[Q] no fastboot usb

Search This thread

knuddeknurft

Mar 1, 2010
langezwaag
Hello Xda members, first of all I want to say that I DID search!!

My sensation XE has the following problems. When I plug it in the computer in Fastboot mode, It doesn't show "FASTBOOT USB". It only shows "FASTBOOT". So yeahh.. Thats one problem and the other is in 4EXT recovery that it can't mount the sd card.

I don't know if these two have to do something with each other or not. In all the years of flashing phones this never happend to me before.

Hope to hear something from you guys soon!

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Hello Xda members, first of all I want to say that I DID search!!

My sensation XE has the following problems. When I plug it in the computer in Fastboot mode, It doesn't show "FASTBOOT USB". It only shows "FASTBOOT". So yeahh.. Thats one problem and the other is in 4EXT recovery that it can't mount the sd card.

I don't know if these two have to do something with each other or not. In all the years of flashing phones this never happend to me before.

Hope to hear something from you guys soon!

did you select fastboot from bootloader?

knuddeknurft

Mar 1, 2010
langezwaag
install htc drivers if you don't have them already
use usb 2.0 ports not 3.0
enable usb debugging mode from settings
use the original htc cable if you are using a different one

I have installed a number of different drivers, but no luck and the reason why I'm stuck is because i have no OS installed. There is no ROM on the device..

Far_SighT

May 28, 2013
Roorkee
It doesn't show any error unfortunately

EDIT: Formatting the SD card doen's work either

Try a different OS like Ubuntu or Windows 7.

Also, if you have 4ext, choose mount USB from 4ext options, and format your sd card with your computer.

Format everything on the phone via 4ext and try reinstalling your Rom.

Back up stuff as you see fit.

Happy to help.

Top Liked Posts