[4/2/2009] Polaris HebPack Project (READ THE UPDATE)

Search This thread

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
Little addition:
disabled PDAC's both keyboards with SKTools,
first thing noticed is the device boots MUCH faster - at least 30 seconds faster maybe more.
so probably big part of PDAC's slowness is the keyboards...

mobiler

Mar 10, 2006
Just searched and got to this post. I don't own Polaris, but this post may well be relevant to my case as well.

I got Touch Pro. I was wondering if for Touch Pro, or Diamond there's any kind of a solution that would just allow me to SEE Hebrew without PDAC/Eyron. Suppose that I am not interested in right to left fix. I just want to be able to see Hebrew in Opera or Internet Explorer? Can I simply change the system font somehow? That would do for me.

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
Just searched and got to this post. I don't own Polaris, but this post may well be relevant to my case as well.

I got Touch Pro. I was wondering if for Touch Pro, or Diamond there's any kind of a solution that would just allow me to SEE Hebrew without PDAC/Eyron. Suppose that I am not interested in right to left fix. I just want to be able to see Hebrew in Opera or Internet Explorer? Can I simply change the system font somehow? That would do for me.
If you only change font it will show hebrew letters but words will be written in reverse - very uncomfortable.

the king

Jul 1, 2005
Hi bro,
1-Where is the link to download this wonderful ROM?
2- Can this ROM be dumped or NOT?
with my deep regards

eranar

Jan 28, 2007
here is an idea to try...... ;)

install "M-Amine 2.0 FINAL" rom in Arabic, it has support for Arabic and also support for
right to left hand writing (in Arabic).
http://rapidshare.com/files/158663210/M-Amine_2.0_ARA_FINAL.zip

download heb2ppc rar file from here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/163871696/heb4ppc.rar

install the "hebrew_regional.cab" first and then the "heb_fonts_all.cab" and then SR

now you have Hebrew support and also right to left support but no Hebrew keyboard.

if you need to write in Hebrew just install "SPB Full Keyboard v4" (not a free program) and choose
Hebrew language in the option. now you have Hebrew keyboard as well.

since the manila 2D in this rom is in Arabic, and we want Hebrew or English, just copy the right
files from one of the folders in "heb4ppc.rar" to your windows folder on your ppc.

"Heb4Manila2D1.1" for Hebrew or "Original Files (WWE)" for English.

now you have a device with Hebrew support that also write in Hebrew and without Eyron, PDAC or Paragon.

btw the O3-TOUCH (if you know what this is) is also working with this setting.

let me know if it's working for you.......it did for me.

p.s. credit for the Hebrew Manila go's to reuvenet from pocketpcfreak

Last edited:

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008

install "M-Amine 2.0 FINAL" rom in Arabic, it has support for Arabic and also support for

install the "hebrew_regional.cab" first and then the "heb_fonts_all.cab" and then SR

now you have Hebrew support and also right to left support but no Hebrew keyboard.

Anyone tried this method & can confirm its working?
can the bidi part of M-Amine's rom be exported to other rom or maybe cab for this?

I couldn't wait and bought PDAC but still waiting for hebrew support with no unnecessary stuff..

also this app released maybe it can be used for hebrew somehow

wisniak

May 10, 2006
Thank you, I'll try it.

How did you diasble the PDAC keyboard?

Last edited:

wisniak

May 10, 2006
Thank you.

I installed the demo SPB keyboard, disabled the 2 PDAC keyboards, performed SR and timed the boot process until I got the full Today screen.

In my case, boot time is about the same (~1 min).

Skyheartblue

May 15, 2008

if you need to write in Hebrew just install "SPB Full Keyboard v4" (not a free program) and choose
Hebrew language in the option. now you have Hebrew keyboard as well.

since the manila 2D in this rom is in Arabic, and we want Hebrew or English, just copy the right
files from one of the folders in "heb4ppc.rar" to your windows folder on your ppc.

"Heb4Manila2D1.1" for Hebrew or "Original Files (WWE)" for English.

now you have a device with Hebrew support that also write in Hebrew and without Eyron, PDAC or Paragon.

btw the O3-TOUCH (if you know what this is) is also working with this setting.

let me know if it's working for you.......it did for me.

p.s. credit for the Hebrew Manila go's to reuvenet from pocketpcfreak
Hi Mate,
Not working for me as should be, after did all you've wrote I still cannot see Heb writings.
I mean, I can see the heb font ok but all is reversed (mirror writing)..... SMS... Contacts.....

Any suggestion b4 installing stupid PDAC\Eyron support?

Cheers,
JB

eranar

Jan 28, 2007
can the bidi part of M-Amine's rom be exported to other rom or maybe cab for this?

yes it can and it's called arabizer. you can download the cab from here:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=120893&d=1223751345

Anyone tried this method & can confirm its working?

well it works for me on a number of roms includes uDK-R4, Epimazzo-KhanX Touch Navia, C_shekhar last rom and PDAVIET last roms.
install the arabizer first
then the hebrew_regional
then the heb_fonts_all

also if you need Hebrew keyboard
there's a few you can try....
-SPB 4
-Resco Keyboard PRO
-PocketCM Keyboard
and any other keyboard that have Hebrew mapping support.

if anyone wants to post this solution for free Hebrew support in pocketpcfreak he is free to do so.
I'm sure we can find more people to try/test it. I think it will work on any ppc with WM6 and up.
I can't post in pocketpcfreak since I'm not a member there.

Last edited:

eranar

Jan 28, 2007
Hi Mate,
Not working for me as should be, after did all you've wrote I still cannot see Heb writings.
I mean, I can see the heb font ok but all is reversed (mirror writing)..... SMS... Contacts.....

Any suggestion b4 installing stupid PDAC\Eyron support?

Cheers,
JB

which rom are you using? if it's not the Arabic rom it will not work. you can try installing the arabizer first if your using
a different rom and then install the Hebrew_regional followed with the heb_fonts_all. I only tried it on the Arabic rom and
other WWE roms. I'm not sure how it works if you have different language installed other then Arabic or WWE.

Skyheartblue

May 15, 2008
Heb support + Keyboard for PDA

OK, this is beautiful!! :D
Now I have Heb fonts + Heb keyboard support with no Pda/Eyron installed!

What I did is simple (according to eranar suggestions!!!):
1. Install any ROM you like, I have tried “c_shekhar final” & “PDAVIET latest”
2. Copy files attached to system memory (not to the SD and also install them when SD I out!)
3. Install first: “arabizer.cab”, then- “hebrew_regional.cab”, then- “heb_fonts_all.cab”
Soft reset when done.
4. Installed any keyboard you like: “Spb”… “Resco”… or others
& WALLA! You have a fat ROM with Heb fonts support and keyboard. No need for any stupid Heb interface that is killing device memory ;)

JB

Attachments

• arabizer.zip
    880.4 KB · Views: 704
  • hebrew_regional.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 770
  • heb_fonts_all.zip
    274.5 KB · Views: 621

ys222

Jun 18, 2008
Tel Aviv
Love U ALL :)

OK, this is beautiful!! :D
Now I have Heb fonts + Heb keyboard support with no Pda/Eyron installed!

What I did is simple (according to eranar suggestions!!!):
1. Install any ROM you like, I have tried “c_shekhar final” & “PDAVIET latest”
2. Copy files attached to system memory (not to the SD and also install them when SD I out!)
3. Install first: “arabizer.cab”, then- “hebrew_regional.cab”, then- “heb_fonts_all.cab”
Soft reset when done.
4. Installed any keyboard you like: “Spb”… “Resco”… or others
& WALLA! You have a fat ROM with Heb fonts support and keyboard. No need for any stupid Heb interface that is killing device memory ;)

JB

Dear people

I LOVE U ALL for sharing this information - my life were upgreded since that at the same level as when I have bought my first PPC....
thank U all :))))))))

wisniak

May 10, 2006
Do you see any improvement on boot time, with this solution?

Further, when typing using the s/w keyboard, do you feel the lag that was caused by PDAC/Eyron?

When I used the PDAC keyboard, it seemed as if every letter was "pushed" to the end of the word (seemed as some sort of on-line translation). Very weird, but more importantly - it slowed down text entry, as well as overall PD responsiveness.

Thanks.