AT&T One X+ 4.2.2 Update Guide with RUU

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Update Details: http://www.htc.com/us/software/software-updates/htc-one-x-sense-5-update/

AT&T RUU: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...5_18.27.11.35L_release_341689_signed_0220.exe

Sense 5 ROMs: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36091570&postcount=1

Q&A

I am on the stock ROM, but my bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted. Can I accept the OTA update?

No, you must relock your bootloader before taking the update. Otherwise, it will do nothing.

Can I accept the OTA update while on a custom ROM like Viper, Elegancia, Blackout, etc?

No, because the OTA checks to see if any files have been tampered with from stock, so your phone will refuse to update. You will have to go back to a stock ROM or flash the RUU to get the update.

Will the Telus One X+ be getting the OTA update?

It looks like Telus isn't getting the update according to this update schedule, which lacks any mention of the X+.

How do I get said update if I am not on the AT&T network?

Your only options at the moment are to flash a custom ROM based on Sense 5 or flash the RUU, as you cannot receive the OTA from AT&T while on another network.

Is there a way to get the update without updating the bootloader?

Yes, flashing a custom ROM based on Sense 5 will give you the update without updating your bootloader.

I tried updating, but it downloaded a 13 MB update and I'm still on Sense 4+. What gives?

The Sense 5 update is a two-part update. The first small update gets the phone ready for the larger and fully Sense 5 update.

But now I have to wait another 24 hours before I can check for updates again! What if I want it NOW?

You can go to Settings > Date and Time and uncheck Automatic Date/Time, then manually set the day ahead by one. This will allow you to check for updates again.

If you still have some unanswered questions or want something clarified leave a reply and I'll see what I can do. :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

kingofnice

Jun 2, 2012
Good to know but I might be moving on to the One.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4

Siknik64

May 29, 2013
It could have been a good phone if the development crew behind the OTA updates didn't **** around.

Now everything's been shifted towards newer tech. What a waste, and what I don't get is why were there two different versions of this phone to begin with? I'm sure AT&T is outside the US, and I'm sure the wireless communications are just the same everywhere else. Just plain stupidity in the development chain.

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
It could have been a good phone if the development crew behind the OTA updates didn't **** around.

Now everything's been shifted towards newer tech. What a waste, and what I don't get is why were there two different versions of this phone to begin with? I'm sure AT&T is outside the US, and I'm sure the wireless communications are just the same everywhere else. Just plain stupidity in the development chain.

AT&T may also be outside the US, but most international carriers and countries haven't fully taken advantage of LTE as of yet, so that kind of difference is more understandable. Hopefully once the new update comes out development will pick up again. I know I'll be looking into ROM development once the new update releases. :good:

scarletbaron

May 23, 2013
OMG best news ive read this morning!
After tweeting a few higher-ups from HTC on Twitter, I got confirmation here that the Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 update will be arriving in Quarter 4, which is the time frame between October and December. According to him, it is still going through the carrier certification and approval process, but it looks like we haven't been forgotten after all! :highfive:

GottaStayFly

Aug 11, 2010
Alberta
Awesome, so because most of the roms are AT&T and telus are pretty much the same, that means the telus people are going to get the update to with custom roms?

towelboy

Jun 17, 2012
After tweeting a few higher-ups from HTC on Twitter, I got confirmation here that the Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 update will be arriving in Quarter 4, which is the time frame between October and December. According to him, it is still going through the carrier certification and approval process, but it looks like we haven't been forgotten after all! :highfive:

Bieber loves you man :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Rapscallion16

jabbathebum

Dec 27, 2012
Does sense 5 have photosphere because that would be sweet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

las23

Nov 4, 2010
i wonder after this update if this phone can use different roms like the international version of this software. ive been reading through this form and i cant understand why this phone cant get roms. is it because of the bootloader?

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
i wonder after this update if this phone can use different roms like the international version of this software. ive been reading through this form and i cant understand why this phone cant get roms. is it because of the bootloader?

