[NOW PUBLIC!] Team Codefire Presents: Project FreeGee For Korea!

Search This thread

disruptorx

Oct 11, 2006
Singapore
Thanks for the Info Shellnut, I'm getting the same error as above.

My build.prop states-
ro.product.name=geehrc_shb_sg

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

cascade128

Dec 25, 2011
Bandırma
build.prop edit: ro.product.name=geehrc_open_tw and I have tried ''geehrc_open_hk''

Same, not working:(

Error!

Device is not supported:(

huythach83

Oct 30, 2006
Ho Chi Minh
Help please. My phone is F180L with E975 ROM. I use the APK provide by Shelnutt2. But after it tell me that unlock successful, I reboot my phone and it stuck at LG logo :(

taiz

Jun 21, 2005
BKK
I try to use this tool with my F180K , after run batch files
my phone brick and after unbrick I try to flash E975 firmware
it show internal storage about 250Mb only.

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
I cant evn enter into recovery mode.... Aftr power off i pressed vol up + power button... The screen is blank.... Nothing is der... But it boots fyn...!!.... Can nyone explai the proper procedure for goin in to recovery.... Im not sure whethr boot loader s unlockd or not.... Suggest me some way... But i found aftr restart ma battry s down to 20 from 40....strange...:confused:

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda premium

aranciata

Nov 30, 2010
I cant evn enter into recovery mode.... Aftr power off i pressed vol up + power button... The screen is blank.... Nothing is der... But it boots fyn...!!.... Can nyone explai the proper procedure for goin in to recovery.... Im not sure whethr boot loader s unlockd or not.... Suggest me some way... But i found aftr restart ma battry s down to 20 from 40....strange...:confused:

1. root phone
2. download freegee
3. run freegee

if you skipped any of these steps, you are still locked.

Sent from my LG-F180S using Tapatalk 2

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
i know what your problem is..

after powering down. and hold up+power.

the menu is invisible. hold vol down twice and power. that will take you to recovery.

Sent from my LG-F180S using Tapatalk 2

But ma battry has been drained lyk nythin within 2min....wats t reason fr it

skdubg

Feb 9, 2010
there is NO indian version

E975 is the one and only version outside north/south america and korea/japan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Korean LG Optimus G is now unlocked!

If you have a K, S or L varient, you are now fully unlocked!

Instructions

Please note: this requires root before you can install this! If you haven't rooted your phone yet, now is the time to do so.

As with all currently supported varients, we offer two methods of unlock. The first is connected to a computer. The second is through an apk. The apk cost ~1USD, and is a donation to us. The pc version of freegee is free and always will be free.

You can download the apk here. Else read below for instructions.

Also, ensure that you have ADB drivers installed. This WILL NOT WORK without them.

Before we begin: please make sure you have USB Debugging turned on, your phone is in "Charge Only" mode or MTP mode, and your phone's screen is on and unlocked.
    This will allow you to see the root access prompt if your phone asks for it.

1. Download the .zip for your varient at the end of this post
    2. Extract it somewhere on your hard drive
    3. Ensure your screen is on and unlocked
    4. Run the "freegee.bat" script, and follow the instructions.
    5. Do not run this as administrator! the install will fail if you do so.
    6. Once the unlock is complete, check to make sure you have a "backups" folder now in the folder where you put FreeGee. If not, DO NOT REBOOT your phone.

Even a failed unlock will still show the 'congratulations you're unlocked!' text, read the output to see if you have errors!
    You should not see any "adb.exe not found" errors, or "tar: invalid magic" errors. Those would be errors in the script.
    An error which you can ignore is "No space left on device" after it says erasing old recovery and boot. That's just a side effect of how we clear the old images out.

Important Information

To enter bootloader, hold volume UP and power.

Upon entering the bootloader, you will notice that there is no 'menu' to enter fastboot or recovery. Unfortunately, since the stars didn't align properly, we were unable to tell the new bootloader where to load the images that contain the menu from.

In light of that, you'll have to navigate the menu blind. Use the volume keys to change selection, and the power key to select.

The choices are (in order of pressing volume down):
    Start - boot the phone normally [already selected]
    Restart Bootloader - reboot into the bootloader
    Recovery Mode - enter recovery (CWM)
    Power Off - powers the phone off

So, to get to Recovery, you would press volume down twice then power.

If you have trouble with this, watch my video below for a demonstration.

FAQ

• Can I flash an OTA after installing this?
      No. Flashing an OTA could contain a new bootloader, and it would replace the one we have put on your device. If you flash the new OTA, and it replaces the bootloader but not the boot.img, you could be left in a situation where you could not boot the phone due to a security error. Once you're in that position, the only thing you can do is LGNPST back to stock-- and even then, it is possible that an OTA could enable an anti-rollback feature which would disable LGNPST.
    • Does this mean I can flash custom ROMs now?
      Yes. However, the custom ROM must be made for your device. We're working on a decrapified stock ROM, and AOSP ROMs as well. Be patient for those to come.
    • How can I uninstall this?
      We will be releasing a 0.6 verison soon with easy uninstall. In the mean time you can get on irc, and we'll help you, or you can use the apk in the play store.

Special Thanks To!

None of this would be possible without the following people:

unknown2011 (and all his friends!)
    thecubed
    g33k3r
    synergy
    sextape
    Change Log

Current Version: Playstore

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.shell.freegee

Changelog:
    See the play store for change log.

New in v0.5 Removed LG Security check. You are now free to remove any and all apps.

Currently, the download is Windows-only. I will make a OSX/Linux/Windows version soon!

To download please select the varient you have below:

Korean L model:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/korean_l/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_Korean_l.zip

Korean K model:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/korean_k/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_Korean_k.zip

Korean S mode:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/korean_s/freegee/FreeGee-0.5_Korean_s.zip
    Can this be use for international version e975 model?

I haven't pushed e975 support to the play store, but this apk will work for you:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/shelnutt2/optimusg/sprint/private/FreeGee.apk
    Sorry, but im still confused, i just got this phone how do i tell if it is the L, K, or S model?

What carrier are you on? Sprint? If so you need to visit the sprint forums for the unlock.
    I have convert my F180L to E975. So can i use this to unlock my LGOG?

Or I back to F180L Jellybean rom and unlock?

Is this compatible with jellybean rom and we will got cwm recovery?

Yes you can use that apk if you've convereted to E975 (this apk is just the same thats on the playstore plus E975 support). It'll give you twrp or cwm, but you should probably update to a newer cwm than what I have packaged. You'll be able to run jellybean with it.
    Help please. My phone is F180L with E975 ROM. I use the APK provide by Shelnutt2. But after it tell me that unlock successful, I reboot my phone and it stuck at LG logo :(

Your device E975? F180L?