ExtSD Card

Search This thread

dmxinc

Nov 25, 2012
trenton
I am running stock 4.3 rooted. And, just recently, every time I restart my phone all new information, folders, music, etc gets erased? Is the card going? Or is there maybe some kind of "image" bug? Any ideas appreciated.

Dan

dmxinc

Nov 25, 2012
trenton
What kind of sd card is it?

Do you see any random messages that the card is being unmounted/mounted?

SanDisk 64gb.
Nah.....no error messages.......I think the card is just shot.......I formatted it, 3 times (ExFat), ran a chkdsk, and the files that should have been deleted magically appeared? I tried on two computers runing Win7 Ult... After whole-hardheartedly not wanting it to be the card....I tried my old SanDisk 32gb.....Restarted the phone several times, and new files are there and working....:( Just going to have to spring for a new 64...

Thanks though... :)

tube517

Jun 18, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
SanDisk 64gb.
Nah.....no error messages.......I think the card is just shot.......I formatted it, 3 times (ExFat), ran a chkdsk, and the files that should have been deleted magically appeared? I tried on two computers runing Win7 Ult... After whole-hardheartedly not wanting it to be the card....I tried my old SanDisk 32gb.....Restarted the phone several times, and new files are there and working....:( Just going to have to spring for a new 64...

Don't get a Sandisk..they have issues with the Note 2...I had to replace mine. I got a Samsung SD card and it's been perfect. Google sandisk and issues with the note 2 and you'll see alot of people having issues.

Reactions: dmxinc

dmxinc

Nov 25, 2012
trenton
Don't get a Sandisk..they have issues with the Note 2...I had to replace mine. I got a Samsung SD card and it's been perfect. Google sandisk and issues with the note 2 and you'll see alot of people having issues.

When I bought the phone, it was the only one, reasonably priced, available....

I just ran some more diagnostics using CMD window this time......I keep getting a "Volume Bitmap Corruption...."

I am going to try a few other things listed on this thread.... It can't hurt.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1900259

Last edited:

tube517

Jun 18, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3

I just ran some more diagnostics using CMD window this time......I keep getting a "Volume Bitmap Corruption...."

Well, good luck. But, I just don't trust Sandisk in my Note 2.

The weird thing is, this sandisk SD card WORKS in my Note 1 !!!!

I don't know what it is but it's strange.:confused:

Reactions: dmxinc

dmxinc

Nov 25, 2012
trenton

Yeah, ordering the Samsung microSDXC......I even tried to manually delete one folder at a time, the SanDisk won't let me delete the Spotify Cache. "Can't complete the task. Skip, Try Again, Cancel" dialogue......maybe I'm better off. Good thing I use a cloud to backup all music and photos.....Thanks again.

Dan

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
SanDisk 64gb.

Before replacing it, I would try formatting it to fat32. My phone has intermittent problems with exFat but fat32 works fine.I also had to format it on my PC, using guiformat, for it to work correctly.

dmxinc

Nov 25, 2012
trenton
Before replacing it, I would try formatting it to fat32. My phone has intermittent problems with exFat but fat32 works fine.I also had to format it on my PC, using guiformat, for it to work correctly.

The card is dead.......I ran everything from Swiss Knife and DskChk to Hp and SanDisk Drive software....and finally Paragon. All formats: Fat32, NTFS, EXFat.......They all get to 99% and stop. I can't erase anything from the Card and I can't add anything.

On the optimistic side, it could have been worse....I could have lost all the information that was on it.....I was able to copy it to my laptop. Oh well, Thanks!1 Tube517 and Phoneturf for the ideas.....cue the trumpet/bugle......

:cyclops:

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
The card is dead.......I ran everything from Swiss Knife and DskChk to Hp and SanDisk Drive software....and finally Paragon. All formats: Fat32, NTFS, EXFat.......They all get to 99% and stop. I can't erase anything from the Card and I can't add anything.

On the optimistic side, it could have been worse....I could have lost all the information that was on it.....I was able to copy it to my laptop. Oh well, Thanks!1 Tube517 and Phoneturf for the ideas.....cue the trumpet/bugle......

:cyclops:

Have you tried repartitioning the disk?

-》Sent from my mind to your screen.

dmxinc

Nov 25, 2012
trenton
Have you tried repartitioning the disk?

Yeah....I tried deleting the partition, recreating the partition, making it primary, making it extended.......But, believe me, if anyone runs across this thread and has something for me to try, I will give it a shot. I have nothing to lose and I can't bring myself to believe it can't be fixed....somehow. :silly:

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Yeah....I tried deleting the partition, recreating the partition, making it primary, making it extended.......But, believe me, if anyone runs across this thread and has something for me to try, I will give it a shot. I have nothing to lose and I can't bring myself to believe it can't be fixed....somehow. :silly:

Gave you tried repartitioning and formatting using Linux? I run my own repair business and have had a lot of luck using Linux to recover disks that windows sees as hopelessly corrupted.

Also, from windows, tried running the "chkdsk /f" command on the drive?

Just throwing stuff out there lol. I'm with you and have trouble giving up.

Reactions: Bajanman

dmxinc

Nov 25, 2012
trenton
Gave you tried repartitioning and formatting using Linux? I run my own repair business and have had a lot of luck using Linux to recover disks that windows sees as hopelessly corrupted.

Haven't tried Linux.- might give it a shot this weekend when I have some time.:good:

Ran the chkdsk /f, chkdsk f/ r/, chkdsk f/ v/, format fs:fat32 f:, format fs:ntfs f:.......

Thank you! I will try anything on this, it's useless otherwise, so I'll take it all! :)

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Haven't tried Linux.- might give it a shot this weekend when I have some time.:good:

Ran the chkdsk /f, chkdsk f/ r/, chkdsk f/ v/, format fs:fat32 f:, format fs:ntfs f:.......

Thank you! I will try anything on this, it's useless otherwise, so I'll take it all! :)

It's not useless yet lol[emoji14][emoji106]
Ok if you want the stuff off of it, then search for some kinda program that'll pull the info off. (Any SD card recovery)

My friend erased his card from a camera once but needed the files later. I brought it home ran card recovery on it. Took awhile for the process to finish but pulled all the files up. Even tho the card was blank??
Any type of SD card recovery will do it!! It also quirks on flash drives and other things as well...
Just dropping in my 3¢®™
Bajan out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregsarg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SanDisk 64gb.

It's not useless yet lol[emoji14][emoji106]
    Ok if you want the stuff off of it, then search for some kinda program that'll pull the info off. (Any SD card recovery)

My friend erased his card from a camera once but needed the files later. I brought it home ran card recovery on it. Took awhile for the process to finish but pulled all the files up. Even tho the card was blank??
    Any type of SD card recovery will do it!! It also quirks on flash drives and other things as well...
    Just dropping in my 3¢®™
    Bajan out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk