SM-N900T Sevice Mode - Hidden Menu

Search This thread
thanks for the code...jus have quick question...witch option in this menue do i choose for sprint network?..and do you jus touch witch one you want then it unlocks your sim?..what happens next after you choose..im jus lil nervoues to touch an option..feels like the point of no return..lol...messing around with stuff that makes no sense to me..i hope its that simple id love to have this phone on my current provider network witch is sprint
You cannot use a tmobile phone on sprint. They are two different technologies. Tmo is gsm whereas sprint is cdma.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.11.3 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF9) SM-N900T

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
For people who want proof that 1800 MHz (Band 3) works, here:

http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile/help/enable-ca-t2957062#post57349317

I helped a guy in Australia enabled Carrier Aggregation (the ability to use 2 LTE frequencies together) on his T-Moblie Note 3, which is not enabled by default. Australia uses a combination of European frequencies and 700 MHz (Band 17; use by AT&T in the US). When he enabled Carrier Aggregation, his phone began using Band 17 and Band 3 at the same time.

Reactions: toastido

kidtk

Sep 7, 2010
los angeles
i cant get any of these service codes to work do i need to be on a stock rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
i cant get any of these service codes to work do i need to be on a stock rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Because these codes maybe not exist in your device. You can see a full list of all available secret codes in your phone by using Phone INFO ☆Samsung☆ app > Menu > 'Secret Codes'.

210chris92

Dec 29, 2014
unlocked note 3

All,

I noticed on the TMO version of the GN3, that we are very limited in our service mode options. Well, I'm proud to say I've managed to get to the ACTUAL main menu of the service mode, rather than the debug info only menu.

*** DO THESE STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE.***
Here's the trick I used on 4.4.2 Stock:

1) Open Phone, go to the dialer.
2) Enter *#197328640# to enter the service mode. You will land at "DEBUG SCREEN"
3) Hit the menu key, select "Key Input" and in the Input Value box, enter Q (capital letter) and hit OK
4) Hit the menu key again, select "Key Input", and in the Input value box, enter 0000 (four zeros) and hit OK
5) Wait about 5-10 seconds, your service menu should change to "MAIN MENU":

Code:
MAIN MENU
[1] PROTOCOL STATE
[2] UE SETTINGS & INFO
[3] ETC
[4] DEBUG SCREEN(OPEN)
[5] OPERATOR(OPEN)

Now I haven't messed around in here too much, but if you want to reset your modem and GPS (restore the factory NV values for the modem, which COULD help data dropouts, bad GPS fix, etc.), do the following:

1) Enter the MAIN MENU as described above
2) Select option 2 "UE SETTINGS & INFO"
3) Select option 1 "SETTING"
4) Select option 2 "SYSTEM"
5) Select option 3 "NV REBUILD"
6) Select option 3 "ALL"
7) It will tell you to reboot. Do it. Reboot will take slightly longer, but it will completely reset the modem, GPS, and IMS settings

I'm sure there's a lot more that can be done that would be useful in the main menu, but I'm not feeling like destroying my phone ATTM, so I'll let others chime in.

Hit Thanks if you found this useful! :)

Will this lock my modem back up?

norml

May 8, 2013
Gardena, CA
EDIT: here ya go @xdm9mm

epagyte4.jpg

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
I can't seem to find this list, can you point me in the right direction?

ARSE1974

Dec 25, 2015
Upgrade to android 5

Hello there.. i just upgrade my note 3 SM-N900T to android 5.0 and it was already unlocked before upgraded it. once i finished. i can not make any call,send a message, my carrier is not loger recongnised.. it seems that went back to factory. i made a back up of efs folder, but it doesnt work either. please help me.. besides that. it says something like this:
1:30 PM
this phone has been flashed with unauthorized software and is locked ... i beg for your help... do i need to pay for unlocking the cell again?

bw.wylie

Feb 6, 2017
Aix-En-Provence
worked on a failed GPS

Hi, running 5.0, on a SM-N900W8, bought in Canada but branded T-Mobile, can confirm this WORKS! GPS is back and I am very pleased! Running stock. GPS would never fix in any map-style programs and then this brilliant piece of advice. Again, great thanx! /brad

Medyredy

Mar 23, 2017
Hey any idea how to use this in lineageOS? My GPS on my note 3 hlte is not working..I tried many methods I want to try this one..but m not on stock os..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All,

I noticed on the TMO version of the GN3, that we are very limited in our service mode options. Well, I'm proud to say I've managed to get to the ACTUAL main menu of the service mode, rather than the debug info only menu.

*** DO THESE STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE.***
    Here's the trick I used on 4.4.2 Stock:

1) Open Phone, go to the dialer.
    2) Enter *#197328640# to enter the service mode. You will land at "DEBUG SCREEN"
    3) Hit the menu key, select "Key Input" and in the Input Value box, enter Q (capital letter) and hit OK
    4) Hit the menu key again, select "Key Input", and in the Input value box, enter 0000 (four zeros) and hit OK
    5) Wait about 5-10 seconds, your service menu should change to "MAIN MENU":

Code:
    MAIN MENU
    [1] PROTOCOL STATE
    [2] UE SETTINGS & INFO
    [3] ETC
    [4] DEBUG SCREEN(OPEN)
    [5] OPERATOR(OPEN)

Now I haven't messed around in here too much, but if you want to reset your modem and GPS (restore the factory NV values for the modem, which COULD help data dropouts, bad GPS fix, etc.), do the following:

1) Enter the MAIN MENU as described above
    2) Select option 2 "UE SETTINGS & INFO"
    3) Select option 1 "SETTING"
    4) Select option 2 "SYSTEM"
    5) Select option 3 "NV REBUILD"
    6) Select option 3 "ALL"
    7) It will tell you to reboot. Do it. Reboot will take slightly longer, but it will completely reset the modem, GPS, and IMS settings

I'm sure there's a lot more that can be done that would be useful in the main menu, but I'm not feeling like destroying my phone ATTM, so I'll let others chime in.

Hit Thanks if you found this useful! :)
    EDIT: here ya go @xdm9mm

epagyte4.jpg

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5 powered stock 4.4.2 SM-N900T
    is there any other possible way to enable LTE B3 on N900T
    Service menu *#2263# not work for me :(

There are some alternate codes that might work if you are on an older firmware version. You can try the ones below, but a better approach is to install a terminal emulator app and open the general service menu. You will need root to do that though.

dialer codes aka faint hope
    *#27663368378#
    *#197328640#

terminal reliable, if you are rooted
    Code:
    su 
    am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://27663368378

[*#27663368378# takes me to my main menu]

That code doesn't work for me.

@toastido
    If *#197328640# or *#27663368378# didn't work on your handset, this alternative probably will.
    Tested working on a SM-G900T /4.4.2

Use these settings at your own risk
    You have been warned!

Code:
    *#0011#
    Note that the resultant screen appears to be a dead end informational menu.
    Continue with the following key sequence:

Code:
    press menu > back
    press menu > key input > Q
    press menu > key input > 0000
    Wait ten seconds for the menu screen to update.
    Then continue with the following menu choices:

Code:
    2 UE SETTING & INFO
    1 SETTING
    2 SYSTEM
    3 NV REBUILD
    3 ALL
    Reboot phone

Searching for where Samsung moved the NETWORK LOCK /PHONE CONTROL /SHA256 sub menus on the S5 which could be used to reset (unlock) the network SIM lock.
    I go to UK, and they use Band 20 so it is important to me. Can you show us how it is accessed?

thanks

Dial *#2263# and within there you have the option to choose different band preferences.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk