[Q] Best ROM/Kernel for Ray?

Search This thread

yash_p90

Jan 2, 2012
San Jose
Hi friends. My girlfriend recently purchased a Ray. We have rooted the phone and now are ready to install a custom ROM. I wanted a review of ROMs from you guys which you have used on your Ray. (Camera, battery life, smoothness, stability etc.)

You can help me by letting me know about the following ROMs

- CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1
- KA11 Ice Cream Sony
- FreeXperiaProject 7.2
- FreeXperiaProject 9.0
- JJ's HYBRID ROM v3
- RayOnium

Or you could just tell me the best ROM for Ray. :p

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Hi friends. My girlfriend recently purchased a Ray. We have rooted the phone and now are ready to install a custom ROM. I wanted a review of ROMs from you guys which you have used on your Ray. (Camera, battery life, smoothness, stability etc.)

- CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1
- KA11 Ice Cream Sony
- FreeXperiaProject 7.2
- FreeXperiaProject 9.0
- JJ's HYBRID ROM v3
- RayOnium

Try it yourself, and please don't post this kind of question again.

Reactions: aoues

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
:confused:
Well I thought xda was meant to share your knowledge and help others!
Yes but not this kind of question. Clearly you post it at the wrong thread. Why don't you put it on the sticked thread above? And again, none is the Best. It comes down to each person's experiences, and it is not kindly enough to compare something that's been done for passion, with silly ranks. If all ROMs are paid version, you could ask such a question. But it is free so it is ethically not allowed to compare them all, it just makes some war (as i have seen it before on X10MP forum). Try yourself and read all the testimonial. Read before ask will never hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: shemulweb

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi

there is nothing bad in asking for help.. Newbies really dont know where to go... ;)

Its just a Kernel or ROM the guy is asking...There wont be anything too sensitive or emotional for Dev if someone helps him choosing a ROM... :)

@OP... Every ROM has its own features... Depends on users choice or features he/she wants... it just takes 15 mins to check a ROM and its features... try each one by one and stay with the one that suits u more...;)

Reactions: arifkpi

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
there is nothing bad in asking for help.. Newbies really dont know where to go... ;)

Its just a Kernel or ROM the guy is asking...There wont be anything too sensitive or emotional for Dev if someone helps him choosing a ROM... :)

@OP... Every ROM has its own features... Depends on users choice or features he/she wants... it just takes 15 mins to check a ROM and its features... try each one by one and stay with the one that suits u more...;)
Well at least they can read, can't they? Just keeping this thread clean and tidy and minimal of confrontation. I know it is maybe harmless, but i won't bet on it since i have seen it growing to some hatred to the devs later. ;)

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Well at least they can read, can't they? Just keeping this thread clean and tidy and minimal of confrontation. I know it is maybe harmless, but i won't bet on it since i have seen it growing to some hatred to the devs later. ;)

U never flashed my ROM... you hate it... Did i ever hate u coz of that?...:D

its just a Phone... not something related to my Personal characters...;)

Reactions: restlessrob

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta

Not hating the ROM mind you, just the theme.. :p And you know me all along since the first mod i popped here, that i kept the theme as stock as possible (at least in rhythm with stock theme), and later you mod the theme for any other. So you knew how much i love sony theme (or too lazy to do a theme of m own) .. :p

Yes it is just a phone and how nice it is if everybody has the same mind like yours. The thing is, majority of human is human, they like to idolize something and when different peoples with different mind comes together, war.. ;)

Ah forget it, getting off topic now.. X)

Last edited:

kizsleg

Nov 29, 2011

- CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1
- KA11 Ice Cream Sony
- FreeXperiaProject 7.2
- FreeXperiaProject 9.0
- JJ's HYBRID ROM v3
- RayOnium

Well, all I can say is your not yet ready to install custom rom. Unlike any other brand of phones, Sony has a locker bootloader. You have to unlock boatloader first which will void the warranty to install custom ROM.

I'll give you a tip in choosing rom.

1. Go to each rom's thread, read the rom's description first, see if the phone features that are essential for your everyday usage is working as we all now that each has their own pros and cons.

2. Feedbacks, just read feedbacks. It will give you the idea if the Rom is for or not.

3. Number of post, check the number of post. More post may actually mean that many people are using that rom.

Go find it yourself. It's not easy to give comparison as it may hurt the developer's feelings reading some bad comments about their hardworks.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

Reactions: yash_p90

Azzbreaker

Feb 19, 2012
In real i like this topic ... i was reading many things around any Rom ... same with kernels and that's good, what we all together can speak about them all in one place. Coz if u can see, each time when any Rom will be updated, makers did new Topic about it, well why we can't talk about things like that, like new Rom's in one place? For many Dev's it will be nice place too, coz they can see what ppl's like, what they want, for what they downloaded for example MIUI and not Cyan.

Iam interested in this topic, coz iam trying to find balanced Rom, just needed app's in it, everything is working and smooth ... and thats my question of the day, what Rom and kernel(also baseband) draining battery not so fast?

For example on same Rom what i have now iam tried different options in build.prop
pm.sleep_mode=2
ro.ril.disable.collapse=0

but made one mistake in same day iam changed baseband ... and if before my Rom take for whole night 2% of my battery ... after this moves i got 3%.
Today iam trying new baseband and we will see what i can have then.

Well its good to know about them all, i mean Rom's .. and iam tried many of them, last JJ's rom, MIUI from iriijo and bla bla bla. And all what i can say, they all bugged, GB more stable for now and everything is working nice with repack from 4pda .. for nice view i use Go laucher Ex, its overclocked and bla bla bla. I like it, but i love Torch from MIUI with home button and many small things like that in any other Rom.

Well this topic must live, i hope soon we can read here more info and maybe someone can offer to me, how to make my battery life better, coz my phone can stay without charging just 1 day ^^ and one guy at the 4pda forum got 3 days and 14 hours, used 2g(but it was on), not 3g ... used internet, listened music, used wifi also ... i think even 2 days like that should be perfect, but why i can't do the same ?^^

Sorry if my english isn't perfect enough and sorry for to much words in this answer ^^

Reactions: yash_p90

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
In real i like this topic ... i was reading many things around any Rom ... same with kernels and that's good, what we all together can speak about them all in one place. Coz if u can see, each time when any Rom will be updated, makers did new Topic about it, well why we can't talk about things like that, like new Rom's in one place? For many Dev's it will be nice place too, coz they can see what ppl's like, what they want, for what they downloaded for example MIUI and not Cyan.

Iam interested in this topic, coz iam trying to find balanced Rom, just needed app's in it, everything is working and smooth ... and thats my question of the day, what Rom and kernel(also baseband) draining battery not so fast?

For example on same Rom what i have now iam tried different options in build.prop
pm.sleep_mode=2
ro.ril.disable.collapse=0

but made one mistake in same day iam changed baseband ... and if before my Rom take for whole night 2% of my battery ... after this moves i got 3%.
Today iam trying new baseband and we will see what i can have then.

Well its good to know about them all, i mean Rom's .. and iam tried many of them, last JJ's rom, MIUI from iriijo and bla bla bla. And all what i can say, they all bugged, GB more stable for now and everything is working nice with repack from 4pda .. for nice view i use Go laucher Ex, its overclocked and bla bla bla. I like it, but i love Torch from MIUI with home button and many small things like that in any other Rom.

Well this topic must live, i hope soon we can read here more info and maybe someone can offer to me, how to make my battery life better, coz my phone can stay without charging just 1 day ^^ and one guy at the 4pda forum got 3 days and 14 hours, used 2g(but it was on), not 3g ... used internet, listened music, used wifi also ... i think even 2 days like that should be perfect, but why i can't do the same ?^^

Sorry if my english isn't perfect enough and sorry for to much words in this answer ^^

okay...

yash_p90

Jan 2, 2012
San Jose

Yes but not this kind of question. Clearly you post it at the wrong thread. Why don't you put it on the sticked thread above? And again, none is the Best. It comes down to each person's experiences, and it is not kindly enough to compare something that's been done for passion, with silly ranks. If all ROMs are paid version, you could ask such a question. But it is free so it is ethically not allowed to compare them all, it just makes some war (as i have seen it before on X10MP forum). Try yourself and read all the testimonial. Read before ask will never hurt.

I would have tried the ROMs myself if it was my phone. Itz not my phone. That is why I asked for help, otherwise I would have never asked.
I have tried all possible ROMs for my HTC Wildfire.

P.S. I have unlocked the bootloader.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

Azzbreaker

Feb 19, 2012
Testing new MIUI official one for Arc and ported for ray, looks awesome, cutting some xit now and we will see, but for now everything iam tried, everything is working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1
    - KA11 Ice Cream Sony
    - FreeXperiaProject 7.2
    - FreeXperiaProject 9.0
    - JJ's HYBRID ROM v3
    - RayOnium

:confused:
    Well I thought xda was meant to share your knowledge and help others!

- CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1
    - KA11 Ice Cream Sony
    - FreeXperiaProject 7.2
    - FreeXperiaProject 9.0
    - JJ's HYBRID ROM v3
    - RayOnium

Well, all I can say is your not yet ready to install custom rom. Unlike any other brand of phones, Sony has a locker bootloader. You have to unlock boatloader first which will void the warranty to install custom ROM.

I'll give you a tip in choosing rom.

1. Go to each rom's thread, read the rom's description first, see if the phone features that are essential for your everyday usage is working as we all now that each has their own pros and cons.

2. Feedbacks, just read feedbacks. It will give you the idea if the Rom is for or not.

3. Number of post, check the number of post. More post may actually mean that many people are using that rom.

Go find it yourself. It's not easy to give comparison as it may hurt the developer's feelings reading some bad comments about their hardworks.