[Resolved] [Solved] HTC One. GURU Reset and RUU show 3.63.707.4 but installs 3.63.707.3

Search This thread

ShishirMittal

Oct 18, 2013
Indore
First of all, I have spent 2 weeks searching for the exact RUU for the Stock ROM which came with my HTC One. I have tried installing several RUUs and Guru Resets given at htc1guru and have read allmost every post made by @crushalot. I have also read all the posts made by @smartanks and have asked them the same question I will be elaborating here now. I haven't got any help till date and so I was forced to start a new thread. I also researched this forum any similar threads and got now.

This might help all the HTC One India Users in future.

I bought my HTC One m7_U 7 months ago and installed Google Play Edition Rooted RUU on it provided by htc1guru
I changed my CID and MID to install the RUU on my phone and was happy with the Google play edition of the phone till the day my phone's Microphone stopped working and so did the Compass sensor. I also had the Purple Tint Issue with the Camera so I thought Of giving it back to the customer care for a replacement.

Now I started a search for my native Stock ROM that is for the HTC One WWE indian single sim edition(We in india have a dual sim edition also).
The basic step to revert back to stock was to revert back to the original CID which was HTC__038 and Model ID PN0711000.
When searching for the stock roms, I found three options:

1: Install RUU from htc1guru's collection
which matched the CID and ModelID of India's HTC One models.

2: Reset my phone using htc1guru's collection
which also matched the CID and Model ID.

3: Install Nandroid Backup for CID HTC__038 which is not available nowhere.

Trying First Option:
Since The RUU was available I first tried to Install the RUU and installed it successfully but the Software information In About Phone Showed that I am running 3.63.707.3 instead of 3.63.707.4. And the fastboot getvar mainver showed me 3.63.707.4.
Now the issue was OTA. I installed Stock recovery for the OTA in hopes of installing the recent OTA updating HTC One from 3.63.707.4-4.20.707.7. When I searched for the software updates available it showed me the available update as 4.20.707.6. I anyway started to download it and as soon as the download completed the phone gave me the message "we have determined that your phone may be running a modified version of its system software. For your protection we cannot update your phone.
Please revert your phone to the official HTC system software....."

"Failed"

Trying Second Option:
Now the GURU reset seemed to be the last option for me. But after installing it using ClockworkMod and Aroma Installer, The issue was exactly same like the one in RUU. The Software information in the about phone menu showed 3.63.707.3 and the fastboot getvar mainver showed me 3.63.707.4.

"Failed Again"

So finally I gave up and wrote this thread. Please help me if anyone has any idea about why these RUU's are showing a different firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Sanju

asim.khan4

Dec 15, 2006
Mumbai
Lollipop RUU for many devices including 809d India model

Are you still struggling? I happened to bump into this thread. Seilogeo was kind enough to post a lot of RUU including the Asia / India models. I downloaded HTC Asia India, MID: PN0751000, CID: HTC__038 and to start with it has got my phone working. I will be testing OTA updates soon.

http://xdaforums.com/htc-one/general/lollipop-ruu-zip-small-collection-t3053944

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, I have spent 2 weeks searching for the exact RUU for the Stock ROM which came with my HTC One. I have tried installing several RUUs and Guru Resets given at htc1guru and have read allmost every post made by @crushalot. I have also read all the posts made by @smartanks and have asked them the same question I will be elaborating here now. I haven't got any help till date and so I was forced to start a new thread. I also researched this forum any similar threads and got now.

This might help all the HTC One India Users in future.

I bought my HTC One m7_U 7 months ago and installed Google Play Edition Rooted RUU on it provided by htc1guru
    I changed my CID and MID to install the RUU on my phone and was happy with the Google play edition of the phone till the day my phone's Microphone stopped working and so did the Compass sensor. I also had the Purple Tint Issue with the Camera so I thought Of giving it back to the customer care for a replacement.

Now I started a search for my native Stock ROM that is for the HTC One WWE indian single sim edition(We in india have a dual sim edition also).
    The basic step to revert back to stock was to revert back to the original CID which was HTC__038 and Model ID PN0711000.
    When searching for the stock roms, I found three options:

1: Install RUU from htc1guru's collection
    which matched the CID and ModelID of India's HTC One models.

2: Reset my phone using htc1guru's collection
    which also matched the CID and Model ID.

3: Install Nandroid Backup for CID HTC__038 which is not available nowhere.

Trying First Option:
    Since The RUU was available I first tried to Install the RUU and installed it successfully but the Software information In About Phone Showed that I am running 3.63.707.3 instead of 3.63.707.4. And the fastboot getvar mainver showed me 3.63.707.4.
    Now the issue was OTA. I installed Stock recovery for the OTA in hopes of installing the recent OTA updating HTC One from 3.63.707.4-4.20.707.7. When I searched for the software updates available it showed me the available update as 4.20.707.6. I anyway started to download it and as soon as the download completed the phone gave me the message "we have determined that your phone may be running a modified version of its system software. For your protection we cannot update your phone.
    Please revert your phone to the official HTC system software....."

"Failed"

Trying Second Option:
    Now the GURU reset seemed to be the last option for me. But after installing it using ClockworkMod and Aroma Installer, The issue was exactly same like the one in RUU. The Software information in the about phone menu showed 3.63.707.3 and the fastboot getvar mainver showed me 3.63.707.4.

"Failed Again"

So finally I gave up and wrote this thread. Please help me if anyone has any idea about why these RUU's are showing a different firmware.
    Amazing Tip

i'm from Pakistan, and yes if you install this RUU , you'll have software number 1.29.707.4 , after which you'll get 4.2.2 update with software number 2.24.707.3 , i'm currently on 4.2.2 with sw number 2.24.707.3 , and i'm downloading the next OTA 3.63.707.4 right now , which will update my phone to 4.3

Okay, So I have tried your suggested method earlier but got no success may be because I installed a different recovery back then.

I did a fresh Installation of the 1.29.707.4 RUU and got an OTA for the 4.2.2. I immediately downloaded the OTA and installed it successfully after flashing the stock recovery I pulled from the RUU Zip of 1.29.707.4. That went great.

After that, I checked for OTA but there were none available for the phone.
    So I downloaded the OTA Zip file from htc1guru's website for updating from 2.24.707.3 to 3.63.707.4. The zip file size was 700MB approx.
    I transferred the downloaded OTA zip file from my computer to the phone storage and then rebooted the phone into recovery. :D
    went to "apply from phone storage and chose '0' and selected the zip I transferred. Worked like a charm.
    My Phone was then running 43.63.707.4 finally with Android 4.3. :D :D
    Checked for the OTA and found the latest update that is 4.4.2 with 4.20.707.7.

Cant thank you enough for pointing me into this direction. :D :D :D :D
    when you access stock recovery, do you get the error "mount sdcard failed 1 times" , i get this message 4 times and then a red triangle with an exclamation sign in a phone icon appears, is it normal or is something wrong with my recovery?can you boot into your recovery and confirm it? will i still be able to receive future OTAs? can you confirm this if i it is normal or if something's wrong with my recovery? thanks in advance

Dont worry, Its normal to show the red exclamation Mark over the phone, and those SD card mount failure warning is also normal because our phone does not have any SD card. :)
    are you running android 4.4.2? can you boot into your recovery and describe EXACTLY what happens when you boot into recovery? when i select recovery from bootloader, i get a black screen for about 15-20 seconds, after which i get the red exclamation sign and then when i hold down Volume Up and press Power , the recovery menu appears and it shows the recovery log too ("mount sdcard failed 1 times") , is this what happens with you too?

Yes, this is normal Procedure. Happens with me too.