude that I just don't feel like letting it go. So I took screenshots of the price page and the checkout page. Does anyone know if there are are legal grounds to force them to honor their advertised price?

(Sorry about the double post, I didn't see the topic was already here before I posted.)

2011-10-07_22-47-13.jpg

Most states probably have ome form of deceptive trade practices law. You might check to see if you can file a complaint with your state's attorney general.

xdadidida

Jan 6, 2011

2011-10-07_22-47-13.jpg

You're several days too late and it's all over the news by now that it was a price error.

EricSS619

Dec 13, 2008
San Diego
So best buy charged me $113 and sent it via ups. Then today the had an intercept put on the package and they are telling me they won't even file the refund until they recieve it back at their warehouse, which to me is bull****.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
So best buy charged me $113 and sent it via ups. Then today the had an intercept put on the package and they are telling me they won't even file the refund until they recieve it back at their warehouse, which to me is bull****.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Really? That seems above and beyond stupid to me. Best for them to just let the ones that slipped out go, rather than burn a bunch of bridges.

That said, HTC is not eating this- Best Buy is. If just 1,000 slipped out, that is $200,000 revenue lost on a device already selling very well at $300.

theomni

Oct 19, 2008
On thursday when I learned of this pricing error, I called BB and the lady did a price adjustment for me.
So when I went to pick up my HTC Flyer on Friday, the receipt said $99 and when I got home, I saw that I had gotten an email from Best Buy saying that $200 has been refunded to me. I checked online and that was indeed the fact, I saw -$200 on my statement.

Today, I was looking online again and I noticed that my balance was $200 more than what it was a few days ago. I look at my billing activity and I noticed that the "-$200" is not on my billing activity as it was a few days ago. It disappeared as if I never got the refund in the first place.

I have the email to prove that I received a refund. What's messed up is that BB put me in a false state of relief that I had gotten a refund and then without my permission or without notifying me charged my credit card. I charged other things to my card because I was under the false impression that I'm not in the $200 hole.

I didn't mind paying the $300 for the flyer in the first place, but this is just ridiculous for them to flip flop back and forth.
Should I contact my credit card company or call BB directly?

I hope this was worth a customer.

Top Liked Posts