Toshiba Thrive

Search This thread

krips2003

Sep 27, 2009
Louisville
I bought Toshiba Thrive yesterday from Bestbuy (yes, they have it in store, but currently it's not on display). So far it's looks and feel good, well other than the thickness and 1.6lb, but it does have lots option not available in other tabs yet (full hdmi, USB, micro usb and replaceable battery).

Currently I don't see any dedicated thread for this tab. I hope Devs show some love for this awesome tab from Toshiba.:)

o>c

Feb 24, 2010
Hong Kong
Congrats for your purchase. I am also the one who is longing for a dedicated Xda forum for the Thrive/AT100. We need a community! Could you tell us more about the tablet you got please?

DiggerG

Mar 5, 2007
OY! I ordered mine on 6/13 (First day to order) and I don't expect it for another two weeks!?!?!?

slimcognito

Jul 3, 2011
I purchased mine at Fry's today...after checking availability on their website (which shows 32BG model available). My store has the 16GB and 32GB versions in stock. No Toshiba tablet on display, fyi.

slimcognito

Jul 3, 2011
I'm experiencing a problem with the tablet's sleep mode. Sometimes, after a sleep mode of 15 minutes or more, I am not able to wake up the screen with a power-button quick press. I literally have to depress the power button until the tablet completely powers/shuts off and then depress the power button again to start up the tablet.

xrayt369

Aug 14, 2010
SCOTTSDALE , AZ
Same thing here. I don't really care for the launcher either. I tried ADW and it looked good but just not right. Yep, this thing needs to be Dev'd.

slimcognito

Jul 3, 2011
I contacted Toshiba Support and was told that they would try to fix the "sleep mode" issue with a future firmware update. Also, I set the tablet's alarm clock (for the next morning), and it didn't go off due to the sleep mode problem.

I like the Toshiba Thrive tablet, but this particular flaw is prompting me to return it to the store.

ryanp0617

Jun 13, 2010
How I fixed My Toshiba Thrive sleep Issue

I had the same issue when the tablet went into sleep mode it wouldn't wake up it would just blink. In order to turn it back on I had to hold down the power button until it went off then restart it. I fixed it by taking out the battery plugging in the tablet turning it on with no battery, then i put the battery back in and unplugged the device while it was still on it immediately noticed the battery and the sleep problem stopped happening hope this helps.

Edit: I got my thrive early at best at the time this worked for a couple days but then the issue returned again i thought the update would help but I still had the same issue, but now more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: markgeb50

budney

Jan 1, 2004
Eugene, OR
I just picked up a Thrive at a local Best Buy yesterday. It's very nice so far. I have no sleep issues yet. We need a forum here for this beast. :)

DiggerG

Mar 5, 2007
Mine is on order from Toshiba - have to wait until next week for delivery - the benefits of ordering early.

But I want to add my request to the others for a dedicated forum here for the Thrive. It looks like lots of interesting dev can be done with it.

o>c

Feb 24, 2010
Hong Kong
Mine is on order from Toshiba - have to wait until next week for delivery - the benefits of ordering early.

But I want to add my request to the others for a dedicated forum here for the Thrive. It looks like lots of interesting dev can be done with it.

Me too, I don 't live in the US so I know little about BBuy or Amazon. I thought buying from Toshiba is like buying iproducts from Apple, which guarantees stock supply...sigh thats the way they treat their supporters. Still got a week to go!

psenseny

Oct 27, 2009
I bought Toshiba Thrive yesterday from Bestbuy (yes, they have it in store, but currently it's not on display). So far it's looks and feel good, well other than the thickness and 1.6lb, but it does have lots option not available in other tabs yet (full hdmi, USB, micro usb and replaceable battery).