The AT&T version has different radio hardware to the international version. Because of this the devices require different kernels amongst other things. This is why the different roms are not compatible nor will they ever be. This has been explained many times on the forums.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Rapscallion16

poojiggles7

Nov 7, 2012
Anyone think that with this update there might be some hope with new ROMs? Or will it not matter

Sent from my HTC One X+

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
So, the EVO 4G LTE has been confirmed to receive Android 4.3 by the end of the year. I don't know what that means for us, but considering the X+ is almost 6 months newer, there's a very likely chance that we'll receive 4.3 at some point as well! :laugh:

grigoriisi

Sep 29, 2011
So, the EVO 4G LTE has been confirmed to receive Android 4.3 by the end of the year. I don't know what that means for us, but considering the X+ is almost 6 months newer, there's a very likely chance that we'll receive 4.3 at some point as well! :laugh:

From AT&T? Doubt it. But like some say: times shows everything.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester

I think HTC are going to stop supporting older devices even more now. They made a massive quarterly loss this previous quarter. And in fact no smartphone manufacturer that has made this kind of loss has ever survived in one piece. The last two companies to do it was Blackberry and Nokia. Sucks really as HTC are the only smartphones i've ever really liked.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kingofnice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Details: http://www.htc.com/us/software/software-updates/htc-one-x-sense-5-update/

AT&T RUU: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...5_18.27.11.35L_release_341689_signed_0220.exe

Sense 5 ROMs: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36091570&postcount=1

Q&A

I am on the stock ROM, but my bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted. Can I accept the OTA update?

No, you must relock your bootloader before taking the update. Otherwise, it will do nothing.

Can I accept the OTA update while on a custom ROM like Viper, Elegancia, Blackout, etc?

No, because the OTA checks to see if any files have been tampered with from stock, so your phone will refuse to update. You will have to go back to a stock ROM or flash the RUU to get the update.

Will the Telus One X+ be getting the OTA update?

It looks like Telus isn't getting the update according to this update schedule, which lacks any mention of the X+.

How do I get said update if I am not on the AT&T network?

Your only options at the moment are to flash a custom ROM based on Sense 5 or flash the RUU, as you cannot receive the OTA from AT&T while on another network.

Is there a way to get the update without updating the bootloader?

Yes, flashing a custom ROM based on Sense 5 will give you the update without updating your bootloader.

I tried updating, but it downloaded a 13 MB update and I'm still on Sense 4+. What gives?

The Sense 5 update is a two-part update. The first small update gets the phone ready for the larger and fully Sense 5 update.

But now I have to wait another 24 hours before I can check for updates again! What if I want it NOW?

You can go to Settings > Date and Time and uncheck Automatic Date/Time, then manually set the day ahead by one. This will allow you to check for updates again.

If you still have some unanswered questions or want something clarified leave a reply and I'll see what I can do. :fingers-crossed:
    Ok guys, there IS A WAY to flash when you have "error 158"

I got someone to test this out 1st, so i know it works (AT&T device tested)

Here's what you need ;

Minimal ADB\FASTBOOT HERE saves downloading THE WHOLE ANDROID SDK
    The OFFICIAL RUU (download is in the OP)
    and a file that i own, also known as the HBOOT. DOWNLOAD HERE

1st you will need to backup everything from sdcard,

reboot into FASTBOOT-USB (bootloader) make sure the USB is connected

Run the HBOOT exe file 1st, let that run, once that has run and done, run the RUU in fastboot-usb still with bootloader locked.

AND TADA

sorted

**I'AM IN NO WAY RESPONSABLE IF YOUR PHONE, BLOWS UP, BRICKS, DIES, BECOMES SENTIANT**
    I have successfully captured both the preliminary 13.8mb OTApkg.zip as well as the second 532mb OTApkg. The smaller(first) update caused me to lose root so I had to back through the steps to regain it. I am currently waiting for the files to upload to dropbox and will share the link when the upload is complete.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

It is strange, but the text file named version in the first OTApkg shows version 1.19.502.1 CL161932. Is this the older update that they might have accidentally left on their servers?! Regardless, I will still link to both packages.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app
    Schedule Update!

I sent an email to Jason Mackenzie at HTC, and he was able to narrow down the timeframe for the 4.2.2 update to early January!:D A little far off, but it's great to finally hear some more definitive dates.

V0Dioda.png
    New Information and Speculation

I've been keeping up to date on the Twitter-sphere for any new HTC update info. The AT&T 4.2.2 update is still stuck in the certification process with AT&T. :( It appears though that the EVO 4G LTE will get an update via OTA to 4.2.2, then will have a 4.3 update given through PC only. This seems like a good possibility for the One X+ as well (at least the AT&T version). Also, the Droid DNA has a confirmed 4.2.2 release in November, with a confirmed update to 4.4 in Q1! This is also a possibility for our phone. Again, this is all speculation, but by the looks of it, 4.2.2 will most likely not be the last update for us! :laugh: