Recommendation for spare battery and charger

Search This thread

swiftrok

Feb 11, 2013
Edmonton
Can someone recommend a good replacement battery to be used as a spare, and then a desktop charger for the extra battery?

There are many varieties and sources, which one(s) have worked for you -- and would you buy them again?

Note_2

Nov 19, 2012
I got a 3100 mah anker on amazon. Performs the same as stock I think. Doesn't come with a recharger though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Morkai Almandragon

Jan 29, 2009
why not just get an external battery instead of a battery and battery charger? Anker makes a 10kmah one that is fairly cheap.

planetbeen

Oct 13, 2011
Virginia Beach
Why not the official Samsung one on the Samsung website?

Its priced at $50, comes with the same battery that comes with the phone and folds closed for travel. Also works as a stand for the phone.

If you search you can get a 50% off coupon and get it for only $24.99....seems like a great deal to me.

I plan on getting one myself for my upcoming 2 week trip.....

Sent From My Ginormous Note 2

iahk

Nov 21, 2010
I like to live lavishly so I own the official Samsung charger that includes the extra battery, the official samsung 9000mah external battery, and the 10,000mah anker external battery someone mentioned above. I can recommend all of them. :)

One thing to note though. The 9000mah samsung external charger just has one USB port for charging. It also doesn't include its own charger to recharge it. The 10,000mah anker external battery has its own charger included, 2 USB charging ports, and a 3rd output to charge laptops (includes multiple adapters).

damagesoft

Jan 26, 2013
belgrade
I've got for present gold battery that was purchased on alibaba, which has a rated output of 4200m, which is absolutely not true. At first I was skeptical and I have to admit that battery performed well. Who use it and carry it back in my purse in case I am not able to recharge the phone with the original battery. I understand the alibaba the battery is pretty cheap, and in my humble opinion, if the battery is used as a backup should not throw the extra money that would be well for us for a few hours ...

Reactions: pcorlatan

pcorlatan

Dec 18, 2008
I loved having spare batteries for my Galaxy S3 and I had an Anker (same size and capacity of original Samsung one) which would last longer than the stock Samsung battery so I figured that's what I'd buy now that I have a Note 2. I bought the 2-pack with external charger from Amazon (click here for link) and I'm somewhat disappointed. Both of the Anker batteries stick out about 1-2mm at the bottom (above the speaker) which prevents the back cover from snapping shut completely. This isn't that big of a deal since I use a TPU case, but it's disappointing. I haven't been through enough cycles to test whether the battery life is the same, but considering my phone lasts over 2 days on a charge with the stock battery it'll take a while.

I did, however, order a single QCell battery with external charger from Amazon (click here for link) and UPS literally dropped it off 10 minutes ago. I immediately tried putting it in the phone and it sits flush, so I already like it more than the Anker. It only has 56% charge so I'll have to measure the battery life after a couple more cycles.

I'd recommend buying a single battery with external charger and making sure you like it before ordering a second spare if you want. I'm highly considering returning the Ankers and buying another QCell after I finish all my testing.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I bought this one. Works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-Rep...qid=1360652070&sr=8-1&keywords=note+2+battery

Edit: I've had Anker batteries for my GS2 when I had it. Had no problems whatsoever.

Do the Anker batteries stick out at the bottom a little bit? Does your back cover snap shut completely at the bottom with either of the Ankers installed?

gaticaag

Aug 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Do the Anker batteries stick out at the bottom a little bit? Does your back cover snap shut completely at the bottom with either of the Ankers installed?

My batteries don't stick out. My back cover snaps completely shut and I'm able to put my diztronic case on it, too. I bought it a little over a week ago. I had them just in case at the Chicago Auto Show.

I prefer spare batteries than external battery packs and what not. It was very useful at Universal Studios. I was able to just pop the dead battery out and put a fresh one in as opposed to plugging a battery pack in.

Reactions: pcorlatan

shadowhawk2020

Mar 6, 2008
My batteries don't stick out. My back cover snaps completely shut and I'm able to put my diztronic case on it, too. I bought it a little over a week ago. I had them just in case at the Chicago Auto Show.

I prefer spare batteries than external battery packs and what not. It was very useful at Universal Studios. I was able to just pop the dead battery out and put a fresh one in as opposed to plugging a battery pack in.

I agree about batteries vs. External charger. I like being able to pop in a new battery and being at 100%. I don't want to wait to have it charge when I want to use it.

I just got my Anker batteries last night I will be doing my "scientific" experiments with them tonight to compare the two.

swiftrok

Feb 11, 2013
Edmonton
Why not the official Samsung one on the Samsung website?

Its priced at $50, comes with the same battery that comes with the phone and folds closed for travel. Also works as a stand for the phone.

If you search you can get a 50% off coupon and get it for only $24.99....seems like a great deal to me.

I plan on getting one myself for my upcoming 2 week trip.....

Sent From My Ginormous Note 2

Yeah I think this is what I'm going to do.

Thanks all for the input, having the native samsung battery seems to make the most sense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like to live lavishly so I own the official Samsung charger that includes the extra battery, the official samsung 9000mah external battery, and the 10,000mah anker external battery someone mentioned above. I can recommend all of them. :)

One thing to note though. The 9000mah samsung external charger just has one USB port for charging. It also doesn't include its own charger to recharge it. The 10,000mah anker external battery has its own charger included, 2 USB charging ports, and a 3rd output to charge laptops (includes multiple adapters).
    I bought this one. Works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-Rep...qid=1360652070&sr=8-1&keywords=note+2+battery

Edit: I've had Anker batteries for my GS2 when I had it. Had no problems whatsoever.
    I've got for present gold battery that was purchased on alibaba, which has a rated output of 4200m, which is absolutely not true. At first I was skeptical and I have to admit that battery performed well. Who use it and carry it back in my purse in case I am not able to recharge the phone with the original battery. I understand the alibaba the battery is pretty cheap, and in my humble opinion, if the battery is used as a backup should not throw the extra money that would be well for us for a few hours ...
    I

I don't think they stuck out when I had one in. I'll double check when I get home from work, though. I have the stock battery in right now.