My Infinity runs much more smoothly after factory reset

Search This thread

qnfauf

Aug 8, 2012
I complained about my tablet not being snappy in general and typing being very laggy, and just decided that I want to try a factory reset. It did seem like other people were also having some performance issues, but I wanted to make sure that it was something that cannot be resolved by factory reset.

After backing up my apps and doing a factory reset, I immediately felt that it performs much better in general. I did some more testing before I restored my apps to make sure that it really is better than before and compare it to after I restore the apps. I just restored them, and it still is better than it used to be.

So I recommend that anyone who just got a new tablet to do a factory reset whether there seems to be a problem or not. It's much easier to do a reset when you don't have anything on it yet instead of having to back up and restore.

Since it's supposed to be much better with Jelly Bean, I really hope it is released soon. I am definitely keeping this device, and it will be even better with the Jelly Bean update.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Ziocomposite

Apr 17, 2010
I wish I'd done all that before getting settled in just to make sure lol. It's pretty smooth already with not too many hiccups so far =D I'll stay with it for a bout a week then back-up/factory reset to see if it helps so I have a baseline 1st.

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
i ended up doing the same thing. My device was becoming really laggy (freezing, force closes). So i just did a hard reset and all seems well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
I complained about my tablet not being snappy in general and typing being very laggy, and just decided that I want to try a factory reset. It did seem like other people were also having some performance issues, but I wanted to make sure that it was something that cannot be resolved by factory reset.

After backing up my apps and doing a factory reset, I immediately felt that it performs much better in general. I did some more testing before I restored my apps to make sure that it really is better than before and compare it to after I restore the apps. I just restored them, and it still is better than it used to be.

So I recommend that anyone who just got a new tablet to do a factory reset whether there seems to be a problem or not. It's much easier to do a reset when you don't have anything on it yet instead of having to back up and restore.

Since it's supposed to be much better with Jelly Bean, I really hope it is released soon. I am definitely keeping this device, and it will be even better with the Jelly Bean update.

Lol do you work for Asus?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

CandyAndy

Jul 29, 2009
Ended up doing factory reset, no changes. Still lags quite a lot and quite a few force closes with every day use.

I wish jelly bean will save the day.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

sledgie

Feb 12, 2005
I unfortunately did a hard reset last night.
I'm an idiot and did the Asus backup (app + data) however I didn't have microSD card in so it skipped the step for duplicate backup.

Then I, like an idiot, proceeded to hard reset. Lost all of my information (my fault completely)
Anyway, alas, it didn't improve anything as far as I can tell. I honestly wish it did but I got so upset I just turned it off for the night.

Reactions: jondroot

jondroot

Nov 13, 2011
Hey guys im noticing that if you simply let the tablet run the last firmware update out of the box before doing anything it runns like a girls hand down a washboard lol jking those are my abs..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

Diogenes5

May 2, 2012
Houston, TX
This original post should make it more clear what you need to do before you factory reset or you will lose all your pictures and app information and other files.

You NEED to run a file backup system like Titanium Backup and then save that backup off your tablet onto either an external SD card or uploaded to a Cloud Service like Google Drive. Otherwise you risk losing everything. I had it happen to myself last night as I thought I had backed everything up (ran Titanium Backup for apps and app info) and wiped my tablet in frustration after constant crashing from Apex Launcher. My tablet runs more smoothly now but it took me over 4 hours to reload all my apps, and I didn't get any of the files I forgot to upload to google drive back.

Reactions: mbegel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I unfortunately did a hard reset last night.
    I'm an idiot and did the Asus backup (app + data) however I didn't have microSD card in so it skipped the step for duplicate backup.

Then I, like an idiot, proceeded to hard reset. Lost all of my information (my fault completely)
    Anyway, alas, it didn't improve anything as far as I can tell. I honestly wish it did but I got so upset I just turned it off for the night.

This original post should make it more clear what you need to do before you factory reset or you will lose all your pictures and app information and other files.

You NEED to run a file backup system like Titanium Backup and then save that backup off your tablet onto either an external SD card or uploaded to a Cloud Service like Google Drive. Otherwise you risk losing everything. I had it happen to myself last night as I thought I had backed everything up (ran Titanium Backup for apps and app info) and wiped my tablet in frustration after constant crashing from Apex Launcher. My tablet runs more smoothly now but it took me over 4 hours to reload all my apps, and I didn't get any of the files I forgot to upload to google drive back.