Currently I don't see any dedicated thread for this tab. I hope Devs show some love for this awesome tab from Toshiba.:)

Quick question: Does the Thrive handle charging via USB or will it only chanrge through the poswer adaptor or docking station?

hobbiteer

Mar 18, 2006
Please

I had originally sent an email requesting that a Thrive sub-forum be added. This was the reply I received.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 10:28 AM, hobbiteer wrote:
Subject: new forum

Message Body:
Under Toshiba, would the addition of a sub-forum for the Thrive be something which could be created. It is a new tablet coming out July 1

--
This mail is sent via contact form on xda-developers http://www.xda-developers.com

Hi

I will copy your request to our official request list.

--
Regards

Mike Channon
Forum Admin
xda-developers.com
I had also started a thread
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15209389

Requesting the same thing. I've been drooling over this tablet since I got the Samsung 10.1. I loved the design of the original 10.1 but the new one annoyed me greatly. So now I am waiting for my Best Buy store to sell them to me. (I've asked, many times, they won't give it up before July 10) and Office Depot, while willing to sell to me, is locked out by their register system. So, I'm waiting. In the mean time, I would really really like a Sub-Forum for it as I have requested. And many others as well.

P.S. I see nothing about posting an email. This email was edited to redact any email address that showed. I saw no problem with it as it was a rather simple, and straight-forward email containing no other connotation. If I have violated a TOS please punish me and allow me to edit the post.

budney

Jan 1, 2004
Eugene, OR
I am getting 12+ hours with lots of usage or in sleep mode, never turning the tablet off.

But the ”sleep bug” got me last night, and now the back cover is not closing/sealing on the side with the power, volume, & WiFi buttons. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So does this tablet have an unlocked bootloader?

That will make or break my decision on purchasing one.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

It DOES have an unlocked bootloader. In fact its totally unlocked from the factory(unheard of).

I know this because I bricked mine by flashing the rooted boot.img for the Xoom with fastboot.

On that note, if anyone know of a way to extract or has access to a stock boot.img I would be very grateful!
    How I fixed My Toshiba Thrive sleep Issue

I had the same issue when the tablet went into sleep mode it wouldn't wake up it would just blink. In order to turn it back on I had to hold down the power button until it went off then restart it. I fixed it by taking out the battery plugging in the tablet turning it on with no battery, then i put the battery back in and unplugged the device while it was still on it immediately noticed the battery and the sleep problem stopped happening hope this helps.

Edit: I got my thrive early at best at the time this worked for a couple days but then the issue returned again i thought the update would help but I still had the same issue, but now more often.
    Just got this thing today, gonna start working on some stuff, root etc,
    I'm sure kernel source isn't out yet but as soona s it is(anyone point me to it if they can) I'll try and get an OC kernel. First though gotta see what Toshiba did as far as the bootloader goes
    MODS WE NEED A SECTION, please?
    Now this is the first tablet I've had and my first run in with honeycomb, last I heard there was no hc source, but that seems to have changed as I read Asus released source and people have been compiling kernels for the xoom, so hopefully Toshiba makes us happy being dev-friendly as well need all their specific drivers
    I have heard the July 7th update killed the ADB drivers and the bootloader was locked pre-update.

This not the case. I got ADB working just by using the Android SDK (Level 12) and Google USB Driver (v4). More details at www.thriveforums.org

So now a question, does Android 3.1 have some kind of issue with L2TP IPSec VPN connections?

Unfortunately, OS (Honeycomb) has an incomplete L2TP IPSec implementation. Though has also been true of most of the Android 2.2 / 2.3 builds I've run on my Galaxy S. I tried using an existing PSK / 3DES setup only find out it doesn't support any more than DES. For my situation, I've been able to use PocketCloud as an alternative solution.
    ****EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION*****
    So, according to this forum supported hdd format is exFAT. Apparently it's in the manual, so, I guess I should go RTFM.
    *****End edit*****

As for a previous statement, the mkv files...have you tried a different player? One that supports them and all their subtitles? Or does that player support them?

thanks...gonna try it now. didn't know there was a thrive forums...XDA hurry up and give us a dedicated forum!