Boot loop issue

Search This thread

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
So, ever since i updated to a 4.4 rom ive been having some boot loop issues. In the past i just had to plug the phone in and itd boot right up. But today it seems to have gotten into a pickle.

About every 7 or so seconds it reboots itself back to the white HTC splash screen. I can get into fastboot, but after a few seconds it reboots again, and i cant get into recovery at all because its rebooting so fast.

Any ideas on how to fix it, and any ideas on how to prevent it from happening in the future

thayl0

May 26, 2013
So, ever since i updated to a 4.4 rom ive been having some boot loop issues. In the past i just had to plug the phone in and itd boot right up. But today it seems to have gotten into a pickle.

About every 7 or so seconds it reboots itself back to the white HTC splash screen. I can get into fastboot, but after a few seconds it reboots again, and i cant get into recovery at all because its rebooting so fast.

Any ideas on how to fix it, and any ideas on how to prevent it from happening in the future

Have you tried to factory reset>?

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Thats what i mean by fastboot(my bad), so no. It reboots after just a few seconds

Is it possible without those few seconds to some how get it to reset.. If not there really isn't anything you can do. You'll half to take your phone for a replacement.

Only other thing your can try is to fastboot a RUU

zach p

Aug 19, 2013

Had this same problem, it can really be a pain to try to fix. Does the charging light come on when plugged in?

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Sounds like a hardware issue to me as well. You have a warranty? Otherwise you could try taking it apart and see if the battery has a bad connection or something. I have a feeling it's the soc or something like that though. I feel like the fact that it's happening since you updated to 4.4 is probably a coincidence.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk Pro

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
So, i feel that it may be my power button going bad in some way. Because before it goes into the bootloop the 3 hardware buttons flash, as if the power button is being held down, and ive found that to get out of the bootloop i can just 'pump' the power button

thayl0

May 26, 2013
So, i feel that it may be my power button going bad in some way. Because before it goes into the bootloop the 3 hardware buttons flash, as if the power button is being held down, and ive found that to get out of the bootloop i can just 'pump' the power button

Holding the power button down always makes the buttons flash.

sdamark

Sep 28, 2012
Fountain Hills, AZ.
Do you think, maybe, the power button is bad. I've seen a few reports of this.

Sounds to me like it's stuck, pressed. That would cause the repeated reboots, lights flashing, etc. :confused:

Edit-- I see you already suspect this is the problem. Never mind...

Last edited:

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Well, i flashed back to a 4.3 sense rom yesterday and havent experienced the bootlooping issues since. For reference, before i switched back it got to the point that it was doing it twice an hour

So hopefully it is a software issue and not a hardware issue(knock on wood), id rather not go through the hassle of paying my deductible and getting a new phone

Last edited:
Reactions: sdamark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, i flashed back to a 4.3 sense rom yesterday and havent experienced the bootlooping issues since. For reference, before i switched back it got to the point that it was doing it twice an hour

So hopefully it is a software issue and not a hardware issue(knock on wood), id rather not go through the hassle of paying my deductible and getting a new phone