[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0 [outdated]

Search This thread

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
<OT>Hey Guys, I'm currently S-OFF, but going to S-OFF and root, so I'm trying to suck in as much as I can, but the DS forum is somewhat not filled yet :)

But my question is: is it possible to make this as a "flashable" zip? - Koush did this for Legend loong ago :) that way we could run the CWM recovery without actually touching the partiton :)</OT>

dont know

Feb 12, 2009
<OT>Hey Guys, I'm currently S-OFF, but going to S-OFF and root, so I'm trying to suck in as much as I can, but the DS forum is somewhat not filled yet :)

But my question is: is it possible to make this as a "flashable" zip? - Koush did this for Legend loong ago :) that way we could run the CWM recovery without actually touching the partiton :)</OT>

It's no problem switching the recoveries:

clockworkmodrec can be flashed from ROMmanager
the stock recovery can be flashed per PG88IMG.zip in boot (I do have a PG88IMG_rec.zip on SD, so I've only to rename to have stock recovery)

When you're S-OFF(!?) you only need download gingerbreak for root..

Blezz

Oct 31, 2008
anyway to get the recovery image without rom manager? need it for some testings

spcking

May 8, 2011
Seneca
This is not working for me for some reason I download it rename to PG88IMG.zip move to root folder using root explorer reboot into hboot and nothing reboot phone and the whole file has completely vanished from my phone. Amy ideas?

Sent using my Evo 4g with Cyanogen 7 nighty 87

loveboatcaptain

Mar 9, 2010
Berlin
www.twitter.com
This is not working for me for some reason I download it rename to PG88IMG.zip move to root folder using root explorer reboot into hboot and nothing reboot phone and the whole file has completely vanished from my phone. Amy ideas?

Sent using my Evo 4g with Cyanogen 7 nighty 87

what do you mean with "root" folder...

i mean /sdcard/

don´t put it somewhere else

regards

slob13

Jan 1, 2007
Kiev
Hi, please help me. after I copied file to sd card and boot in to bootloader (hboot) there is file checking and it doesn't ask me to install it

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Hi, please help me. after I copied file to sd card and boot in to bootloader (hboot) there is file checking and it doesn't ask me to install it

it won't ask you but if the file is named right, it should simply check for it and then apply it automatically

try booting onto recovery and see off thee version of clock work mod has changed

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

spcking

May 8, 2011
Seneca
Mine was moved to SD card either and when it scans it don't say anything about this file or nothing I don't get y its not working

Sent from my Evo 4g running cyanogenmod nightly 87

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
It works just fine!

Just rename it to PG88IMG.zip (it might be case sensitive...??), move it to your SD card (e.g. in H:\ directly)

Then reboot to bootloader, once you're there (it will actually get you to FASTBOOT), press power button to get to BOOTLOADER (hboot) and then it scans and says you have a recovery to install....

Simple as that ;)

spcking

May 8, 2011
Seneca
I've done all that place it in /sdcard file name is all caps except the .zip part reboot it scans and does nothing when it scans it says something about pc136.zip and that is it checked cwm and it shows 3.0.0.5 stil

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
are you running this on EVO or on Desire S? In case of a different phone the default update file name will differ... Also I'm pretty sure this is compiled for desire S only...

Reactions: Valwit

loveboatcaptain

Mar 9, 2010
Berlin
www.twitter.com
This is Evo

dude... you are on desire s development forum... not on evo 4g

sadly i have to say that this version will never run on evo 4g cause it´s compiled from source code for the desire s.

absolutely no chance to get this version running on your evo.

please ask koush himself (the dev of clockworkmod recovery) tords upgrade your version or ask in evo 4g dev forum if there is someone how can complie this newest version for your phone.

regards and good luck ;)

Reactions: Valwit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner9.png

clockworkmod-recovery-v4.0.0.5.jpg

You are looking for a special modded Clockworkmod recovery?

Clockworkmod Recovery v4.0.0.5

removed downloadlinks cause of issues with the new unity kernel.

please use this very special recovery

Just have a look on this site: 4EXTRecovery v1.1.1 | STAY @EXT4 | Convert EXT4 without losing data | Advanced Backup

Clockworkmod Recovery v3.2.0.0

downloadlink:

PG88IMG-RECOVERYIMG-3.2.0.0.zip

Clockworkmod Recovery v3.1.0.1

downloadlink:

PG88IMG-RECOVERYIMG-3.1.0.1.zip

or visit my blog dev page: lbc mod android development - custom recovery

Install Instructions:

• download the zip package
    • rename it to PG88IMG.zip
    • put that file on the root of your sd card
    • start you phone in bootloader (hboot not fastboot)
    • the bootloader will ask you if you want to install recovery.img
    • confrim
    • reboot
    • rename the file again into something else (cause bootloader will always try to flash if a PG88IMG.zip file is on your sd card
    well... quite funny...

i just tried to compile an old modded clockworkmod recovery version i personal used on my wildfire before switching to the desire s.

this mod is made by arco68 and you can read about it here:
    [Recovery] ClockworkMod v3.1.0.2 (with offmode charging)

attachment.php

this version is a little older, but is doing his job more than well.
    the special feature why i LOVE this mod is the "advanced backup" option for the nandroid backups. this is PERFECT for people like me who cooks roms.

this safes a lot of space on my sdcard when i made backups of versions which i might want to use later. (like switchen between my new builds). i only need system.img and boot.img to make a update.zip for you but have to backup the hole rom with data and caches. (safes 400MB per backup).

hope you rom-chefs will love this mod as much as me.

1neK

it also has a "wipe all" feature which safes some stupid klicks but has still the 7 no´s in confirm menu ;)

screenshots are from the original post...

will release it tomorrow together with j_rodd´s modded version.

i would pay a beer if somebody could merge those two things into one ;)

regards
    anybody successfully tried to revert on stock recovery?
    fastboot says "FAILED (remote: not allowed)", and with cwm recovery it's impossible to try new OTA...

those fastboot commands only works with an ENG S-Off bootloader. which we dont have. we have SHIP S-Off... there are differences between those both.

our bootloader can everything the ENG can with fastboot commands. we have to use a zip file to flash things like recovery or splash.

you have to add your recovery backup img into my PG88IMG-unsecured_bootimg.zip file from this post [BOOT] Root for S-Off with unsecured Boot Image rename it to PG88IMG.zip and add your recovery.img into that zip file and remove the boot.img file.

than put the file on the root of your sdcard and reboot into bootloader.
    the file will be flashed automaticly.

after reboot your phone, rename the file again to something else, cause every time you are in bootloader and this file is named PG88IMG.zip on your sdcard thhe bootloader will try to flash it.

just a little tipp at the end: you can add every img file into this zip. system and data img files from nandroid backups are working too ;-)

regards
    anyway to get the recovery image without rom manager? need it for some testings

just attached a PG88IMG-RECOVERYIMG.zip file to the first post.

in it you will find the clockworkmod recovery image.

hope this will help you

regards
    Any chance you can get in touch with the developer of this as there seems to be a very annoying bug.
    Everytime i include:
    • format CACHE or
    • format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p27", "/cache");
    the recovery will not flash the ZIP. It will always give a STATUS 1 error.
    So i have to manually format cache and run my ZIPS.
    Thanks.