SGP Neo Hybrid case for ATT version GS2 available in 2 weeks

Search This thread

jayosee

May 27, 2010
I emailed SGP regarding their Neo Hybrid case and fitment issues for the ATT version (blocking cancellation mic). They emailed me back today stating they will have the ATT version available in 2 weeks, with the correct cut out for the mic, and the correct screen protector in the packaging as well. Cant wait to get mine.

ilgadets

May 26, 2011
I emailed SGP regarding their Neo Hybrid case and fitment issues for the ATT version (blocking cancellation mic). They emailed me back today stating they will have the ATT version available in 2 weeks, with the correct cut out for the mic, and the correct screen protector in the packaging as well. Cant wait to get mine.

did they mention anything about filling in the top right corner and the small hole above the volume buttons?

pistolberserk

Oct 14, 2011
This is great news as I wanted this to be my main case. From the looks of it, this case looks great.

Has anyone ever tried this case on another phone before? did you like it?

Caliesv

Oct 16, 2010
Hurry up case makers!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Tinofet

May 23, 2011
I have the internaltional version of this case and it fits perfectly .

There is one MAJOR issue with it .

The hole for the headphones plug is so ****ing small.
So if you have a big PL plug you need to connect you just cant .
Which suck`s .

In addition when you slide your finger to the right or left and touch the outer shell it bends it a bit and thats annoying ...

My rating for this case :
1-10 ( where 10 is the best )

9 the look of the case
9 for the fit
5 for functionality ( due to the headphone jack ****up )
9 for the price

overall if you do not mind limit yourself for a headphone jack or using your dremel to expend the hole then take it

otherwise look somewhere else

jayosee

May 27, 2010
It's released today... and as I mentioned before, they did not revise the case, only giving you the correct screen protector.

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...samsung-galaxy-s2-case-neo-hybrid-series.html

Well that is disappointing that they didnt just add the hole. Oh well, I will just drill mine out. I sent them an email today giving them a piece of my mind in regards to the previous email they sent me stating they would fix that issue.

gr8hairy1

Nov 8, 2010
Michigan - Thumb
Wow it would be amazing if the insert to this case worked with the TAURUS Aluminum bumper case.

The world would end because it would be the best case EVER!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Well that is disappointing that they didnt just add the hole. Oh well, I will just drill mine out. I sent them an email today giving them a piece of my mind in regards to the previous email they sent me stating they would fix that issue.

I've ordered 3 of them and I poked a hot nail through it and it looks like it came from the factory bro. Only takes about a minute to do.

20111020131640.jpg

Last edited:

allyrocky

Feb 10, 2010
SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT Case Neo Hybrid EX Series

Looks like SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT Case Neo Hybrid EX Series does not cover the 2nd microphone ..

Looks it is include in the site today ..

PS : unable to include link...

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
/thread save

Thanks for the info on the hot nail, I'll use that. Ordering mine today. !!!!!!!

yep no problem. the key to doing it that way it to NOT pull the nail out while its still hot bro. once you push it through, just hold it there until it cools down. otherwise if you pull it out while its still hot, the plastic will pull up and you will ruin the perfect hole and it will be all messed up.

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
Looks like SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT Case Neo Hybrid EX Series does not cover the 2nd microphone ..

Yeah, I just noticed that as well.

The Neo Hybrid cases have a notice that that the second mic is covered, the Neo Hybrid EX doesn't.

Kind of interesting that they are the same price even though the EX does not come with any back cover...

tboooe

Oct 9, 2011
the OC

Where do you see this? I am looking at the site right now and it looks like the 2nd microphone is still covered. Also, the cutout on the upper left corner and lanyard hole is still there.

jayosee

May 27, 2010
yep no problem. the key to doing it that way it to NOT pull the nail out while its still hot bro. once you push it through, just hold it there until it cools down. otherwise if you pull it out while its still hot, the plastic will pull up and you will ruin the perfect hole and it will be all messed up.

good bit of info. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've ordered 3 of them and I poked a hot nail through it and it looks like it came from the factory bro. Only takes about a minute to do.

20111020131640.jpg
    The Neo Hybrid Ex is more like a bumper, the Neo Hybrid is a full body case, I suppose.
    one more question, is the neo hybrid ex keep the camera off surfaces when laying down? and is it like the ip4 where they had buttons , or is it cutouts?

yes it keeps the camera face off of surfaces when you set it down. and it does have butttons, not just cutouts.

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Bought it from eBay. They sell em pre heated.

lmao. perfect!

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

How you get a hot nail?

lol. wow. well, i heated it up with a lighter bro.
    Sounds like your more disappointed with the screen protector than the case. The screen protector can be removed and reapplied since it uses static to cling on. If you have bubbles, it just means there is a bit of dust on the screen, the protectors require a very clean surface for best effect. I've taken mine off, rinsed under for water for a bit to clear it of dust, given a quick shake to lightly dry, and reapplied with no problems.

Just got my hybrid yesterday.

The screen protector was a mess, I have applied screen protectors before but the one that came with the case was really sticky.
    The screen protector comes inside two parts. I removed the number 1, applied it on the phone screen, then removed number 2.
    Problem was when I removed 2 it was very very sticky, like some on the glue stuck in there. Also it had too many bubbles.

I really wanted this screen protector to work.

Can I do something about warranty, paid 26 bucks online for this case and I'm disappointed.

I should have gotten the linear series. :(

#1 is the front (facing you) #2 is the back (goes on phone)

Yeah i just double checked. You put it on backwRds lol

I really wanted this screen protector to work.

Me too, its a $15 screen protector, very pro too, I got really frustrated this morning putting mine on, but later I realised it was my own fault, I cleaned the screen, no dust no nothing, then I used tape to clean screen and unveiled the side of the protector that goes on the screen. While I put it down I guess it collected crap in the air and made bubbles and nasty stuff, so I removed it and used tape again to clean stuff, but it got worse every time I removed 1 spec or bubble more appeared :( I was P/O.

Then I watched some lady do it on youtube, she peeled the cover off only as much as she applied it, so nothing got in/under stuck in there or on the screen, for a perfect clean flawless application. Bummer. I shoulda done it her way.

I have no bubbles or prints or smears and it looks clean, but i Know there is stuff under my protector which bothers me alot. Even though I can't see it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
    umm i dont have a gt-i9100, i have an i777